Anna Duskova & Radek Jakubka | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Anna Duskova & Radek Jakubka

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does anybody know what have happened to Radek? https://www.instagram.com/radek_jakubka/

I just saw the photo you are referring to, and it does look scary. But, if you scroll down the comments, Radek has actually posted a reply explaining what is going on:

radek_jakubka
@maszljankoalex @evan_wrensch i had a proberm with my sholder for some time, but every doctor always told me that it’s nothing big. Now I’m in the hospital after my surgery and I can be glad for that one doc, who sent me on MR, because the shoulder needed some fixing ��

So, not as scary as it looks, thank goodness.

Get well soon Radek!

By the way, Anna was accepted to university (medicine)... ;)

Congratulations, Anna!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I wish you all the best for your studies!

CaroLiza_fan

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anna and Radek doing SBS 2A:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bv1GP8-IT-p/

Picture from graduation ball:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu_oZOhgDci/

As this thread is to be focused on Radek slightly more, here is the basic info of him on Czech figure skating union page:
https://www.czechskating.org/reprezentace/radek-jakubka

This basic info says:

Who introduced me to the world of figure skating?
My cousin, who have seen the sport in TV.

My best moment on the ice?
When as a young boy I was performing on exhibition Heaven's Edge with the best skaters.

My most difficult moment on the ice?
Broken leg. Ithought I will never catch up the time of trainings that I've missed, but at the end it motivated me and during a short period I've added remaining triple jumps to salchow and toeloop incl. lutz.

What success I'm most proud of?
Definitely that we've managed to qualify for WJC (with Edita Horňáková), and as a single for 11th place on JGP in Salzburg and above all 8th place on JGP in OStrava in 2018. Tyrol Cup - first clean thrown triple jump.

What arenas I liked most, which city catched my attention in relation to figure skating?
Bergamo was interresting - beautiful city, Flims - where is the beautiful nature, or Obersdorf, where Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot are training.

Apart from figure skating I have those hobbies and interrests...
I'm drawing, reading books, watching TV series and cooking.

Favourite element on the ice?
I'm not able to choose just one element, but all jumps in singles and twist in pairs.

My paragon in sport and why?
Honesty I don't know. Each skater is unique and the best in his own way, so I would rather say that those are not paragons but characters, from whom I have a lot to learn.

Jana

On the Ice
Anna and Jakub are going to Canada to train with R. Gauthier for 6 weeks. (https://www.czechskating.org/gallery/files/Informace_z_jednani_P_cKS_2019-05-17_5cefd44f133e7.pdf)

Anna passed her Maturita exam (school leaving exam) and was accepted to study medicine (but it looks like she is also preparing for another entrance exams).

Updates from Anna: They are still in Canada with Jakub. She also posted that she is going to study at 1st medicine faculty of Charles University in Prague (1LF UK). (Charles University has 3 faculties of medicine). I do not know if she is going to study general medicine or dentistry. But I guess general medicine.

Rosallie

On the Ice
Updates from Anna: They are still in Canada with Jakub. She also posted that she is going to study at 1st medicine faculty of Charles University in Prague (1LF UK). (Charles University has 3 faculties of medicine). I do not know if she is going to study general medicine or dentistry. But I guess general medicine.

And I guess dentistry :biggrin: We'll see (maybe) ... ;)

Jana

On the Ice
I am quite unsure if they will compete together or not.
The withdrew from Volvo Open due to illness. They are not going to compete in the Czech Championship. Also, I am not sure if there is a possibility to qualify to Europeans/(Junior) Worlds.

Anna seems to be busy with studies and I think she is much more interested in it than in skating.

Radek Jakubka is competing in singles.

paji15

On the Ice
I am quite unsure if they will compete together or not.
The withdrew from Volvo Open due to illness. They are not going to compete in the Czech Championship. Also, I am not sure if there is a possibility to qualify to Europeans/(Junior) Worlds.

Anna seems to be busy with studies and I think she is much more interested in it than in skating.

Radek Jakubka is competing in singles.

Same. It seems unlikely they were dealing with illnesses and injuries whole fall season, but it might be possible. I dont wanna accuse them or anything. But Anička seems to be very focuse and content with her school. If that's what she wants to do, then it's important.

I have no idea if they have any intention to compete (probably so as Annička had an IG stories few days ago from Christmas march with him lifting her and comment about advantages of pair girls), but I am honestly not so sure about their common comitement into skating and each other as partners. If she was recovering from illness or injury and was just unable to compete at the moment and he went there because of that in singles, which is a case, he is there in singles just because they are not there in pairs, I even believe I read somewhere some time ago he retired from singles and will continue only with pairs, I would expect she would go out there with him and support him at least. That's strange.

I was looking forward to see how they will go along though.

Jana

On the Ice
I even believe I read somewhere some time ago he retired from singles and will continue only with pairs, I would expect she would go out there with him and support him at least. That's strange.

I think he still does singles because he is alone on the ice. I am not sure if he built new programs and so on. Anna also did singles but did not build new programs. If he just keeps practising alone which means jumps, spins, steps it makes sense for me to compete at leas at the national level.

I read the reason why Anna and Radek are not there is because of her knee injury but I am not sure media has recent info. I guess Anna did not come because of studies and she also has new cat ;)

icetug

Medalist
I guess Anna did not come because of studies and she also has new cat ;)

I remember my first cat loved to wander with me (even to my office), but the second one refuses going out anywhere so I take Anna's new cat as an excuse ;). Anyway, Radek was the 4th at 4 Nationals so he's still in good shape. But as the Czech men swept the podium, he'll probably stay with the idea of pairs?

Jana

On the Ice
I remember my first cat loved to wander with me (even to my office), but the second one refuses going out anywhere so I take Anna's new cat as an excuse ;). Anyway, Radek was the 4th at 4 Nationals so he's still in good shape. But as the Czech men swept the podium, he'll probably stay with the idea of pairs?

In Czech TV broadcast from Nationals Radek said Anna had back problems so they have not practised together for 1 month. So he trained only solo and went for 2 competitions in solo (to keep the competitive mindset). They are planning 2 competitions with Anna at the beginning of next year.

I was surprised by his skating. Not bad if wants to do pairs. I want to see him with Anna, might work for them - Anna was better jumper than Martin, Martin was making lot of mistakes in jumps. But I do not know how Anna jumps now.

Yesterday, they put some video from an exhibition and photo as well, they were looking happy, so I hope they will keep skating :)

Jana

On the Ice
Anna underwent another knee surgery :(

I am really unsure if she continues skating or not.

Jana

On the Ice
Anna announced that she decided to end her career on Instagram. I expected that.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Jana

On the Ice
Ŕadek Jakubka is listed on list of participants in Czech Test skates (going to be next weekend) in Junior Pairs list with Lucie Datlova.