Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2017-2018

quad ax

Rinkside
Originally, if Yuzuru repeats FS for the Olympic, I prefer POTO because there will be clear difference and improvements, as there was no clean competition. However, as chopin is threepeat programme, I think new FS will be better than POTO or Seimei.
And, programme that is acting typical person (like seimei) or character of musical/opera is what I want.

kiches

Final Flight
You're lucky that this was your first competition. :biggrin: I did a lot of shouting too!

Yeah, I don't see him skating to latin music...in my head...he could prove us wrong.

I'm fully prepared for a Seimei repeat. But hoping against hope for something new. :ghug:

Yes, there was a lot of shouting (and jumping) on my part. The arena in Helsinki was pretty crazy :yahoo:.

I also have a difficult time picturing Latin on him, but I do think he could probably make it work but it probably wouldn't look like a typical Latin program... It's just not something I can picture with just my imagination - although I did think it would be interesting if he ever decided to use Por Una Cabeza.

I'm also prepared for a Seimei 2.0, I think I would've been more receptive of it if Chopin 3 wasn't also happening. I feel conflicted about his SP since I actually love Chopin and in Fantasy on Ice it looked even better than ever, but I was looking forward to a new and amazing Yuzu-Jeff collaboration. In my conversations with other fans I think we even talked about Notte Stellata, POTO 2.0, R&J 3.0, Etude FS, and my personal crazy thought - a Parisienne Walkways free skate. I think he did say the two programs that bring out his best qualities are Parisienne Walkways and Notte Stellata, so anything could happen. Or maybe it'll be jazz and something entirely new, and even then I'm not sure if it would calm my nerves about the upcoming season :hopelessness:.

kiches

Final Flight
And of course as soon as I write this Mura announces he is revamping his POTO FS. Is this an omen?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
And of course as soon as I write this Mura announces he is revamping his POTO FS. Is this an omen?

Please no POTO again. Especially if Mura is going for it too. That'd be so 2015. Then again, no Seimei 2.0 either, please, unless it's a completely different cut of music. As you said, I'd love Seimei 2.0 in any other circumstances but not when he's already repeating Chopin. Again.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Please no POTO again. Especially if Mura is going for it too. That'd be so 2015. Then again, no Seimei 2.0 either, please, unless it's a completely different cut of music. As you said, I'd love Seimei 2.0 in any other circumstances but not when he's already repeating Chopin. Again.

Yes, totally agree. I am looking forward to something completely new too, given Yuzu and his team repeating Chopin, they might have more time to work on the FS from scratch. I can't wait, now many skaters start to release information about their programs for the new season. Hopefully we could hear from Yuzu soon. :hap93:

kiches

Final Flight
Maybe the shock won't come from program music choice, but from his proposed layout. Lots of possibilities on both sides for speculation!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Maybe the shock won't come from program music choice, but from his proposed layout. Lots of possibilities on both sides for speculation!

The only program layout that would shock me would be one with 4A or with no change at all. I wouldn't even be shocked if he came out with one less 3A (even if that would pain me) with the way he's showering love on the 4T.

Henni147

Final Flight
The only program layout that would shock me would be one with 4A or with no change at all. I wouldn't even be shocked if he came out with one less 3A (even if that would pain me) with the way he's showering love on the 4T.
I think a 4X+4T combination would surprise me, too.

There is one thing that I really hope for (not necessarily in the olympic season but someday): Yuzu doing Men in Black in a gala EX with huge sunglasses, a tie and a fitting (!) suit.
AND a performance to Time to say goodbye in his last competitive tournament - yup, that would make me really happy. :biggrin:

kiches

Final Flight

The 4A would surprise me, but I really don't think it's going to happen next season. A 4-4 combo would surprise me however, or more than 3 quads in the second half would also surprise me.

Although the biggest unexpected surprise would be a 4F attempt :laugh:

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice

4A would definitely be the biggest surprise.
4A will be a dream (and a nightmare) to the world of figure skating (and other skaters). I remember one of the Japanese TV program mentioned that he will need to jump 17cm higher and land 1 meter further to get it done, that's seriously super human effort, and even now there are enough people questioning if he is actually human being or not. :laugh: Yuzu is a history maker, so I believe one day he could do it.

yude

Record Breaker
4A would definitely be the biggest surprise.
4A will be a dream (and a nightmare) to the world of figure skating (and other skaters). I remember one of the Japanese TV program mentioned that he will need to jump 17cm higher and land 1 meter further to get it done, that's seriously super human effort, and even now there are enough people questioning if he is actually human being or not. :laugh: Yuzu is a history maker, so I believe one day he could do it.

The most surprising was that he said he felt like he could do it (and he sounded like it was easier than he had thought), he repeated about three times and I was like :shocked:

yude

Record Breaker
I'm curious (and I'm little bit worried) about GOE he gets in the coming season but I will wait and see :slink:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I'm curious (and I'm little bit worried) about GOE he gets in the coming season but I will wait and see :slink:

I feel it will depend on how "consistent" he will look like in judges eyes. If he skates 2 decent competitions since start ,GOE will be good. Imo This season's low GOES were "a fault" of not clean SPs and his after SP placements . I guess it was the main reason why Yuzuru brought Chopin again. If he skated H&L at 4cc the way he skated in Helsinki, GOE in Helsinki would have been all +3 across the board but because he skated clean only once and he was off top 3 after sp thats why he was held down. CoP shouldn't be scored this way but it seems overall season impression still matters... We shall see what happens .

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
The most surprising was that he said he felt like he could do it (and he sounded like it was easier than he had thought), he repeated about three times and I was like :shocked:

Well, there were rumors he'd landed at least one fully rotated 4A at TCC, as told by Max Ambesi. So I've always taken that moment as Yuzu secretly laughing inwardly at being shown how to do a jump he'd already landed. Though I'm sure the visualization helped a lot since Yuzu seems to be someone who likes to visualize something being done correctly in order to adjust his own technique properly. He watched Mao's 3A before he landed his first one. He came to Toronto to train with Javi and Brian partly because he thought Javi had a great 4S technique and he wanted to study it. I remember him mentioning watching Patrick's SS so as to 'steal it'. And he's been watching Boyang's 4Lz very carefully since 2015. :biggrin: