Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

SuzyQ

Medalist
:laugh:

Can you tell me how they introduce Yuzu (beside Olympic gold medalist)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWPgI2bOu7Y&list=TLIINiw51zXSQZsnbYrRcmrlrUoxq9N2IE

Announcer: Oda-san, he has chosen a classic piano music for SP of his new season as OGM ?

Oda: Classic piano music is difficult to express. I think this may be his new challenge.

A: And in this SP, the quad jump has been moved to the latter half where the basic value is higher.

(Yuzuru fell quad)

O: Oh, it was close.

A: Well, this new SP of Hanyu sensyu, his new challenge to move the quad to the latter half. Oda-san, what do you think about the meaning of his decision?

O: Not just points, this program is of very tough configuration physically. He maybe wants to show champion's dignity by succeeding that quad jump, as no other skater is doing this, I felt so.

A: Hmm, Champion's dignity. Suzuki-san, the feel or mood of Hanyu sensyu is totally changed from before?

Suzuki: Yes, especially it's totally changed from the SP of last year. If he could succeed this quad in the latter half, I'm expecting mens figure skating would be more exciting.

A: How perfectly our OGM will bring this new program to completion, another season of his progress now begins.

Sorry for rush translation ;)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWPgI2bOu7Y&list=TLIINiw51zXSQZsnbYrRcmrlrUoxq9N2IE

Announcer: Oda-san, he has chosen a classic piano music for SP of his new season as OGM ?

Oda: Classic piano music is difficult to express. I think this may be his new challenge.

A: And in this SP, the quad jump has been moved to the latter half where the basic value is higher.

(Yuzuru fell quad)

O: Oh, it was close.

A: Well, this new SP of Hanyu sensyu, his new challenge to move the quad to the latter half. Oda-san, what do you think about the meaning of his decision?

O: Not just points, this program is of very tough configuration phisically. He maybe wants to show champion's dignity by succeeding that quad jump, as no other skater is doing this, I felt so.

A: Hmm, Champion's dignity. Suzuki-san, the feel or mood of Hanyu sensyu is totally changed from before?

Suzuki: Yes, especially it's totally changed from the SP of last year. If he could succeed this quad in the latter half, I'm expecting mens figure skating would be more exciting.

A: How perfectly our OGM will bring this new program to completion, another season of his progress now begins.

Sorry for rush translation ;)

No, thank you very much. You are very kind, if you ever need something translating from spanish, I´m your girl.

I was hoping for a funny introduction too. Something like "Winnie the Pooh biggest fan" "The collector of 50 pair of earphones" "The earphones obssesed skater" or the number of Pooh-sans that he has.

Sorrento

Record Breaker

lbc2138

On the Ice
No surprise NHK but disappointing for North American and Euro fans that both events are in Asia. :disapp:

I was definitely expecting NHK but Cup of China was a bit unexpected. Tell me about being disappointed North American fan :(

Anyone here planning on attending a GP event? I may try for Barcelona for the GPF or Worlds in Shanghai.

Hanmgse

Record Breaker
I was definitely expecting NHK but Cup of China was a bit unexpected. Tell me about being disappointed North American fan :(

Anyone here planning on attending a GP event? I may try for Barcelona for the GPF or Worlds in Shanghai.

Some of us thought he'd get Skate Canada

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He might want to win them all like Mao did. :popcorn:

A worthy goal indeed. However, he has yet to win Skate America or Skate Canada either. He was second at Skate America in 2012 and at Skate Canada last season.

But hey might as well get China out of the way, I suppose. ;)

BusyMom

Medalist
A worthy goal indeed. However, he has yet to win Skate America or Skate Canada either. He was second at Skate America in 2012 and at Skate Canada last season.

But hey might as well get China out of the way, I suppose. ;)
It's a good start indeed. More convenient for his Japanese fans to go too.

SuzyQ

Medalist
FWIW, they would go to the US or Canada to see him too, me thinks. :)

:agree:

As it is very difficult to get the ticket in Japan, I think lots of Japanese fans go to see the competition abroad.

As far as I saw in the past, the competition in China did not have a big audience, especially for Mens SP.

But this year, it will be totally different, I suppose :biggrin:

foruiz

Final Flight

I plan on going to COC in November. I hope the platform of obtaining tickets online for Shanghai goes smoothly since I do not understand any Mandarin and I do not know anyone from China. I want visit Osaka again but I think I will travel to there early Spring next year and one more concern is that the ticket prices in NHK will probably be much higher given the supply vs demand in Japan. Who else is going to COC?

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
Some of us thought he'd get Skate Canada

I sure did and would have found a way to go even though that time of year is very inconvenient for me to take vacation days. Oh well, there's always next year. :)