Summer Fan Fest 2017 | Golden Skate

Summer Fan Fest 2017

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It is that time of year again when the figure skating world is starting to prepare for the new season.

The 2017 – 2018 season is an Olympic season. So, there will be a lot of extra eyes on what is happening.

Consequently, it is probably a good idea to use this summer as an opportunity to give the Fan Fest Forum a refresh.

I have already updated a couple of Fan Fests in preparation for GS articles being posted about those skaters. But, with around 410 Fan Fests, it is nigh on impossible for one person to update them all.

So, I would like to appeal to the owners of the Fan Fests to check over their Original Posts and, if they need updating, to try to do it themselves before the main season starts in earnest.

It actually gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling when you see the completed post!

Of course, if you need any help with anything, don’t be afraid to ask.

But, first of all, please visit the Rules thread. I have added a couple of replies about what to include in the thread title and the introductory paragraph of a Fan Fest.

These guidelines are being introduced to make the Fan Fests more user-friendly for the search engines.

Although I have been using the same layout for the Fan Fests that I have been updating, it is not actually compulsory to use this layout. I have just been finding it easier to work from the same template that I use for my own Fan Fests.

If there is another layout you prefer, feel free to use it. The thing that matters is that the information is there.

I will soon be adding a new external index, which includes all the information that is needed to make the introductory paragraphs and the Biographical Links section. So, this will greatly help speed up updating the Fan Fests.

It’s not quite finished yet, but hopefully should be soon.

CaroLiza_fan

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Not quite about this but there's really no other thread.
Just wanted to say that I like the new fan fest look! Much more streamlined and organized :)