2017-18 State of U.S. Ladies Skating | Page 209 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of U.S. Ladies Skating

frida80

Record Breaker
Wasn't a score in the 120s a pretty big deal in those (far away bygone;)) days? The scores have gone up considerably in the last years.

Yes is was. A score in the 120s would get you a win. Not to mention you didn’t need a triple triple. Ashley got silver in the GPF in 2012 with a 3F+2T combo. You can see why people were so crazy about Gracie. Her TES scoring potential would’ve been insane in that field.

The JGP has changed dramatically as well. Polina won one event with a 165 in 2013. Now with the field we have, you be lucky to be fourth with that score. Heck even Karen’s 179 in 2013 May not even get you a bronze now!

This morning six girls went completely clean in the JGPF SP. with the hardest tech you can have without a 3A or quad. Two of them broke the WR. This next quad is going to be insane.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Sorry to derail your conversation, but in after the short program at Golden Spin Starr Andrews is in 4th, while Hanna Miller and Emmy Ma are in 8th and 9th respectively.

Protocols: http://sharp-jackson-2e11d8.bitballoon.com/Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

Starr did very well. What really hurt her was the level 2 steps. She could still podium, the current top 3 are pretty inconsistent.(But then again, so is Starr:) ) Rooting for her!

Emmy and Hannah, oh my. Both had serious UR issues in this short. Emmy didn't seem to have UR issues during the jgp. I thin she got two in her long at Riga and two at her other jgp in the long. None in the short at either. I wonder what happened today. Hannah has always had these issues, but she too seemed to have resolved them at earlier competitions. Such a shame, they are both brilliant skaters.

frida80

Record Breaker

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I always assumed that Ashley and Gracie were givens. The debate was between Polina and Moral. And for both of them, I could see 6 for and a half dozen against. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during the selection committee meeting.

The one time autocorrect spoke the truth. :laugh2:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
60.80. Her GOE was lower today. That’s normal for the first senior competition.

Elizaveta 68.47
Stanislava 67.47
Alisa 67.06

Thanks!🙂
Starr has a lot to work on but that’s not a bad score for now. Rooting for her.
I know she’s supposed to be talked about in the Russian thread, but: I’m hoping that Alisa continues an upward trajectory. I want a girl from Russia to be successful AFTER puberty, and not have people saying, oh, she got fat and isn’t good anymore.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
60.80. Her GOE was lower today. That’s normal for the first senior competition.

Elizaveta 68.47
Stanislava 67.47
Alisa 67.06

What I find strange is one judge gave Starr a plus 2 on her 3lo and one gave her a -1 and the others were in between. How could one judge see the loop as super great jump and another judge see it as a below average jump? (and others as average-good). Strange how there can be such a gap.

frida80

Record Breaker
What I find strange is one judge gave Starr a plus 2 on her 3lo and one gave her a -1 and the others were in between. How could one judge see the loop as super great jump and another judge see it as a below average jump? (and others as average-good). Strange how there can be such a gap.

Don't think about it too much. Judges often diverge on opinions about the solo jump.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Forgive my ignorance but, when did Starr become a Senior? She just did very well at Golden Spin where she competed against Tuk.......For some reason, I didn't think she eligible to compete for an Olympic Spot....Am I wrong??

frida80

Record Breaker
Forgive my ignorance but, when did Starr become a Senior? She just did very well at Golden Spin where she competed against Tuk.......For some reason, I didn't think she eligible to compete for an Olympic Spot....Am I wrong??

Starr is 16. She competed as a junior on the JGP but she's eligible for senior competitions too. They did the same with Amber in 2015. It's just a way for them to earn more points and get more experience. She's already got her TES minimums, so she's already eligible for a Olympic spot. How time flies.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Starr is 16. She competed as a junior on the JGP but she's eligible for senior competitions too. They did the same with Amber in 2015. It's just a way for them to earn more points and get more experience. She's already got her TES minimums, so she's already eligible for a Olympic spot. How time flies.

Seriously.....I feel so freakin' old right now!!! Could she knock a senior off the Olympic Team??? I'll wait for the LP score but, with the exception of Bradie, none of the US ladies have dazzled my this fall...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I hope she gets her flip and lutz back in time for nationals so that she can kick butt!
Bradie, Starr, and Mirai for the Olympics! :love:

frida80

Record Breaker
Seriously.....I feel so freakin' old right now!!! Could she knock a senior off the Olympic Team??? I'll wait for the LP score but, with the exception of Bradie, none of the US ladies have dazzled my this fall...

Not at the moment. She didn't have her flip or lutz at sectionals because of injury. Without them she can only score so high. But the experience is good. Last year Stanislavsky went to a fall CS. It helped her performance the next year at Junior Nationals. Plus she gets WR points. If she gets placed on the JW team, she be in a later group raising her SP score.

The first senior competitions, newbies like Starr get low balled with their score at first. As they gain consistency, those score get higher.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Not at the moment. She didn't have her flip or lutz at sectionals because of injury. Without them she can only score so high. But the experience is good. Last year Stanislavsky went to a fall CS. It helped her performance the next year at Junior Nationals. Plus she gets WR points. If she gets placed on the JW team, she be in a later group raising her SP score.

The first senior competitions, newbies like Starr get low balled with their score at first. As they gain consistency, those score get higher.

Starr isn't even 18 yet, is she????

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Please see my previous post. I wrote that instancrs like this other than mirai were injury related.

This is the post that I responded to; you did not write anything about injury:

"How many times has usfsa not picked the winners at nationals?
Also, if everything is based on rep, mirai had more than polina at that time. They couldve chosen nagasu, gold, and wagner. Coorect me if im wrong, but edmunds did not have much of a senior track record at that time.
Quick google search said michelle kwan was also passed over for olympics after winning silver at nationals...(im double checking this someone correct if wrong!)
Maybe usfsa should just come out and say they will send who they want."

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
This is the post that I responded to; you did not write anything about injury:

"How many times has usfsa not picked the winners at nationals?
Also, if everything is based on rep, mirai had more than polina at that time. They couldve chosen nagasu, gold, and wagner. Coorect me if im wrong, but edmunds did not have much of a senior track record at that time.
Quick google search said michelle kwan was also passed over for olympics after winning silver at nationals...(im double checking this someone correct if wrong!)
Maybe usfsa should just come out and say they will send who they want."

And that's just it. They're going to send who they want.