Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Here is my translation of Oda's blog post.
http://ameblo.jp/oda-nobunari/entry-12046237480.html
The story of the Vader Mask.
Oda and friends a story in pictures.

1. Got this Vader Mask from a Fan. Thank you so much!
2. Authenticity, Check!
3. 'Right this way, watch your step' The Polite Vader
4-5. Vader wields the Force!
6. Tired from expending too much force; a little massage.
7. The mask is off, what to do!?
8. The mask is stolen! A new Darth Vader...!!

A pleasant day in the life of Darth Vader.
:laugh2:

PatricksGaze

On the Ice

2. Authenticity, Check!

Yuzuru spoiled the whole 'pleasant Darth Vader day', it seems :laugh:

ahkeekee

Medalist

2. Authenticity, Check!

thanks for the translation!!!

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
Thankyou for these!
This is why I love this thread.There are many precious stuffs about Yuzuru that I can't find anywhere else. Besides, what made me go "Aw...." here is the fact that Yuzuru JUST went and walked in public...JUST LIKE THAT! I mean..hasn't anybody told him, "Ahm...excuse me? YUZU-KUN, right? Ahm..maybe you forgot how popular you are so..please hide and save yourself. Your fans could kill you with hugs, you know?" :biggrin:

But then again, I think he knows more than anybody else (considering how young he was when he started being followed around by cameras) WHO he is in Japan. And visiting shrines and being caught in this innocent act is not CARELESSNESS but pure HUMILITY.
I can't help comparing him to some celebrities who goes " I can't shop without my bodyguards" or "OMG, like I need a disguise so my fans won't attack me".Yuzuru's body language here says, "I"M YUZURU HANYU, 2014 olympic gold medalist,university student...ORDINARY.
Indeed...the most brilliant ordinary man in the world:eek::

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
well, I admire those people in the shrine. I understand it must take a lot of courage and self control to be able to stop themselves from swarming on him. Lucky I wasn't there or I could have screamed like mad at the sight of this young man. hehe

Well I understand that is highly unpolite for japanese people to do so such thing, and even if his highly popular, not all people would recognize him.

Pika

Final Flight
well, I admire those people in the shrine. I understand it must take a lot of courage and self control to be able to stop themselves from swarming on him. Lucky I wasn't there or I could have screamed like mad at the sight of this young man. hehe

Hahaha I feel like someone understands me.
But as sloveniangirl said, out if the context of a rink, a competition.. Dont know if I would be able to recognize him fast enough...

Jo de Souza

On the Ice

2. Authenticity, Check!

thanks for the translation

Jo de Souza

On the Ice

I found it odd that there was no one taking pictures or asking for autographs ..after remembered that is Japan they are discreet ..
there also thought about the possibility of being a recording with security guards around ..
excuse me by the English .. I am using the translator

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I found it odd that there was no one taking pictures or asking for autographs ..after remembered that is Japan they are discreet ..
there also thought about the possibility of being a recording with security guards around ..
excuse me by the English .. I am using the translator

My friends traveled with a guide last year to Japan, they somehow manage to get in to the Ghibli Museum and looks like this is really difficult to do. When they were comming out with gift bag branded with the logo a young japanese woman stopped my friend to ask how did they got the tickets, in that moment the guide scolded the young woman because it was considered rude to interrup another person and most if it is a staranger or something like that.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
1651-1660
From fans
My dear, if you ask, fans shall deliver! I present to you, this masterpiece! cr.
As many of you may know July 1st is the start of the new season. I found this touching illustration on twitter showing a look-back at last season...it must be old age since I am getting quite teary-eyed looking at this!

Ice shows
This is the report of the second show of Kanazawa FaOI on June 27, Sunday

First of all, thank you for reading the previous report or supporting me. I can continue to write thanks to you.

(PART II)

Part II is about SEIMEI

(Costume)
My friend said a minor change was made in his costume.
The sleeves got larger in width, more like a Japanese traditional costume.

(Jumps)
4S (punk, 2S?) 4T(fall), 3F (o), 4T (fall), 3A-3T (o)
He didn’t do well with his jumps that day. It was partly because of the ice. After finished, he skated towards the certain area and stroked the ice with his blades and hands.

(Performance)
In the show, what made me most surprised was his speed. Obviously he got more speed than in Makuhari. He was skating from one corner to another with an incredible speed.

Further, his overall movements were sharper and more controlled and deliberate than in DOI.
Coreo sequence got stronger and dramatic!

The elements seemed to increase. But, the choreography itself impressed that it was on it’s way and far from the complete even though I knew some parts had not yet included. The overall impression will be much different in competitions.

And ina bauer…. Someone had talked about ina bauer in SEIMEI. In terms of interpretation, it was well mixed in music and effective. Of course, it presented a kind of climax, but the feeling wasn’t as dramatic as in RJ2, Phantom or so.

His spin.. In FaOI, there’s a master of spin. Of course it’s Stephan. His spin is truly masterpiece. Compared with Stephan’s, yuzu’s spin nearly reached Stephan’s level. Oh, it might be exaggerated…. Anyway, it was sure when it came to spin, both two stood out clearly.

About music, it didn’t feel like so Japanesque. That’s partly because the other instruments than the Japanese traditional ones were used enough. The point I noticed was Japanese flute around 2:00 in this video . It sounded as if it came from far away. If he can make supernatural-like atmosphere around here, the program will be different.

Throughout the show, he was apparently in different mode than in one at Makuhari I had previously saw him live. In Makuhari, he felt relaxed and amused himself and audience bringing back his old EX, and at “Believe”, he was skating happily and passionately. In Kanazawa, however, he felt a bit serious and was in a kind of competition mode. He might have switched his mode.

Part III is other things about yuzu and show overall, other skaters. Show itself was great and high-quality entertainment more than Makuhari, I suppose. In Kanazawa, music was gorgeous and programs were better. I guess the layout of Kobe show will be almost the same, as Makuhari’ and Shizuoka’ were so. We can expect the broadcast of KOBE!
I actually think that the most beautiful and tender Ina Bauer he did was for "Believe" performance. It was simply wowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a0uVaBzmkRc#t=130 It was also passionate but it was a different kind of passion from all of his other programs.
As promised, here is my video review from FaOI金沢. Be warned though, it is quite rough and I did not have enough time to properly edit it. Still though, I wanted to share it with the members of this group as I focussed primarily on Yuzuru's two skates in the show. I will do one more for Kobe and that will complete the four city set. For me Fantasy on Ice really is the best show in Japan year after year, and I enjoyed it immensely. Hope that comes through in the video. Let me know what you think.

Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jSpJE1jBy0

News
hamaguri, thanks a lot for your reports and special thanks for Nam report as well!! i am glad you had fun , i cant wait to see,
HERE is interview with Kenji for Vogue, he talks about working with Yuzuru and aura surrounds him thats been mentioned before, thanks to yuzuland
I know nothing about earphones/music players, but apparent Hanyu-san wrote a review of AKT5p (scroll down near the bottom of the page)
From Sophie Moroi, facebook group:

So he wrote 2 wishes, 1 for himself and 1 for all the supporters.

Old stuff
When Hanyu-san was just a newly-crowned gold medalist...he got some advice from his fellow Senpais too... I really love seeing this. He must have remembered what it was like and so now he is doing his best to lead/guide those coming up the ranks too.
Yuzuru's spin in ice show is very very good too as he has to spend less energy in jumps and he didn't have to worry about change of edge, get enough level...etc in those time his spin is really good.
But it doesn't mean in competition he doesn't have great spin.
For example his speed at WC 2012 SP was amazing: https://youtu.be/rjmKI_2fFpA?t=2m55s
His spin in the LP was amazing too: https://youtu.be/Q0RBtPX2bLI?t=1m47s

Or at Sochi: https://youtu.be/Bk6qrBrqAqo?t=1m50s
That speed is insane. Or the final spin at Japan National FS 2014 before his surgery. His spin in the SP at WC Shanghai was top notch too.
Or here, look at his spin at WTT, that speed is so https://youtu.be/OVlaDyTObkI?t=1m38s
Or look at his spin in ice show, very well centered: https://youtu.be/1WN4UNO-6Ow?t=1m28s
During a TV interview following the 2012 Nice WC, Yuzuru was asked what kind of skater he wanted to be at the Sochi Olympics – a skater that was good at jumping or a skater that was good at spinning, and he replied that he wanted to be a skater that was good at everything.

At 6:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gtMZf_fx8&feature=youtu.be

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
My friends traveled with a guide last year to Japan, they somehow manage to get in to the Ghibli Museum and looks like this is really difficult to do. When they were comming out with gift bag branded with the logo a young japanese woman stopped my friend to ask how did they got the tickets, in that moment the guide scolded the young woman because it was considered rude to interrup another person and most if it is a staranger or something like that.
didn't she ask first if she could ask your friend a question? I don't think it's impolite in that case.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Yep and top skater avoid each other style, especially when they're in the same club. So I guess no Latin theme for Yuzuru SP.

I think you are right. Yuzuru will avoid anything too close to Javi or Nam. I am excited as it could be anything! Personally, I hope for a rock-themed SP, but anything he loves and suits him will be fine by me. :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.