2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Pairs' figure skating

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It has been a long time since the Russian team has only had one competitive team at the top level. I am curious what team will rise to challenge Tarasova and Morozov. if any.

Boikova/Kozlovskii are looking pretty good, but about them challenging T/M, it's doubtful, especially with Z/E also in the way.

Lana05

Final Flight
I would give Pepeleva/Pleshkov 2nd spot over K/I. 15 points for a win could be enough to qualify for JGP Final and give them better Senior B event than 2nd JGP.
P/P needs more practice and another chance to show themselves. So we could have all Russin Final

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I would give Pepeleva/Pleshkov 2nd spot over K/I. 15 points for a win could be enough to qualify for JGP Final and give them better Senior B event than 2nd JGP.
P/P needs more practice and another chance to show themselves. So we could have all Russin Final

Wait, you'd give them a second spot over the junior world silver medalists? There's no all Russian final now that K/S have skated (and I think that P/P should've had their spot)

Lana05

Final Flight
Wait, you'd give them a second spot over the junior world silver medalists? There's no all Russian final now that K/S have skated (and I think that P/P should've had their spot)
It's a shame that we won't see P/P in the Final. But instead Lockley/Prochnow with 2 4th places
I see lots of potential in P/P. And K/I could go to Senior GPs this season instead of doing another Junior season. They had enoug of rating

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
It's a shame that we won't see P/P in the Final. But instead Lockley/Prochnow with 2 4th places
I see lots of potential in P/P. And K/I could go to Senior GPs this season instead of doing another Junior season. They had enoug of rating

Over Efimova/Korovin then I suppose, but K/I were inconsistent last year and didn't even make the JGPF, so I'm not sure that RusFed would've let them move up. Plus Polina is still really young, younger even than Daria Pavlyuchenko, and P/K were much more consistent last season, so it made more sense for them to move up.

LadyB

Record Breaker
It looks all very exciting to me now, with B/K claiming their stake. The future also looks bright with M/G leading the field and what will happen if Rogonov and Ustimkina hit it big time. I need a bit of comforting after my fave team of all times split up, and Team Russia provides it by the bucket load :party2:

Spirals for Miles

Record Breaker
P/K leading after the MC pairs' SP! E/K in second.
I really think that P/K can snag the third spot to Euros and Worlds this year :)

Lana05

Final Flight
I Want more Russian pairs at B events. Without them they are boring to watch. I hoped P/K will have their debut at Nebelhorn Trophy but they chose Russian Cup :eek:hwell:

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Is there a separate thread for the Russian Cup events? I think a lot of interesting things happen in the Russian very deep figure skating field and I would like to see an overview or the results from all the disciplines, not only the pairs. IIRC, lat year there was a special thread, but maybe I'm wrong.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I just looked at the JGPF qualifiers, 5/6 pairs are Russian, 3/5 guys are Dmitry/Dmitrii and 2/5 girls are Anastasia. :scratch2:

I'm going to be really confused when they announce anything at JGPF.
Anastasia seems to be an oddly common name in this generation. In my time it was Tatiana.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there a separate thread for the Russian Cup events? I think a lot of interesting things happen in the Russian very deep figure skating field and I would like to see an overview or the results from all the disciplines, not only the pairs. IIRC, lat year there was a special thread, but maybe I'm wrong.

Yes. Since these are national qualifiers, you can find them in the Russian Nationals thread in the Competition Forums.

hanca

Record Breaker
I just looked at the JGPF qualifiers, 5/6 pairs are Russian, 3/5 guys are Dmitry/Dmitrii and 2/5 girls are Anastasia. :scratch2:

I'm going to be really confused when they announce anything at JGPF.

It may be a good idea to pay attention to the surnames then? It is not that unusual that names come in and out of fashion. At my school we also had quite a few John, James and Bob within one class.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Looks like T/M changed their SP a little bit according to Trankov. Thank goodness, because it was rubbish at the test skates.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh man not the T/M bashing again, if you really don't like a couple just ignore them! It's aggravating having to read the same old complaints and "good advice" for them every single competition.

I really enjoyed their test skates and I'm very much looking forward to seeing them at Finlandia! I hope they kick butt!

LadyB

Record Breaker
Oh man not the T/M bashing again, if you really don't like a couple just ignore them! It's aggravating having to read the same old complaints and "good advice" for them every single competition.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing them at Finlandia! I hope they kick butt!

Bravo!!! Best advice ever! That's exactly what I always do.

Go out and get them, T/M!