2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Grand Prix Selection

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought you had promised to calm down after Skate Canada invited Craine ;)

I made no such promise. What little shred of hope we still might have had about qualifying for the team event is gone - and Skate America chose a skater 14 positions lower on the list than Brendan to fill the spot. Of course I'm going to be irritated about that.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I made no such promise. What little shred of hope we still might have had about qualifying for the team event is gone - and Skate America chose a skater 14 positions lower on the list than Brendan to fill the spot. Of course I'm going to be irritated about that.

well at least you are not blaming skate canada.. we did our part ... too bad about the team event for Australia. However, it shows improvement that we are even talking about it.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm sorry for Brendan too. He deserves 2 spots. I would have also preferred Nic Nadeau over Roman...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
A lot of familiar junior stars debut in seniors. :rock: I was a bit down when Romain's sudden silver medal blocked Vincent to advance to JGPF last season, but I'm so glad that Romain with great SS and delicate expression skills gets the opportunity to debut his senior in a major international event. Like Nadeau who was invited by his home federation, he deserves the chance considering his contribution to his country in juniors.

Anyway, I'm wondering about what happened to Elladj. I haven't heard any news about him, so guess he could be retired, but oh well, I wish he is not. He has not been assigned to any GP nor participated in any competition so far.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Anyway, I'm wondering about what happened to Elladj. I haven't heard any news about him, so guess he is retired. He has not been assigned to any GP nor participated in any competition.

He'll be at the Warsaw Cup this week. Not retired.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm sorry for Brendan too. He deserves 2 spots. I would have also preferred Nic Nadeau over Roman...

Nic at least got Skate Canada...

Liam and Elladj are going to Warsaw... If Skate America wanted a Canadian, Roman was perhaps the best choice.

Let's face it. Brendan has a much higher chance to play spoiler than Roman ;)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Sorry about the dashed Team Australia hopes. Actually I'm a little irritated too. :ddevil: I would love to have seen Brendan there.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nic at least got Skate Canada...

Liam and Elladj are going to Warsaw... If Skate America wanted a Canadian, Roman was perhaps the best choice.

Let's face it. Brendan has a much higher chance to play spoiler than Roman ;)

Brendan competed twice at SA and finished 8th and 10th. Why sell Roman so short?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

It's the US....
Not much to expect
*Hangs head in shame*
I'm sorry karne, that should have been Brendan's spot.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I believe Han Yan has the highest current-season SB of those athletes without a second event. It would have been great to see him as well.

I would have liked to see Brendan at Skate America. I really love his short program, and he can do so much better than at SC. It's clear, IMO, that he can really compete with the other athletes on the GP on his own terms now.

But he has been invited twice, very likely over other athletes that were ranked higher at the time. He had chances as an unknown athlete, and it is nice that Roman will have one as well.

Brendan did have the chance to make an impact for the team at SC. Sigh. It just wasn't to be.

The team event aspect makes this particular scenario especially tough; and to be honest, I think that pressure may have been part of what led to the rough outing at SC.

Ultimately, however, I think Brendan, Kailani, and Alexandrovskaya & Windsor will all form the strongest Australian team ever to compete at the Olympics--even if it is not in the team event. They should be proud of that fact.

beki

Medalist
I had hopes for Australia in the team event that are now dashed. I don’t see anything amiss with being disappointed by that. But, with Brendan’s surprise coaching change, maybe more training time is a good thing for him.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
too bad he's not here in SPb so I cant stalk him & gush over his hair :laugh: