Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Thread: 2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    I believe Han Yan has the highest current-season SB of those athletes without a second event. It would have been great to see him as well.

I would have liked to see Brendan at Skate America. I really love his short program, and he can do so much better than at SC. It's clear, IMO, that he can really compete with the other athletes on the GP on his own terms now.

But he has been invited twice, very likely over other athletes that were ranked higher at the time. He had chances as an unknown athlete, and it is nice that Roman will have one as well.

Brendan did have the chance to make an impact for the team at SC. Sigh. It just wasn't to be.

The team event aspect makes this particular scenario especially tough; and to be honest, I think that pressure may have been part of what led to the rough outing at SC.

Ultimately, however, I think Brendan, Kailani, and Alexandrovskaya & Windsor will all form the strongest Australian team ever to compete at the Olympics--even if it is not in the team event. They should be proud of that fact.

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Brendan competed twice at SA and finished 8th and 10th. Why sell Roman so short?
    not really selling Roman short... selling Brendan tall

1 Not allowed!
    I had hopes for Australia in the team event that are now dashed. I don’t see anything amiss with being disappointed by that. But, with Brendan’s surprise coaching change, maybe more training time is a good thing for him.

Hitting the "you're too sexy" button

5 Not allowed!
    *stumbles to a halt, tripping over own feet*

Okay, so here's something I didn't know when I had my rant. Brendan switched coaches to Morozov (erk) and is now based, for the moment, in Russia. Whoops.

(Although, Brooklee as Official Team Australia Reporter gives me great joy.)

2 Not allowed!
    too bad he's not here in SPb so I cant stalk him & gush over his hair

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

Okay, so here's something I didn't know when I had my rant. Brendan switched coaches to Morozov (erk) and is now based, for the moment, in Russia. Whoops.

At least he is in the same city as Harley. They can hang out

All'alba vincerò! Vincerò! Vincerò! Arriba627's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Brendan with Morozov?!

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post

Brooklee is not the "Official Team Australia Reporter" - she is interning at IFS as part of her studies to become a journalist.

3 Not allowed!
    sorry for Cha but Han needed this badly so glad he is going !

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skatefigure View Post
    Brooklee is not the "Official Team Australia Reporter" - she is interning at IFS as part of her studies to become a journalist.
    No doubt karne was just kidding around re Official Team Australia Reporter. So no worries.

I can assure you that karne is well aware of Brooklee's ongoing IFS internship. Months ago, karne and I chatted via PM about Brooklee and her internship and how great her IFS articles have been.

Without having seeing karne's post, I silently had had a similar (and light-hearted) reaction when I saw that Brooklee was the one who reported the news of Brendan's coaching change. I said to myself something along the lines of, "Good for Brooklee -- no one better than her to report the big news about her fellow Aussie."

8 Not allowed!
    Woo hanee! Hope Jun Hwan heals up nicely!

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Woo hanee!
    Well, there is a high level invite. And someone who can make the GPF fight a little more interesting. He likely can't make the final, but he could factor at SA.

Rinkside

4 Not allowed!
    I'm wondering why they didn't invite another man to France. Glad to see Misha got his visa or else there would be only 10 men competing...

Medalist

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilwarin View Post
    I'm wondering why they didn't invite another man to France. Glad to see Misha got his visa or else there would be only 10 men competing...
    Money. Remember the plastic medals from GPF last year?

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34