2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Huh. I mean, their other elements are really good, so it's not quite as crucial, but I'd really have hoped for them to be putting at least one in competition now. At least having them in practice is good, though, it's on the way. Who seems most likely to get the JGP spots?

hanca

Record Breaker
Do Panfilova/Rylov even have one triple, though? :think:

Does it matter whether they have triples? They managed to beat Boikova/Kozlovski twice and Pavliuschenko/Khodykhin once without having any triples last season, so I am not that sure whether having triples while competing in juniors is the ultimate goal. I thought the goal was having more points, rather than having triples? They will definitely need triples in seniors, but they still have four years of junior eligibility, so that is plenty of time to work on triples and put them in their programs only when they are solid.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Oh wow... I thought this was their last junior eligible season! How do they manage to have four more?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Oh wow... I thought this was their last junior eligible season! How do they manage to have four more?

Her birthday is January 23rd 2003, so she was 15 on July 1st. So she has 16, 17, and 18 left. Four years counting this one.

His birthday is September 7th 2001, so he was 16 on July 1st. She he has 17, 18, 19, 20. One more year than her.

hanca

Record Breaker

Don’t forget, this is pairs, not ladies. In Russian ladies they stay in juniors the shortest possible time, so it is usually two junior seasons - if they had their first JGP event as soon as they became eligible, they cannot move to seniors the following year. They have to stay another season. In comparison, pairs usually stay in juniors for as long as they can. This season Boikova/Kozlovski and Pavliuschenko/Khodykhin moved earlier, but that was because of the specific circumstances. After olympics it is quite a good time to move up because many pairs retired, and this time Russian senior pairs foeld is quite depleted which means good opportunity. But generally, pairs usually move to seniors only when they have to. So it I wouldn’t be surprised if Panfilova/Rylov stay juniors for as long as they can, and that means this season that just started plus three more. That’s four years. Plenty of time to get the triples. They are one of the youngest competitors among the Russian juniors that competed last season at the JGP, together with Akhanteva/Kolesov.

LadyB

Record Breaker
In Russian ladies they stay in juniors the shortest possible time, so it is usually two junior seasons - if they had their first JGP event as soon as they became eligible, they cannot move to seniors the following year. They have to stay another season. In comparison, pairs usually stay in juniors for as long as they can.

Thanks for that. Very useful. I did not know that. :agree:

siela

On the Ice
Several pairs from Moskvina group showed one of their programs this weekend in Igora:
Boikova/Kozlovsky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FICst7jMsOY
Panfilova/Rylov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN6F-XLf2hE
Poluyanova/Sopot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz1h1UmoWRg
Scheglova/Kalashnikov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRhju42zwzg
Petushkova/Malikov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vggnt4wQIwQ
Melnikova/Selkin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAysNrvlDNs
Unknown pair: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwCk_GuotXw

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Hi folks,

Just a reminder :pray:

As we kick off with the JGP, please refrain from using the "State of (national)" and Fan Fest threads to discuss competitions. As always, keep competition chat in the Competition forums.

Should we find that folks are discussing competition info in these threads, they will be closed until after the competition.

Thanks!

GS Forum Staff

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi folks,

Just a reminder :pray:

As we kick off with the JGP, please refrain from using the "State of (national)" and Fan Fest threads to discuss competitions. As always, keep competition chat in the Competition forums.

Should we find that folks are discussing competition info in these threads, they will be closed until after the competition.

Thanks!

GS Forum Staff

Just to clarify, we are simply asking that posters don't use these threads as a replacement for competition threads.

You can discuss a skater's performance and the overall results of a skater. Comment's like this are ok: "So-and-so got the bronze -- yay!" or "Trusova makes history with the first quad combo in competition" in the Edge. If someone wants to put that so-and-so landed a triple Axel in the respective FF, that is no problem.

However, there are folks who will inevitably try to use the national threads as a replacement for the competition threads, and that is what we want to avoid.

The pleasure of the competition threads is the feeling of sitting around the sports bar with your buddies all watching the action together and discussing play-by-plays and elements in depth.. Many people are actually watching on various platforms and like to make comments such as, "Did you see that? She fell on her triple flip in the warm-up?" Or, "What kind of a silly costume is that?"

siela

On the Ice
All three Russian pairs were simply wonderful at JGP today. So impressed. I think Russian junior pair skating has never been in a better place than it is right now.

hanca

Record Breaker
All three Russian pairs were simply wonderful at JGP today. So impressed. I think Russian junior pair skating has never been in a better place than it is right now.

They do have about ten pretty decent junior pairs. And the majority of them have to move to seniors within three years, so soon it will be pretty strong senior field too.

hanca

Record Breaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByOGCpSbRyU

Mishina / Galliamov are so senior ready, why did they not turn seniors ?
Tarasova / Morozov will have a hard time with them.
Maybe. We will see how Galliamov can be consistent with his jumps. One competition doesn’t mean anything yet. They obviously improved a lot in comparison with last season, I like then much more now, but the last season he did make mistakes at sometimes. So we will have to see.

starla16

Medalist
Maybe. We will see how Galliamov can be consistent with his jumps. One competition doesn’t mean anything yet. They obviously improved a lot in comparison with last season, I like then much more now, but the last season he did make mistakes at sometimes. So we will have to see.

Mishina is already 17 post puberty, he is a very tall skater and I doubt she will outgrew him ever.
their skating skills are very matching and have all the jumps, not even Tarasova / Morozov were this refined in juniors

I think they just broke the junior FS score ? im not sure
they did got a time violation deduction

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'd say depending on the season the senior pairs will have, and the results from Nats, things might change up there, and M/G could be bumped up to seniors. I wouldn't count on that yet. They have a lot to develop PCS-wise.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Really impressive skating from the Russian juniors today. I think M/G are senior ready with their content but they have work to do, I think they could score a 130+ for this LP in Seniors. Depending on what happens with S/K (I’m hoping they will not split) there is potentially a 3rd spot up for grabs for Euros and worlds. However B/K and P/K have moved up this year so they will also be a factor in the battle.

Senior pairs are bit light at the moment but their is fantastic depth in junior pairs at the moment.

starla16

Medalist
I'd say depending on the season the senior pairs will have, and the results from Nats, things might change up there, and M/G could be bumped up to seniors. I wouldn't count on that yet. They have a lot to develop PCS-wise.

I find it strange that Mishina / Galliamov are still juniors
while Pavlyucenko / Khodykin and Boikova / Kozlovski are moving in seniors considering they are the juniorish ones.