2017-18 Coaching Changes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017-18 Coaching Changes

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
They improved this year. They just didn't improve in their performance at Nationals.

Unholy Fluke Fall Batman! And it was one of their best performances up to that point. But one fall at the wrong time can, as we saw, kill a season.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Unholy Fluke Fall Batman! And it was one of their best performances up to that point. But one fall at the wrong time can, as we saw, kill a season.

It was two falls, I'm afraid. And, to be honest, Hawayek & Baker were a bit jittery in the SD as well. Trying too hard, I think. But their season was over anyway, and they had defeated Sinitsina & Katsalapov and Fournier-Beaudry & Sorenson in competition this season. Plus gotten close to Guignard & Fabbri at Golden Spin, despite fizzling the twizzles a bit there. Which leaves them hovering around 12th/13th in the world if you compare teams head-to-head.

Better for H&B that it happened at this year's Nationals. The field at U.S. Nationals will be deeper this coming year, and a lot more will be on the line.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think it should be clarified that Liza, Adelina and Julia are on the reserve senior team, as is, I believe, Alena.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Igor has too many teams?

I think Hawayek & Baker genuinely benefited from working with Camerlengo this season. They were essentially number one in the rink, and it showed within their programs & improvement.

(Igor has Chock & Bates, who have reportedly said they are staying in; Pogrebinsky & Benoit, the team that slid past H&B's messy free skate at Nationals; and Carreira & Ponomarenko, who will not move up right away but likely will within 2 years--three teams likely hoping to be fighting for the same world team spots down the line).

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Mysliveckova/Cslloey to Barbara Fusar-Poli group with Roberto Pellizzola (they still have him in the coaching team, but he became part of Fusar-Poli group) so they moved their traning location to Mediolanum Forum with the rest of the group as the Agora rink had not enough ice time for them.

peese

Medalist
Nam Nguyen has left Tracey Wainman and is now with Robert Burke who coaches Michelle Long.