2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Ah okay... yeah I think this time they were better than G/X, and I even own their fanfest...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Yay!!! The curse is gone! Polina made me so nervous!
Absolutely well-deserved podium sweep! Congratulations to all pairs! Awesome! :love::clap:

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
Mishina/Galiamov needs polishing but skills and elements wise, it looks like it will hold up with the seniors. Also plus that it looks like their are almost done with puberty and very match in skills and body type

starla16

Medalist
medal for Mishina / Galliamov, doe this mean they will turn senior next season ??

They are the ones along with Atakhanova / Volodin that have good senior prospects
they have big elements and solid jumps.

Pavlyuchenko / Khodykin can stay in juniors for two more seasons to hone their skills, especially skating skills for him.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Approved list of candidates for Russian national teams (Senior main and reserve)

Main: Boikova/Kozlovsky, Zabiyako/Enbert, Pavluchenko/Khodykin, Tarasova/Morozov, Stolbova/Klimov
Reserve: Efimova/Korovin, Zhuk/Miroshkin (new team)

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http://fsrussia.ru/files/docs/RUteam1819.pdf

ETA:
Junior team

Main: Kostiukovich/Ialin, Mishina/Galiamov, Akhantieva/Kolesov, Kvartalova/Sviatchenko, Panfilova/Rylov, Poluianova/Sopot
Reserve: Atakhanova/Volodin

Coaching changes:
Senior: T/M has added Trankov to their team.
Junior: P/S has added Stanislav Morozov to their team.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's official. Kristina Astakhova has retired:

It is very difficult for me to write this post. But I can not remain silent.
Apparently, this Olympic season will be for our couple with Christina Astakhova final.
Christina decided to withdraw from the sport. I was determined to skate for at least 4 more years. But to convince or persuade Christina to continue to go for a drive did not turn out at me, neither at the trainer, nor at Federation of figure skating.

And it can be understood. All these exhausting workouts, injuries, loads, uncomfortable schedules from 10:00 to 22:00, choreography 6 times a week, constant lack of money, stress at competitions, responsibility for the country ... and even this restless Rogonov, ready to endure this all 4 more years 😄

We were called Crystals ...
And I would be glad to still be on the ice, but it seems that Christina's decision is final.
Perhaps someday you will see our couple in ice shows.
But now I feel the strength, and an irresistible desire to continue to grow as an athlete and compete.
Therefore, at the moment I am considering all possible and impossible options ...

Thanks to our coach Arthur Dmitriev for his support and strong shoulder.
Thanks to the choreographer Sergei Komolov for his faith and steep programs.
Thanks to Kristina Astakhova for patience, work and incredible talent!
Thanks to our fans for their support and love!
Thanks to the Federation of figure skating of Russia for understanding and this wonderful video!

It was cool, but the best, of course, is ahead!

https://vk.com/rogonov_alex?w=wall3901912_6232

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
What a shame. I rather liked them, and I thought they had a lot of potential to grow. But if you feel you're finished....just sad that she and her partner stand in a different place on this. But...we've seen what happened to Aljona when Robin wished to stop. So, indeed, the best might be ahead!

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I loved A/R but they were always in a different wavelenght compared to the other pairs. They tried things they couldn't do well too soon, and then they never really got to evolve as a pair because of their SBS jumps - they had a good season with a chance at the Olympics, but they always fell a bit short for most of the cycle. I don't know if Dmitriev was the best coach for them, even though they did evolve a lot under his tutelage. Hopefully Alexei can find someone willing to partner with him.

s_parks

Record Breaker
oh, looks like i missed the memo that Miroshkin paired with zhuk...I'm glad we'll still see him compete; I like his skating. It appears she has at least one triple, so that's a relief.