Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
This photo triggers curiosity......is it A, B or C? :laugh:

P&G Yuzu Days drawings #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

Real life Sakamoto desu ga? :noshake:

Background on Sakamoto desu ga? (Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto). The incredibly cool and popular Sakamoto, a genius who is well liked by both girls and boys. Despite the strange situations he may be in, Sakamoto always manages to fix the problem in absolute perfection while still being over the top..... Although he acts strangely sometimes (such as doing weird poses or acting sneakily), it only adds to his coolness. Sakamoto has a range of 'secret skills' which allow him to do various things, such as catch bugs or blow bubbles. :shocked:
option A though :rofl:
P&G Yuzu Days interview translated by @Yuzusorbet, source: P&G myrepi

YUZU DAYS (30 June 2016) : What figure skating taught me – the stage called the world.

The stage called the world

–It’s a dream, it’s also a wall (challenge)–
When I was little, my home rink was my world. Then from junior to senior. And from Japan to the world. I feel that my stage has gradually grown bigger. When I started to skate in the world, it was really like a dream. Until then, it was a world that existed only on TV, so I was continually surprised and amazed by everything. Same as when I first arrived in Canada, everything was exciting and every day was a day of discovery. Competing in the world, I feel the magnitude of it, and at the same time, I also feel the big wall (challenge) of the reality that there are many great skaters who can do things that I cannot do.

–What I should, it’s just one thing!–
Competing on the world stage, there are many areas that are different from Japan. In order to win, you have to master high level skills, and mental strength is also needed. Because the climate, environment and food are all different, you have to manage and take care of your own physical condition. But whether in Japan or in the world, what I have to do is the same. When I think ‘I want to win!’ in the world of high level skaters, there is nothing else but to keep polishing myself (keep improving). I am able to say this now, but the old me could not say something like this.

About fans throughout the world

–No matter what kind of support, I’m happy–
There is tremendous energy in the support of fans and it always reaches the heart. The feelings of fans who support athletes are the same, no matter what country they are from. But there is a difference in the manner of support. There are fans who like to cosplay to show their support (t/n. I think he means fans who wear Pooh costumes), and there are fans who fill the rink with lots of presents…. the customs and culture of hospitality of the country are shown, and the unique and enthusiastic support raises the excitement level. To support a single athlete, all become united as one, it is something amazing and very happy.

–I want to turn the support into strength–
When the support power is very strong, sometimes I will feel the pressure, in a good sense. Turning that pressure into my own strength is a way of paying back (or living up to) that support. Each time I perform, various sounds arise from the audience area. Depending on the content of the performance, there are expectations, relief, disappointment, etc, but as I skate, the air of the venue moves. I really enjoy that sense of oneness with the whole place and the sense of presence.

To people who are aiming to (compete in) the world

–Do not be afraid of failure or detours–
It is good if it can become good advice to my juniors in the future, but I feel that I am not in that position yet. My mantra is just “Nothing is a waste.” So even if you take a detour or if you fail, it is a 100% opportunity to reflect and think. It may seem like a waste at that time, but some day it will certainly become food for thought on how not to fail again. Sometimes detours (or a roundabout way) become the shortcut in terms of results. So, the things that you want to do, take on the challenge without fear and cherish the experience. That’s what I wish for them.

Yuzuru Hanyu, the university student

I am in the Faculty of Human Sciences 「人間科学部」 and now my major is 「人間情報科学科」(Human Information Science). What kind of study is that? The world is overflowing with information; by what system do people encounter the information, receive it, judge that it is right and continue into action? On what basis do they do that? Data is analysed and many things are capitalised on. I’m learning about the information processing ability of humans, the way they deal with information, of course some things are related to sports and some have nothing to do with sports, such as how changing the position of an office desk affects efficiency and also environmental design with the study of an actual company as an example. To do one report every week is really tough but I work hard to hand them in.

[This 1st series of Yuzu Days has ended. The 2nd series will start in autumn.]
His major seems really interesting, honestly I've never heard about it before but I guess is psychology related.

Spiral

Final Flight
I read the book today.
The pictures are beautiful(there are many), but the content is...:drama::drama::drama:
It's quite shocking and horrifying to know the details of Yuzu's injuries and disease:scowl:
I was almost about to faint reading some parts. Yuzu is not dramatizing anything but just plainly explains the fact, then it's even more horrifying.
After reading the book, I thought "Is this worth it?" Apparently he thinks so.
I just hope he won't suffer from pains any more this coming season and all through the Olympic season
(if such a thing is possible...)
The last pages of the book are very touching. I love the way he talks about Requiem:luv17:

He has written an autobiography? I wish it were released in English!

Regarding illness, I’ve heard that he has asthma. Is it true? If so, how on earth does he manage to skate competitive programs?

What does he say about Requiem, please? I find it one of the most moving fs programs I’ve ever seen, because of the music and Yuzuru’s skating, but I don’t really know what it’s about.

ioanna

Record Breaker
It looks like Yuzu's checking Machida in one of the pictures, maybe he had a bruise. I suddenly recalled how involved people stated that Yuzu tended to take a caring and responsible role to support his surroundings at the time of shows :agree: Great thing they get along so well.
So happy for him being this joyful around his juniors. Hopefully next midseason he'll have fun again.
No, they were eating onigiri and Yuzuru was wiping grains of rice off Tatsuki's mouth :laugh: They're adorable. Possibly much closer friends than Yuzuru is with Javier, contrary to popular belief. Their story go way back when they were juniors. Yuzuru was devastated when Tatsuki retired in his absence.

Eloyse

On the Ice
No, they were eating onigiri and Yuzuru was wiping grains of rice off Tatsuki's mouth :laugh: They're adorable. Possibly much closer friends than Yuzuru is with Javier, contrary to popular belief. Their story go way back when they were juniors. Yuzuru was devastated when Tatsuki retired in his absence.
I believe the popular belief is that Yuzuru is very close to Machida, much closer than he and Fernandez. In fact we can tell that Yuzuru is much closer to Uno than to Fernandez😄

Eloyse

On the Ice
Yuzuru will be with Keiji in NHK :luv17:

https://twitter.com/miroku_ashura/status/748108572278415360

Many of you might already know, the kanji used for Keiji 刑事 means "police detective" that is not usually used for a name (although "Keiji" itself is a common name).
The above is called a scene "Yuzuru arrested and hauled by Keiji." For what charge :rofl2:
I remember Google translate or whatever translator once translated keiji's name into 'criminal'😂

afellani

Spectator
I read a rumor of BOrser having an interview with a japanese magazine saying that Borne has already finished her work with yuzu's fp and Buttle is going to work with him in July. Btw I couldn't find this anywhere... Has any of you heard anything about this?

Eloyse

On the Ice
His major seems really interesting, honestly I've never heard about it before but I guess is psychology related.
His major should be something like information science and communication, which is a very popular major in a lot of countries. I believe what he learns from this major will help him a lot in his career.

ioanna

Record Breaker
I believe the popular belief is that Yuzuru is very close to Machida, much closer than he and Fernandez. In fact we can tell that Yuzuru is much closer to Uno than to Fernandez😄

That too but Shoma is more like a child he loves to look after. :laugh: Yuzuru and Tatsuki were close and comfortable enough to tease each other all the time. From Yuzuru asking Tatsuki to be his dance partner at the Sochi gala to Yuzuru dancing to Don't Stop Me Now at the GPF gala last season, they're a funny pair.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
WUT?:eeking: But honestly I'd love a new Bourne collaboration. I was hoping he would work with her again.:)
I read a rumor of BOrser having an interview with a japanese magazine saying that Borne has already finished her work with yuzu's fp and Buttle is going to work with him in July. Btw I couldn't find this anywhere... Has any of you heard anything about this?

sweetwater

On the Ice

Seems like you can read the interview in this magazine. Official release date of the magazine is July 8th, though the publisher is offering exclusive pre-sales to the audience of Dreams on Ice show being held in Nagaoka this weekend. I guess more reviews of the magazine will be out soon and we'll be able to know the details.

lappo

Final Flight
:party2: I'm glad that he sticks with JB and Bourne even though had he ventured in some experiments with other choreographers in the pre Oly season I wouldn't have mind... i'm relieved though, at a certain point some interviews (Orser? Cannot remember...) made me think that he was going to have a David Wilson LP.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Yes! I'm glad he's working with Jeff and Shae again. They seemed to have clicked with Yuzu and understand him pretty well to know where his strengths lie but to also give him challenges (which he loves :biggrin: )
Thank you everyone for the information!

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I guess it's more than sure he will be opening FP with quad loop from first gp event. Mmaybe target will be to reduce quad toe in program to do more loop and salchow's

Status
Not open for further replies.