Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo de Souza

On the Ice
The pre-sale lottery for NHK in Nagoya should be announced soon. Big Hat is small, but so was Namihaya Dome last year. Last year it was in late August of early September that the tickets went on sale... I think. I was able to get tickets all three days, and I am hoping to do the same this year. I hope to see you there!

BTW, I think your English is amazing. I am jealous, as my nihongo skills are poor. I totally respect that you can write just a good review in a 2nd language. Respect! :cheer2:

Hamaguri

I hope you have luck and with entries ..
their reports are incredible and the English was perfect .. I envy has spoken several languages my ability is zero in this regard ..: :clap:

Last edited:

firal

Record Breaker
Are we making predictions regarding the SP? I'm thinking since SEIMEI is a more of a "outside of the box" program, he'll have a more conventional program for the SP. Something lyrical and classical perhaps. (I apologize for my limited understanding of anything musical) I thought a piece with violin would work well.

On a side note, Javi in the TSL interview mentioned that he'll be doing something Spanish for his SP next season. :)

Jo de Souza

On the Ice
Thanks to hamaguri and KansaiPJ for your detailed reports and Newbie for sharing the wonderful drawings again :cheer:
Sounds like Kanazawa/Kobe shows are totally different to Makuhari/Shizuoka. I feel like hopping on a shinkansen towards Kansai this weekend. Thank goodness the tickets are sold out or I'd be getting very fidgety until the shows are over.

Thanks to everyone for their forum accounts .. Photo links videos and news .
This intregração between Yuzuru fans is wonderful , makes the love for skating and Yuzuru only grow .
I feel nearest to Yuzuru and Japan because of people like you .. thank you!:cheer:

Jo de Souza

On the Ice
Hi Meoima. Good question. It is interesting. It is just anecdotal, but in my experience in Japan, the amount of men is dependent on a couple of factors things: competition vs show, and Hanyu-attended vs non-Hanyu attended events.

Competitive ISU events seem to have more men than off-season shows. I would guess men made up 25~35% of the crowds during ISU competitions that I've seen in Japan (I've only seen 4 though, so I am not confident with my observations). Of those men, many seem to be accompanied by wives and be in their 50's and beyond.

In off-season exhibitions and shows, there are less men, but how many seems to depend on which skaters are in the show. For non-Hanyu events, there are fewer men. I would guess 5~15% men at these events; whereas for events where Hanyu is participating, the number of males seems to go up a bit... maybe to 10-25% men. The average age of men at off-season shows seems to be younger than at ISU competitions. There are many that come with family or girlfriends, but of course, there are also young men who attend with other young men or groups of men and women.

I have also noticed, that within skating events, different actions seem more or less gendered. Throwing gifts to the skaters seems to be 90~95% women, young and old. Shaking hands with skaters at special events and at Prince Ice World shows appeared to me to me 100% women - though several men were seen nearby taking pictures. I have been to several hotel lobbies where skaters have come in, returning from shows, and these seems to be about 70~85% women, but there are indeed men present.

Sometimes, as a gaijin male, I feel conspicuous at these events. Yet, that may only be in my head. No one seems to think I am out of place, or if they do, they are too polite to show it.

This is all just IMHO. :slink:

hese interesting observations ..pergunta very interesting ..as live far from Japan have always curious how are these shows and competitions .

'Cause as I am of Brazil have never seen and I think I'll never see any of that event .

you are gaijin .It has reason to feel a peixze out of the water

Last edited:

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
Hamaguri

I hope you have luck and with entries ..
their reports are incredible and the English was perfect .. I envy has spoken several lingiuas my ability is zero in this regard ..: :clap:

Great to see you trying to write in english :cheer:

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
This surely is an interesting genre he could try, I love his sing sing sing program, so I think he can try jazz again !! But I have a feeling that he might do another unexpected program like Latin?? Idk

A jazz or at least "jazzy" type of program would play well in Boston for sure. I would be surprised if he did a classical program since his SP last season was classical, but it would be a safe choice. If he does choose Latin, please, please NO CARMEN!!! Wouldn't that be interesting if he did a Latin SP to go along with his Japanese LP? :popcorn:

Stephane Lambiel did Flamenco (Poeta) in 2007 and I always loved this program and the beautiful music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE1_0xd9A4k

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
A jazz or at least "jazzy" type of program would play well in Boston for sure. I would be surprised if he did a classical program since his SP last season was classical, but it would be a safe choice. If he does choose Latin, please, please NO CARMEN!!! Wouldn't that be interesting if he did a Latin SP to go along with his Japanese LP? :popcorn:

Stephane Lambiel did Flamenco (Poeta) in 2007 and I always loved this program and the beautiful music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE1_0xd9A4k

Interesting to say the least specially since Javier recently revealed he will be doing a Spanish themed SP himself, with input from Antonio Najarro who choreographed Ruslena's flamenco SD last year and is a flamenco dancer. Great minds.... ;)

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Interesting to say the least specially since Javier recently revealed he will be doing a Spanish themed SP himself, with input from Antonio Najarro who choreographed Ruslena's flamenco SD last year and is a flamenco dancer. Great minds.... ;)
Yep and top skater avoid each other style, especially when they're in the same club. So I guess no Latin theme for Yuzuru SP.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yep and top skater avoid each other style, especially when they're in the same club. So I guess no Latin theme for Yuzuru SP.

Given all the Japanese POTO from last season, I guess same nation doesn't count. :laugh:

oriquey

Final Flight

That is a good hypothesis. Maybe we'll see something modern and contemporary from Yuzuru for the SP? I'm just hoping it isn't a Gatsby or Queen programme.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
From Sophie Moroi, facebook group:

Yuzuru apparently visited the Yuzuruha Shrine in Kobe today, too (in addition to the Seimei Shrine in Kyoto).
The two wishes Yuzuru has written on the "ema" are as follows:

(The left one) "May I be able to perform without any injuries, without forgetting the wish to grow continuously, and just the way I am.
https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...92&oe=55E7624F

(The right one) "All your thoughts for me always push my back [i.e.support me]. Deepest thanks from my heart. May everyone of you be able to feel your own happiness."
https://scontent-hkg3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...27&oe=5624F015

Yuzuru Hanyu
2nd July 2015
(the photo credit to @yuppi_tB on twitter)

So he wrote 2 wishes, 1 for himself and 1 for all the supporters.

Good news!:yay:

His yesterday’s visit to yuzuruha shrine will be broadcasted on TV this October. We can see him at Yuzuruha shrine.

Japanese shrines usually sell varies kinds of charms for good-luck or protection unique to each shrine (like this, https://www.google.co.jp/search?q=お...=GGKWVbylEcLemAW90q2ICQ&ved=0CCIQsAQ&dpr=0.95 ).
Of course, Yuzuruha shrine does.

Yesterday, Yuzu looked into charms at the shop, but he bought none of them.
The reason was, “I’ve already got all kinds of charms.”:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.