2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
That was nice. The main task for them it's take the bronze medal at least. But considering many circumstances maybe they'll be able to take something better. 🤔

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Can you imagine, huh? "Candyman took the gold", "Candyman conquers Olympic World", "Candyman - for you and for me", etc. Amazing headlines could be.

Grin

Medalist
Can you imagine, huh? "Candyman took the gold", "Candyman conquers Olympic World", "Candyman - for you and for me", etc. Amazing headlines could be.

Ru Fed meeting.
Lakernik: coach of the year award goes to Eteri (scattered applause). Now we should decide who will take the most prestigious troll of the year award.
Eteri: Trusova won JGPF skating to Big spender.
Mozer: pff... T/M got OGM skating to Candyman!
Lakernik: troll of the year goes to Mozer!

russianfan

Match Penalty
Ru Fed meeting.
Lakernik: coach of the year award goes to Eteri (scattered applause). Now we should decide who will take the most prestigious troll of the year award.
Eteri: Trusova won JGPF skating to Big spender.
Mozer: pff... T/M got OGM skating to Candyman!
Lakernik: troll of the year goes to Mozer!

I wouldn't run ahead of train, FS is still to skate and everything can change drastically. Especially considering how blatantly judges ignore mistakes from canadians.

Grin

Medalist
I wouldn't run ahead of train, FS is still to skate and everything can change drastically. Especially considering how blatantly judges ignore mistakes from canadians.

My post was just a reply to puremagic's 'can you imagine'. But I will laugh hard if CANDYMAN will prevail 😅

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think T/M have to skate their program the best they can and wait to see where that will land them. They've worked hard for it, so I doubt they won't be rewarded if they skate well.

Alchamei

Record Breaker

As unartistic as Duhamel/Radford might be, their programs are at least not cringy as CANDYMANâ„¢.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
i don't care about lyrics at all

Candyman is cringy not just because of the lyrics. The whole program is a hot mess, so many music cuts, bizzare choreo and poses and mainly they can't sell it even if their life depended on it.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Candyman is cringy not just because of the lyrics. The whole program is a hot mess, so many music cuts, bizzare choreo and poses and mainly they can't sell it even if their life depended on it.

Sounds like Kolyada's Elvis program. I think that one is even worse, but T/M's costumes are such eyesores that it makes it hard to watch. Those cheap looking bumblebee costumes should have been changed right after the test skates.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Are the Candyman movies at all a thing in Russia? Cause that would add a certain humour to those headlines. :rofl2:

Grin

Medalist
Are the Candyman movies at all a thing in Russia? Cause that would add a certain humour to those headlines. :rofl2:

No one heard about Candyman in Russia before T/M used it in their FS. I suppose, now 0.0001% of Russians are aware of Candyman.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
No one heard about Candyman in Russia before T/M used it in their FS. I suppose, now 0.0001% of Russians are aware of Candyman.

Interesting. I'm not a horror movie fan myself but the movies were pretty big in the 90s.

Grin

Medalist
Interesting. I'm not a horror movie fan myself but the movies were pretty big in the 90s.
My reaction
1. Oh, it's not just Christina Aguilera clip on YouTube, it's a movie?
2. Oh, it's a horror movie? I bet T/M don't know about it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
My reaction
1. Oh, it's not just Christina Aguilera clip on YouTube, it's a movie?
2. Oh, it's a horror movie? I bet T/M don't know about it.

Someone should show it to them after worlds. Are they on social media at all? Maybe once the hoopla of the Olympics dies down someone will share it with them because it is amusing.

s_parks

Record Breaker
State of Russian pairs: emergency.
Seriously, talk about a 2010 redux. except maybe don't use Mozer's vision to save your pairs program. So tacky.
As for the next generation, honestly Boikova/Kozlovskii and Pavliuchenko/Khodykin seem to have the biggest potential. Hope they can develop well.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
The material is tragic (PLEASE do something about it finally!). But the biggest problem, and why they ended off the podium, is they didn't execute their elements! :(

If they had done their elements as they had done at Euros (which was scratchy and a little messy) they would have either gotten the 154, due to generous Olympic judging, and win gold or just miss out by a hair, like S/H. They would have been on the podium without question. The judges clearly like them A LOT even with the horrific programs. 143 for that mess says it all! :confused2:

I hope their seeing a sports psychologist, or doing something, to try and overcome the constant choking. Their just too good :pray: