Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

yude

Record Breaker
You mean he might not be 1.71m forever!? Be still my heart.

Sorry, I meant profile will be updated but he might be 1.71m forever on the data (apparently he looks taller a little bit more :laugh:) I hope it will have new data finally though :)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
so, its offically Olympic season now, i watched Sochi but this will be my 1st olympic season, any advice on how to survive?? :dbana:

I'm going to try something new this year. To lessen anxiety, I'm going to have something ready to buy if Yuzu doesn't win. Consolation shopping. If Yuzu wins, 'Hooray!' and if he doesn't I'm going to get a new bit of art material that I don't have yet...to soften the blow. I hope it works. :rofl: Or rather, I hope I never have to find out if it works. :biggrin:

Last edited:

DiamondDust

Final Flight
A new thread for the new season! Thanks as usual for the updates! A few more months and we can watch Yuzuru in action yet again! :)

jace93

On the Ice
Alexei Mishin's nice worlds about Yuzuru: "So I think we shouldn’t panic [that there are no such strong male skaters in Russia now], but to understand that such unique creation of nature as Hanyu, whose magic combination of chromosomes has led to fantastic constitutional and moving capabilities, supplemented by tremendous capacity for work, are very rare".
The whole (brand new) interview at the "Alexei Mishin team" thread.

One has to wonder how often he'll change his stance on Yuzu...

tzazu

Medalist
I'm going to try something new this year. To lessen anxiety, I'm going to have something ready to buy if Yuzu doesn't win. Consolation shopping. If Yuzu wins, 'Hooray!' and if he doesn't I'm going to get a new bit of art material that I don't have yet...to soften the blow. I hope it works. :rofl: Or rather, I hope I never have to find out if it works. :biggrin:

Good idea, but other option is if he doesn't win, to lessen anxiety, consolation shopping. And if Yuzu wins, to release emotions and adrenaline (at least, in my case adrenaline will go through the roof :drama:), celebration shopping :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Good idea, but other option is if he doesn't win, to lessen anxiety, consolation shopping. And if Yuzu wins, to release emotions and adrenaline (at least, in my case adrenaline will go through the roof :drama:), celebration shopping :biggrin:

When Yuzu won Worlds this year I was so happy I canceled a dinner out I had planned with my friends who were watching with me. It just didn't seem necessary any more we sat around at home and watched re-plays instead. :biggrin:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

sounds grat, its a win-win :laugh::agree:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
So Team Japan is going full force on Italian warhorses. So, which Italian warhorses are left for Yuzu to skate to, so he doesn't stand out too much? :laugh:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
So Team Japan is going full force on Italian warhorses. So, which Italian warhorses are left for Yuzu to skate to, so he doesn't stand out too much? :laugh:

E Lucevan Le Stelle (Tosca) Il Volo version and it will cause my instant death :dbana:

Henni147

Final Flight

He can simply choose Italy's national anthem combined with this modest programme layout:
4Lo
4S
4F

4A+3Lo
4A
3A+4T
4Lz+1Lo+3F
4Lz

This would be remembered as Milano's Escalation of the Century :rofl:

kiches

Final Flight
I think I may have treated myself to something after Yuzu won worlds, so maybe the best way to battle anxiety is to plan to buy/treat yourself to something no matter if he wins or not! Either way, something to look forward to :)

Yuii Murasaki

On the Ice
Just come by to say hello and thank you for the new thread! :yahoo:
Looking forward to hearing anything new from Yuzu soon! :dance2: