Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season | Page 767 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetwater

On the Ice
That's Yuzu. He's been ice hungry for months and now he has got his favorite occupation back. First thing Yuzu does when he's back (fully back) on ice? Jump! I am not surprised.:)

BTW- are these pics recent or after Worlds/ earlier this year? https://www.instagram.com/p/BHRHy6cA4Ar
Recent pics I guess, from P&G Yuzu days.

These might be old pics. It's the same shirt he wore in an old issue of Yuzu days published last November. The room looks the same, and his hair style looks similar. I suspect all the photos used in Yuzu days were taken on the same day… like in last summer when he was in Kobe for P&G show.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Perhaps you're right. But if there's a new interview- I don't mind reading it, new pics or old.
These might be old pics. It's the same shirt he wore in an old issue of Yuzu days published last November. The room looks the same, and his hair style looks similar. I suspect all the photos used in Yuzu days were taken on the same day… like in last summer when he was in Kobe for P&G show.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
I have realized only now that ten days ago the the same group of persons that added English subs to the Eurosport transmissions with Italian commentary did it again also for the Yuzuru's FP at the last GPF.
Because they did a great job (thanks a lot) and because the commentaries of Max Ambesi and Angelo Dolfini are so enthusiastic about Yuzu skills (and rich of interesting insights), I post the link also here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ7CCGnkojk

Enjoy, if you want, while waiting the return of Yuzu (what we can call him now, more than King ? ... Emperor? or like Max an alien, or Tat a sciaman ... :D? It is not easy at all to find the right appellation for him).

Thank you @alia for all the beautiful fanarts you report here :).

thanks!
the video is geoblocked for sony here...:hopelessness:

i can imagine their excitement and you had troubled with the translation of words! i see him an alien:biggrin:

fireovertheice

On the Ice
@hamaguri, I am sorry that the video is geoblocked for someone. I checked on dailymotion but I didn’t find the video with these subs. But I don’t know very well that platform.
I write down here some of their comments, because for me it is useful to watch again and remember what Yuzuru accomplished in this season, independently of the scores. And I was so sorry that after Worlds also some of his fans seemed have already forgotten all that.

Between quotation marks you find the literal translation from the video (translation is made not by me but by Carolina, Ilaria and other english speaker fan. thanks a lot to them).

The comments at the beginning of the program are few, just naming the jump, as usual for these commentators.
The excitement began to grow from the moment of the combo, quad+triple toeloop, that they defined as “pazzesco!” translated as “insane!”
They repeated the same after the last triple lutz, stressing the fact that Yuzuru is performing for the fourth time in a row (within two weeks) a clean et almost flawless performance.

The best come at the end of the program, when they feel rightly more free to speak without disturbing who was watching the performance (from 5:45 mins).
“MA: (his usual phrase for yuzu) Welcome on planet Hanyu! Population one: HIM.
AD: we saw him here in a close-up. T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C! 120! (laughing in joy). It’s impressive, Massimilano. It is really disarming in a competition where we saw such high level technical content, Yuzuru goes out in the rink and gift us another record.”

And again at 6:30
“MA: now the dilemma is the following: in front such a program, you judge who are sitting rink side, how can you not give 10 to choreography, interpretation, skating skills – because the variety of the steps and the flow that you can see here it’s a rare thing – performance is 10 by right…And the last 10 …since the last component always follows the other four, just give 10 for everything and stop.
…No because this is 10. It is 10. Game over: 100!
AD: it is crazy, CRAZY. And here how much we can go higher over 300? 330? Can we go to 330?
MA: in my opinion, we are at 330 in total. This is a program that can’t get less than 220, c’mon. Because it must 100 on pcs.
AD: (laughing in joy) Astounding! I don’t think it will get 100, but we won’t be that far
MA: how many North American judges are there? From USA? Let’s check. Because from there we can know if he will get 100. They are those who criticize Hanyu. They, who have Jason Brown (the ton of these sentence in Italian is quite ironic, obviously).
AD: Just one
MA: Eh, that one could give some problems.
AD: But you know the lowest score gets dropped, so…
MA: the lowest score gets dropped, that’s true.
AD: Crazy. Impressive. This athlete is astounding. And he didn’t let other amazing performances affect him

At 8:07
“AD: (….) but still it is tremendous. Unbelievable (…) this athlete is hammering program after program, with the highest difficulty and with an impressive consistency. Actually, I don’t have the right words to explain this.
MA: but everybody is following his example. And today competition is something that we have never seen before.”

At 9:10
“MA: Now let’s wait. But really to give that 100 would be a message (the score came out). Well. 98,56, we can be satisfied with that. 330,43. No else in the world has broken 300. How much higher he will get? 350?
AD: he can’t get to that because pcs are capped
MA: amazing
AD: hands on his face…but this athlete is impressive. The greatest we have ever seen on an ice rink
MA: there are no more comparison. And we are not even interested in those of another era anymore. There have been great champions in the past, in different times. Yagudin was exceptional, Plushenko was exceptional, but here we are in front of an union of art and technique that has no precedent in skating history.
AD: he is the greatest talent we have ever seen. A naturalness in the way he executes difficult elements that has no precedents

Then Max conclude giving his advice to Italian young male skaters about the importance to learn first to jump well and with quality, and then work on the pcs, like Boyang now (but he let intend following me also like Yuzuru in the past). Boyang also without high pcs this year arrived 5th in the GPF (and now we can say 3rd at Worlds). The contrary example for him is Jason Brown, that has to learn quadruples to compete with the others top skaters in the world.

They both finish speaking about this beautiful and epic competition, with exceptional performances, making references also to the ladies (Medveva) and the juniors (Tsurksaya among ladies; males little bit worse but all with difficult and ambitious programs) competitions where the technique bar was raised the same, this year.

At the very end
MA: in the last two weeks Yuzuru Hanyu gave himself the luxury and gave us the honour to watch four perfect programs
AD: Crazy! And what kind of programs.
MA: And we already knows that he is going to say: “No, but I can do better, because I didn’t like I did the steps sequence, I can improve on the spins…” He is like that!
AD: Indeed

Last edited:

Lys

Match Penalty
I didn't know: thank you. If you are one of the translators too, good job!

Yes I am and thank you :)

DailyMotion blocked GPF FP as well, so we tried and found another platform where to upload them: so far it seems that on vimeo they can be viewed by all :)

mcq

Record Breaker
Idk why but I thought he wouldn't compete at skate canada again.

Well, it is close and less travel time. And I personally thought he himself probably want to go there and beat Chan :laugh:
We thought he won't go there again becaue he's been there twice the past two years but well what do you know about assignments :biggrin:

Plumededragon

Medalist
I was hoping it would be different this year, but hey. At least, I know I won't need to go to TEB, lol! I'll settle for GPF. :yes:

mcq

Record Breaker
Skate Canada is going to be exciting :yes: hopefully Yuzu will be in good shape by that time!

Yes! So many world champions and also 2 Olympic Champions! Also JSF manage to make Shoma and Yuzuru not fight each other so early, hahaha, good job.
P.S : NHK list was actually not so bad.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Yes! So many world champions and also 2 Olympic Champions! Also JSF manage to make Shoma and Yuzuru not fight each other so early, hahaha, good job.
P.S : NHK list was actually not so bad.

Yuzu will also get a chance to measure himself early in the season against Daniel in SC and Nathan in NHK :yes: I still think they have a way to go on PCS but you can never count the quad-crazy kids out :biggrin:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I have to say that I understand his choices but I am a bit sad. I was hoping to catch him in one of European Grand Prix events, preferably in Russia. Well...

I think it will be really interesting to see him competing againts Patrick again in Canada. This is a good rivalry.:yes:

And I find it really cool that Nathan Chen got two assignments and one of them is NHK. ;)

Plumededragon

Medalist
I have to say that I understand his choices but I am a bit sad. I was hoping to catch him in one of European Grand Prix events, preferably in Russia. Well...

I think it will be really interesting to see him competing againts Patrick again in Canada. This is a good rivalry.:yes:

And I find it really cool that Nathan Chen got two assignments and one of them is NHK. ;)
Sota Yamamoto also got two, and one of them IS NHK... the kid gets to compete against his idol there, it's gonna be great. :biggrin:

mcq

Record Breaker
Yuzu will also get a chance to measure himself early in the season against Daniel in SC and Nathan in NHK :yes: I still think they have a way to go on PCS but you can never count the quad-crazy kids out :biggrin:

I agree! This assignment is actually ok! I meant yes he is going up against Chan again, but he should be able to qualify for GPF even with mistakes (as long as it is not a disaster *spits between my fingers*). Personally I am a bit ehhhh at Yuzuru getting assignment at SC (again) but the roster is not so bad and he won't tire himself from travel so I am happy with it. He is going to go against Sota too, not just Nathan and Samohin. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.