2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

starla16

Medalist
Really impressive skating from the Russian juniors today. I think M/G are senior ready with their content but they have work to do, I think they could score a 130+ for this LP in Seniors. Depending on what happens with S/K (I’m hoping they will not split) there is potentially a 3rd spot up for grabs for Euros and worlds. However B/K and P/K have moved up this year so they will also be a factor in the battle.

Senior pairs are bit light at the moment but their is fantastic depth in junior pairs at the moment.

B/K and P/K dont have M/G jump content and if M/G need to work on PCS
then B/K and P/K need to work harder, they should have switched places and had M/G in seniors

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
P/K have 3T-3T+SEQ as of last year and said that they upgraded their jump content after working with Eteri. Considering that M/G did 3S-1Lo-3S, an upgrade for P/K (likely to 3T-3T or even 3T-3T-2T) would definitely put them ahead. And P/K's other elements are all really strong. They are definitely senior ready.

oleada

Record Breaker
Because M/G have only been together for one season and did not have any JGP experience. I think their world standing was very low and they didn’t exactly qualify for a GP. I think this JGP season is a great opportunity for them to shine, build reputation and confidence and work on their PCS. They can always do a senior B and senior nationals for a shot at Euros/Worlds.

hanca

Record Breaker
Mishina is already 17 post puberty, he is a very tall skater and I doubt she will outgrew him ever.
their skating skills are very matching and have all the jumps, not even Tarasova / Morozov were this refined in juniors

I think they just broke the junior FS score ? im not sure
they did got a time violation deduction
I am not worried about their puberty or growing, but about his consistency. We will have to see. Tarasova/Morozov have been pretty consistent, so it is a bit premature to think that M/G will be soon comparable. They will have to show their consistency. That’s the only way how to climb to the top in seniors.

I think their skating skills could be improved a bit. I like their elements but I would like them to be a bit lighter on their feet. It still feels to me at times as if their skating was a bit heavy (I am talking here about their skating, not their figure). But it is much better than last season, so at the end of this season they will be again so much improved.

hanca

Record Breaker
B/K and P/K dont have M/G jump content and if M/G need to work on PCS
then B/K and P/K need to work harder, they should have switched places and had M/G in seniors
The jumps are needed but are not everything. P/K and B/K all have two different triples each, so if they land it, the slight difference in marks M/G may or may not gain for jumps won’t be the deciding factor. It will be the GOE on all elements and the PCS that will make the difference. And consistency. Ability to land it when it is counted, as opposed to ‘having it’ but making mistakes in competition. If we look at the last season, I would be betting on P/K because they were most consistent. I liked B/K skating skills, but they were the least consistent and M/G also did mistakes (e.g. junior worlds).

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I loved loved loved Apollinariia Panfilova / Dmitry Rylov FS! That was one my favorite pieces of music by Richter and I liked the choreo for it! Their costumes were aslo on point! :love:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Panfilova/Rylov are divine, the fact that they don't have triples has me screaming internally...literally everything else is so much better than the other junior pairs. It's Fedorova/Miroshkin all over again.
I'll be honest, I don't get why Mishina/Galiamov got higher pcs.

starla16

Medalist
Panfilova/Rylov are divine, the fact that they don't have triples has me screaming internally...literally everything else is so much better than the other junior pairs. It's Fedorova/Miroshkin all over again.
I'll be honest, I don't get why Mishina/Galiamov got higher pcs.

too bad she will outgrow him soon though and will have to split up
like Davankova / Deputat, Vigalova / Zakroev, Gubanova / Sinitsov etc

hanca

Record Breaker
too bad she will outgrow him soon though and will have to split up
like Davankova / Deputat, Vigalova / Zakroev, Gubanova / Sinitsov etc
Depends if she will keep growing. She is 15, some people are already their adult height at that age. We will have to see.

Vigaliva/Zakroev didn’t split up because she outgrew him. There was an age difference so he needed to move to seniors and she didn’t have triples and therefore wasn’t ready to move to seniors yet.

The situation with Gubanova/Sintsov also wasn’t that she outgrew him. They both were absolutely useless with jumping, and he aged out.

Because Panfilova/Rylov are quite close with age, he is not aging out anytime soon. Including this season they have four years, which seems to me plenty of time to learn a triple or two. It is not as if she needed the whole set.

s_parks

Record Breaker
At 15, I think it's wishful thinking to hope that panfilova will get triples. Boy do I ever wish it would happen.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
At 15, I think it's wishful thinking to hope that panfilova will get triples. Boy do I ever wish it would happen.

I wouldn't even worry about her age, but the fact that she gets almost no height on her jumps. Maybe the forward entry on the axel helps her, but the other doubles are a mess.

starla16

Medalist

I give them max 2 years ; maybe as early as next year other than having no triples she will grow a few inches and its done.

Mishina / Galliamov are the only juniors I've seen since Tarasova / Morozov that have future senior prospects.
Unlike Mirzoev whom was too short for Mishina , Galliamov is a giant. Mishina is lucky she was able to get another good partner this time with no height issues.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I like both Panfilova/Rylov and Mishina/Galiamov. Panfilova/Rylov are the most pleasant to watch junior team. Cannot Panfilova jump a triple at all or is just not perfected yet? The rest is so beautiful that i can cry that they will not come further because of the jumps.
Mishina/Galiamov are not the balletic kind and only maturity and experience can give them that and make their movements more soft. They will need a tailored choreography to suit their strength, but boy, they are both fierce and daring and their choreography at the moment doesn't showcase this too well. I think powerful instrumental music is at the moment the most suited and i hope they will choose some known and liked pieces to get the support and the connection with the public.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Random, but I miss Mirzoev. I know everyone hates him for the...weight issues when they split, but he was so great to watch. Aside from Han there's really no one amongst the pairs men right now that really stand out in terms of presentation. Maybe if he was taught tge chinese technique they couldve made his height work..

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Random, but I miss Mirzoev. I know everyone hates him for the...weight issues when they split, but he was so great to watch. Aside from Han there's really no one amongst the pairs men right now that really stand out in terms of presentation. Maybe if he was taught tge chinese technique they couldve made his height work..

He'd need a new partner anyway, because Mishina would be way too big for him. Also there was the injury, if I'm not wrong, so he would have other problems to worry about.

s_parks

Record Breaker
He'd need a new partner anyway, because Mishina would be way too big for him. Also there was the injury, if I'm not wrong, so he would have other problems to worry about.

Yeah, that's what I mean. All my favorite pairs people get injured- him, miroshkin, etc.. :palmf:

hanca

Record Breaker
Mishina / Galliamov are the only juniors I've seen since Tarasova / Morozov that have future senior prospects.
Unlike Mirzoev whom was too short for Mishina , Galliamov is a giant. Mishina is lucky she was able to get another good partner this time with no height issues.

Maybe you need to watch more skating. There is about ten decent junior pairs and Mishina/Galliamov are the only one with future prospect? Hmmm, aren’t you by any chance Mishina’s mum? Or Galliamov’s relative? Because you don’t sound very objective.

hanca

Record Breaker
She has pretty decent double axel. Not sure why her other doubles are so tiny if the axel is a decent size, but if she was able to learn the axel with a proper technique, I am not giving up yet.