Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulia95

Medalist
what happened in Boston is still burning inside me , I'm not even able to imagine what's going on in Yuzu's mind. I pray with all my heart he learnt to be strong enough to defend and protect himself in every slippery and dangerous situation he will face in the future.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
what happened in Boston is still burning inside me , I'm not even able to imagine what's going on in Yuzu's mind. I pray with all my heart he learnt to be strong enough to defend and protect himself in every slippery and dangerous situation he will face in the future.

I was so sorry the FS didn't go well, but I will NEVER forget his SP. I felt like I was in a dream watching. I hope he will be able to approach the next season with a renewed mental toughness and better physical condition after having had some rest.

SuzyQ

Medalist
:biggrin:

Everyone, so am I, seems to be hungry for real Yuzu now.

Yesterday, a special TV drama "Doctor X" broadcasted in Japan. This drama series was popular, although I did not like it so much as it was a bit unrealistic to me. But, this time, the patient in the drama was a figure skater (he can jump 4A!!), and the model seemed to be Yuzuru. I could not resist to see it :p

https://twitter.com/YAC_7k/status/749605102667706368

There were a lot of jokes/quips afterwards, such as,

- The way he fell is so weird.
- Too slow before the jump. He can never make 4A with such speed!!
- Look at that face while jumping!! No way!
- That combination of shoes and blades (EDEA Motivo and MARK IV) is not the one for a medalist.
- His costume seems to be too loose (actually it resembled the one Mitsuki Sumoto wore last season)
- The second place is "Javier Adriano - Spain" :laugh2:
- The final score is 329.47. Slightly less than Yuzuru's score!!
- Someone made the protocol !!

And, so on and so on.

Fans seem to have enjoyed the drama very much :rofl:
We are really starved for real Yuzu :dance2:

A Chinese fan made this assignment table for men.

And ladies.
Thank you :thank:

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
:biggrin:

Everyone, so am I, seems to be hungry for real Yuzu now.

Yesterday, a special TV drama "Doctor X" broadcasted in Japan. This drama series was popular, although I did not like it so much as it was a bit unrealistic to me. But, this time, the patient in the drama was a figure skater (he can jump 4A!!), and the model seemed to be Yuzuru. I could not resist to see it :p

https://twitter.com/YAC_7k/status/749605102667706368

http://xxhuyuzero.jp/2016/07/04/post-15672/#more-15672
http://xxhuyuzero.jp/2016/07/04/post-15710/

There were a lot of jokes/quips afterwards, such as,

- The way he fell is so weird.
- Too slow before the jump. He can never make 4A with such speed!!
- Look at that face while jumping!! No way!
- That combination of shoes and blades (EDEA Motivo and MARK IV) is not the one for a medalist.
- His costume seems to be too loose (actually it resembled the one Mitsuki Sumoto wore last season)
- The second place is "Javier Adriano - Spain" :laugh2:
- The final score is 329.47. Slightly less than Yuzuru's score!!
- Someone made the protocol !!

And, so on and so on.

Fans seem to have enjoyed the drama very much :rofl:
We are really starved for real Yuzu :dance2:

A Chinese fan made this assignment table for men.

And ladies.
Thank you :thank:
4A as the last jump :laugh:

skatefan22

Medalist

He wrote in his new book that before wc2016, he kept having a dream in which he got second place. There wasn't even a single dream in which he was able to claim gold. Silver has been haunting him.

liv

Record Breaker
I think maybe knowing he was not 100% played in his head subconsciously.... resulting in those dreams. And the pressure of being perfect again, and the fear of not being so. This year should be better for him psychologically since he has another wall to climb in coming back from injury, rather than thinking he always has to be perfect. It is a different challenge. I expect a better performance at worlds... barring injury, of course.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Lightheaded, breathless with happiness at the list of skaters for SA and SC--the first skating competitions I've ever been to in person. Did I give away rubies in a previous lifetime? Very thankful!

tzazu

Medalist
Still July, and this year no SOI, so nothing about new program, this will be a veeeeery long summer😥

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Lightheaded, breathless with happiness at the list of skaters for SA and SC--the first skating competitions I've ever been to in person. Did I give away rubies in a previous lifetime? Very thankful!

OMG! will you go to SA and SC this year? the list of skaters at both GPS is just gorgeous! You are very lucky! :love:

I know your feelings...Still i cant get over what had happened at Worlds with yuzu.. Even i, who is only a fan can't, how about yuzu? No one knows what's in his mind other than himself... But at least lets believe in him, his power. :)

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
He wrote in his new book that before wc2016, he kept having a dream in which he got second place. There wasn't even a single dream in which he was able to claim gold. Silver has been haunting him.

that's really sad to know. I hope next season he can be more mentally prepared.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

If I may ask - did you purchase your Skate Canada tickets directly through the box office, thru Ticketmaster, etc.? I am already doing Skate America but am realizing Skate Canada is so closeby! I almost hate to NOT go. Plus there are many good skaters scheduled for Sk. Canada.

Upnights

On the Ice

Better start out slow - with Autumn Classic:coffee:

kiches

Final Flight
If I may ask - did you purchase your Skate Canada tickets directly through the box office, thru Ticketmaster, etc.? I am already doing Skate America but am realizing Skate Canada is so closeby! I almost hate to NOT go. Plus there are many good skaters scheduled for Sk. Canada.

I purchased my Skate Canada tickets through ticketmaster.ca, they're only selling the all event tickets so far. I haven't heard when single session tickets go on sale.

Last edited:

giulia95

Medalist
I was so sorry the FS didn't go well, but I will NEVER forget his SP. I felt like I was in a dream watching. I hope he will be able to approach the next season with a renewed mental toughness and better physical condition after having had some rest.

it's Yuzu' s SP what keeps the flame burning and hurting the most. It showed he himself was extraordinary able to mentally and physically handle his injury , even if we all know the price he consciously payed. SP definitely demonstrates he wasn't defeated by his injury.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States

Arriba, for SC I went through Ticketmaster in early May; it was a breeze. Ticket delivery has been delayed for all tickets, but there's an 800# for checking up that I've called (a bunch of times:)). Skate America from the Sears Center 6/03 online took me over 40 minutes due to a somewhat toxic mix of computer program incompatibilities and my anxious ignorance (still happy with my seat--& very happy to be going at all!). I hope you decide to go to SC!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.