Alexander Johnson | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alexander Johnson

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Alex is AMAZING!!!! :love::love::yahoo::clap::dance3::cheer:
Was.blown away his skate & by Johnny Weir's comment, "The jumps are great but watch everything else!! His skating is SO pretty, smooth..."!! He agrees with me !!:biggrin:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Alex is AMAZING!!!! :love::love::yahoo::clap::dance3::cheer:
Was.blown away his skate & by Johnny Weir's comment, "The jumps are great but watch everything else!! His skating is SO pretty, smooth..."!! He agrees with me !!:biggrin:

dont forget "his skating is gloriously divine!"
i agree with you too! shame about the 3-2 and his spins werent as good as he can do but he sold that program to bit and i bought it! and i thought he deserved a bit more PCS, this program is wonderful :love:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Wonderful free skate from Alex.. just had to say it... my favorite in the competition!! :agree2:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
dont forget "his skating is gloriously divine!"
i agree with you too! shame about the 3-2 and his spins werent as good as he can do but he sold that program to bit and i bought it! and i thought he deserved a bit more PCS, this program is wonderful :love:

And don't forget Johnny said he would watch him skate even without music!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
GP assignments are out and Alex will compete at NHK!!! (well done NHK for inviting!!) :yahoo::hap57::hap93::dance3:

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Figure Skaters Online has an extensive interview with Alex Johnson, where he talked about his programs and Champs Camp.

AJ: My short program is to “Song of the Stars” by Dead Can Dance. I actually choreographed it myself. Initially I didn’t want to, because I love working with other choreographers, but Page [Lipe, my coach] thought it would be a great challenge for me. It has a modern yet tribal feel to it.

AJ: My free skate is to “The Golden Age”, “Iron”, and “Run Boy Run” by Woodkid*. It was choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne who I absolutely adore. This program means a lot to me. Page actually came across both my short program and free program music this year. Usually it takes me a very long time to find pieces to skate to, but this year it was a very quick process. We had ideas of the genre of music / vibe we wanted to create and the music sort of fell right into our hands.

AJ: I had a great time at Champs Camp. It was inspiring to be around such incredible athletes and was a wonderful jump start to the season. My favorite parts of camp were the off-ice dance classes and the media aspect. I did receive feedback on my programs, and will be making a few changes – but nothing major. I also have to say that camp was a lot more exhausting than I expected. Not only were we training and performing, but we had off-ice classes and various appointments throughout the entire camp.

Good luck to Alex in his first GP assignment! Looking forward to seeing his beautiful skating in NHK.

*Coincidentally, Dinh Tran's FS contains 2 of the 3 songs by Woodkid (Golden Age, Volcano & Run Boy Run)