Kazuki Tomono | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
wow, thank you for translating all this, Ichatdelune! Much appreciated!

Kazuki sounds so much fun! ^ ^ I am guessing that now he's admitted he'd like to have a GF, he'll be swamped with messages and letters! Only the kira kira girls don't have much of a chance IIRC, lol! :D
I am happy Kazuki likes modern music so much, because his programs to it are awesome!

And Giu, you totally should post him a question in English! It would be fun to see if he'd answer, but I think he'd be very happy to hear from his followers from overseas!

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
wow, thank you for translating all this, Ichatdelune! Much appreciated!

Kazuki sounds so much fun! ^ ^ I am guessing that now he's admitted he'd like to have a GF, he'll be swamped with messages and letters! Only the kira kira girls don't have much of a chance IIRC, lol! :D
I am happy Kazuki likes modern music so much, because his programs to it are awesome!

And Giu, you totally should post him a question in English! It would be fun to see if he'd answer, but I think he'd be very happy to hear from his followers from overseas!

Now he's probably sleeping but next time I will try! If you don't mind Surimi I'll use one of your questions cause I can't think of anything vaguely intelligent at the moment :biggrin:

KiraraChin

Medalist
Whoaaaa, thank you so much, Ichatdelune! Awesome job! :thank:

Really enjoyed reading this Q&A, such a good insight into him as a person. I LOVED the bit he says he should tidy up the room but loses to the power of the futon, so relatable! :laugh2:

Also, I agree he will now be swamped by letters and proposals from potential suitors! Although I can't quite believe he's not considered 'boyfriend material'... :scratch2:

I actually sent him two questions in English during the Q&A! One wasn't really a question, I asked him to send a message in English to his international fans. Then I asked if he had started to think of programmes for next season. But I was ignored both times :drama:

surimi

Record Breaker
I actually sent him two questions in English during the Q&A! One wasn't really a question, I asked him to send a message in English to his international fans. Then I asked if he had started to think of programmes for next season. But I was ignored both times :drama:

:cry: I was so sure Kazuki would give a nod to his overseas fans. How many questions were there overall, out of curiosity?

Giu, you're more than welcome. :) Let's hope there is a second time. Better still, a Q&A in English... it would make Kazuki's intl fans happy, and he'd have an opportunity to practice his eigo outside the skating world. Let's wish for that to happen... I wonder if these sessions allow late answers due to different time zones of Q person and A person.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
:cry: I was so sure Kazuki would give a nod to his overseas fans. How many questions were there overall, out of curiosity?

Giu, you're more than welcome. :) Let's hope there is a second time. Better still, a Q&A in English... it would make Kazuki's intl fans happy, and he'd have an opportunity to practice his eigo outside the skating world. Let's wish for that to happen... I wonder if these sessions allow late answers due to different time zones of Q person and A person.

We have 24 hours to post a question, cause that is the time a Ig story lasts, but I'm pretty sure the A person can answer whenever he wants.

Anyway, I thought about some questions I could post next time:

- Are you a dog or a cat person?
- Do you have any siblings?
- Which countries would you like to visit?
- What subject did you hate the most at school?
- Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
- Do you have any plans about continuing your collaboration with Misha also next season?
- Speaking about choreographies, who would you like to work with in the future?

surimi

Record Breaker
^ Those are very good questions, Giu! I'd love for Kazuki to answer them! Maybe, we'll still have a chance to meet him in person in the future... at this stage, one can only hope. :)

I wonder how skating magazines are going to accommodate to this situation, BTW! Maybe they can do an issue about skaters' off-ice lives - hobbies, studies and such?

KiraraChin

Medalist
Guys Kazuki is doing an Instalive right now!

I watched part of it, he was doing a joint live with Yuhana! (Each in their own house)
Couldn't understand a thing he said but he looked unbelievably cute and they seemed to be having loads of fun :love:

surimi

Record Breaker
What's that? Are there fan questions? Are there photos? :)

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
There were only questions in Japanese, so thinking that Kazuki would never answer in English I didn't dare post anything :sad21:

He talked a little bit about Nuovo Cinema Paradiso, of course I couldn't understand and I'm too curious to know what he said cause I loved that program, then I think someone asked something about him learning/speaking in English cause he said quite a lot of times the word "eigo" and the only other bit that I think I understood correctly is when someone asked Yuhana if she washed her hair and she said no.
I hope someone will come and help us with the translation as always :)

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Thank you Ichat for the Q&A translation!

I did send in some English questions only a few minutes after he posted his story but alas no response 😂
I also did comment in English during the live today, I hope he at least saw it 😿

KiraraChin

Medalist
Haha So I wasn't the only one that was ignored :laugh:

I found some tweets with some of the things he said during the live. Bear in mind I'm using Google translate!
https://twitter.com/135_hananona79/status/1248591809762099200
・ What is your favorite program?
"American in Paris"
・ What song do you want to skate?
"New Cinema Paradiso was a song I wanted to skate. It became true!"
・ The program I want to try “I want to know about Daisuke Takahashi's program (I want to know how much he can't do ...), and then Sota Yamamoto's ANTHEM”

https://twitter.com/135_hananona79/status/1248592878005186561
cool skaters: 'Hanyu-kun and Lisa (surprising as the age is close)' (I assume he's talking about Liza Tuktamysheva here)
'I like Nathan and Aymoz' (I'm happy to be in the same competition as Aymoz. The edge is amazing.)"
Then something about Joshua Farris SP?

https://twitter.com/135_hananona79/status/1248593555930546177
The new FS will also be choreographed by Misha! ! !

Daft Punk EX was a program made in seconds

Stress makes (his skin) rough ahead of JNats and heal quickly after the end of JNats
(Someone asked if he was wearing foundation :laugh: because his skin looked so good! You can see it here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-zcJeyJXks/

https://twitter.com/135_hananona79/status/1248594278688804865
Liquor "Highball"
・ Singing song “Sunflower promise”
・ Favorite actress `` Maki Horikita (I always like) ''
Favorite actor `` Shun Oguri, Taizo Harada (I like people with this kind of atmosphere) ''

https://twitter.com/135_hananona79/status/1248594870236667904
Gyoza for today's dinner
・ Specialty dish `` Fried rice (it can only be made) ''
・ I have a car license
・ I have siblings, I am an older brother

https://twitter.com/135_hananona79/status/1248595448752828418
"Koshiro-kun went abroad and learned Lady First" (no idea what this means)
"Ken Sato Takeshi is always half-eyed, isn't it?

ETA: Kazuki and Yuhana showed their favourite plushies, so cute :luv17:
https://twitter.com/nyanko_1101/status/1248757487576027136

surimi

Record Breaker
wow, Daft Punk is so good, it's hard to believe it was done in such a short time! Kazuki must be exceptionally naturally talented. That said, I am less than thrilled about Kazuki eyeing another of Sota's programs. That's a No from me, just like New Cinema was the program that probably impressed me the least from Kazuki's collection. His younger buddy can perform this type of music better, jumps aside, sorry. JMO of course.
Kazuki interviews often end up making me hungry and this one is no exception :laugh: And I see some of our qustions already answered - I didn't know Kazuki had younger siblings ^ ^
And sweet that he and Yuhana are friends!

Guys who have seen his social media question sessions, I have a question for you - has he answered any questions in English so far? I wonder to what extent he speaks it. I have heard his English is very good, but when two of you say your questions haven't been answered, I am starting to wonder...

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Mediocre Japanese speaker with somewhat smoother translations of the tweets Kirara brought (if not mentioned Mr Google has done a fine job)

- Programs he'd like to try (as in, programs already done by others) : Would take any one of Takahashi Daisuke's programs (but can't be sure whether he could do them as well as Takahashi Daisuke did) and ANTHEM by Yamamoto Sota
- He says Joshua Farris has a good/cool SP (I don't know which one he's referring to, maybe he thinks Joshua Farris has good SPs in general?)
- His specialty dish (as in, the best dish he can make) is chahan (basically fried rice), it's the only dish he can make :rofl:
- He's an older brother and he is totally like an older brother character (strong, dependable, and looked up to), or so he claims :laugh:
- Shimada Koshiro went abroad and learned the manners of "Ladies first" (It's said in a teasing way)
- Yokoi Yuhana says "Sato Takeru in the TV drama Love You Till The End always has his eyes half-closed" and he (Kazuki) is utterly defeated (presumably dying of laughter or something)

Re: sumiri's question - Some skaters tend to try to be appreciative of their home fans more since they are the basis of the fanbase, so to speak, and usually have supported them longer. That doesn't mean they don't appreciate foreign fans, they just want to thank the home fans first. Kazuki could belong in this category, or maybe he's not confident in his English writing skills and doesn't want to 'poorly' answer questions. It could be that his English is kinda like my Japanese, I'm way better at understanding Japanese than conversing in it (not that my comprehension skills are anything that can be considered good, my listening comprehension is actually kinda terrible) so while I can be considered a speaker of Japanese I usually refrain from speaking/writing Japanese. I don't think his English is bad per say, I mean Misha Ge isn't conversing with him in Japanese is he..?

KiraraChin

Medalist
Thank you so much Ichatdelune! :thank:

@ Surimi, he's a Sota fan, what can we do :laugh:

He didn't reply to any questions in English, neither on the Q&A nor the IG live. I agree with Ichat that's probably a confidence issue - he's obviously able to communicate in English in private, for example with Misha and Mills-sensei. He can also write in English very well, his replies to Wayne McGregor on Twitter were great.

However, answering questions in English 'on the spot' in public is a different matter... Thinking about it, I only saw one interview with him in English, the John Wilson Blades one, where he was obviously reading the answers from his phone. For someone like him, who is always very thoughtful with his answers, I imagine he feels it's better to refrain rather than take the risk of saying something that's not quite right. He was also doing the Q&A/Live for fun, so he probably felt it would take too much time to 'switch' his brain in order to answer properly in English. So I think he ignored us not because he doesn't care about us, but because he is a perfectionist who didn't want to engage with us in a 'careless' manner...

I also read on Twitter that he said he wouldn't keep the IG Live on archive for people to see it later because he was embarrassed... So maybe he is more shy than we think :biggrin:

On a different note, thinking about it, it's not surprising he's an older brother! He is so sweet and protective towards his kouhais, it must be something that comes naturally for him :luv17:

surimi

Record Breaker
Thank you so much Ichatdelune! :thank:

@ Surimi, he's a Sota fan, what can we do :laugh:

Grumble in a forum, of course :biggrin: And Kazuki will do as he pleases... of course :p Seriously, I am curious about his programs for next season! What genre doyou guys think he'll try? Or will he keep at least one program?

He didn't reply to any questions in English, neither on the Q&A nor the IG live. I agree with Ichat that's probably a confidence issue - he's obviously able to communicate in English in private, for example with Misha and Mills-sensei. He can also write in English very well, his replies to Wayne McGregor on Twitter were great.

However, answering questions in English 'on the spot' in public is a different matter... Thinking about it, I only saw one interview with him in English, the John Wilson Blades one, where he was obviously reading the answers from his phone. For someone like him, who is always very thoughtful with his answers, I imagine he feels it's better to refrain rather than take the risk of saying something that's not quite right. He was also doing the Q&A/Live for fun, so he probably felt it would take too much time to 'switch' his brain in order to answer properly in English. So I think he ignored us not because he doesn't care about us, but because he is a perfectionist who didn't want to engage with us in a 'careless' manner...

I also read on Twitter that he said he wouldn't keep the IG Live on archive for people to see it later because he was embarrassed... So maybe he is more shy than we think :biggrin:

On a different note, thinking about it, it's not surprising he's an older brother! He is so sweet and protective towards his kouhais, it must be something that comes naturally for him :luv17:

I definitely don't think he'd deliberately single out his non-Japanese fans. I am inclined to agree with you re. confidence being a problem, and I think Ichatdlune also has a point about showing gratitude to one's home fans. Maybe he could answer English questions in Japanese, lol. We fortunately have enough kind speakers here to translate for us.

KiraraChin

Medalist
What genre doyou guys think he'll try? Or will he keep at least one program?
I have absolutely no idea! He said he's really into hip hop lately, so... :laugh: But seriously, I think a lot will depend on the choice of choreographer. We know his FS will be choreographed by Misha, so I think they will try a different style again, as Misha will push for more development... I have a feeling they will try something modern, don't know why, just a gut feeling from what I've been seeing on Misha's IG. I'm looking forward to it!

I found the translation for some other bits from his IG live.
This about Yuzuru: https://twitter.com/sarah_sohma/status/1248670464727113728
This bit about Koshiro and Shoma: https://twitter.com/choromatsu333/status/1249340763961544704

I'm laughing trying to imagine Koshiro being 'Ladies first' with Kazuki :laugh:

surimi

Record Breaker
^ well, polishing shoes is a hobby I hear of for the first time. I wonder if it's a Japanese thing or if it's just Kazuki :laugh:
Don't worry Kazuki, the world (and clothes inductry) is not kind to tall gals either! :biggrin:

I came across this today - https://ameblo.jp/shelley39/entry-12589659152.html It's from a Sota fan blog, but it features Kazuki a lot! It seems he and Junya Watanabe and Mitsuki Sumoto are doing an interview for a Kansai magazine? The upper half of the page is a throwback to the 'CDP in Nishinomiya' photo from a while ago, from Sakura Yamada's instagram this time. I didn't know Kaori was there too in Nishinomiya - such a pity CDP didn't work out for this team!

KiraraChin

Medalist
I came across this today - https://ameblo.jp/shelley39/entry-12589659152.html It's from a Sota fan blog, but it features Kazuki a lot! It seems he and Junya Watanabe and Mitsuki Sumoto are doing an interview for a Kansai magazine? The upper half of the page is a throwback to the 'CDP in Nishinomiya' photo from a while ago, from Sakura Yamada's instagram this time. I didn't know Kaori was there too in Nishinomiya - such a pity CDP didn't work out for this team!

Awww great pic from Sakura's IG! :luv17:
About the interview, I had seen it before, it seems that Kazuki, Junya and Mitsuki went to the same high school (Naniwa High School). However, Google Translate doesn't work very well with this one :( I guess they probably speak mostly in Kansai-ben, it would require someone fluent like Tsurara-san to translate it properly... Here are the links if someone wants to try:
http://kanspo.jp/2020/03/29/須本・渡邊・友野のnaniwa-talk vol-1/
https://kgsports.net/2020/03/30/【特別企画】 naniwa-talk-vol-2/
http://doshisha-atom.net/web/result.php?no=2631

I don't know if you guys are following Doshisha's Figure Skating Club IG, they are doing a series of posts introducing their members, and today they did Kazuki's! :love:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-_TIJrp0es/
The fourth pic looks new... They mention something about tap dancing? I couldn't understand that bit very well.

Kazuki had already appeared in some of his club mates' introductions:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-y5Nu4JPuC/ (second pic)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-3cIk5pgTJ/ (last pic)