Kazuki Tomono | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Kazuki will be skating first in the final Men's SP warm up group at Nationals. :hap57:
Best of Luck to my boy!!! :cheer::cheer2::party2::party::dance3::dance::hap10:
I just know he's aiming for that podium! (~because he's always aiming for the podium :laugh:...even when he knows it's a bit of a stretch~)

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Yes, best of luck to Kazuki in the SP! And to Keiji and Ryuju and Sota as well. I like them all. It would be great of he got on the podium, but he's still quite young so I won't despair if he doesn't. A mistake-free program would be enough to make me happy. :)

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Kazuki's Nationals SP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urmfidoRrPE&t

I'm always so nervous prior to Kazuki's SP since he's generally not a strong SP skater. This was not as good as NHK but IMO still a nice performance.
I'm glad he didn't pop his 4S but honestly surprised Amano called it rotated (Edit: That -3T also looked UR :slink:). It also bothers me that Kazuki is starting to pre-rotate his 4S so much (I swear it wasn't so obvious in the past). I'd just hate to see him get bashed for it like certain other Japanese skaters.
Also, only Level 2 StSq again but 3F-3T seems more consistent (he'd often double his -3T) and his FCsp is looking less awkward...or maybe I'm just getting used to it?:laugh:
Anyway, Good Luck to him in the FS! :cheer2: As usual, no matter how the jumps go I just want him to enjoy and sell his performance~

surimi

Record Breaker
Congrats to Kazuki on his silver at Coupe du Printemps! I hope he's not too tired at Worlds this week. In the videos, Kazuki seemed quite relaxed & having fun - I wonder if it's related to the fact that he knows the real big challenge is yet before him. Anyway, good luck at Worlds! :]
Links to his CdP performances:
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjeGLhVhtT4
FP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFcqZpYL06Y
gala (his old 2015-16 SP): https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=4FEVBF80kWc

tsuyoboogie

Record Breaker
Good Luck, Kazuki!
Praying he'll skate a clean SP and qualify for the FS~

EDIT: After almost an entire season of StSq2, I was relieved to see him finally earn StSq4 in both of his programs at Coupe du Printemps. Hoping he'll do the same at Worlds.

I've been so busy lately but will definitely make some time after Worlds to update this thread's OP. :)

surimi

Record Breaker
Good Luck, Kazuki!
Praying he'll skate a clean SP and qualify for the FS~

EDIT: After almost an entire season of StSq2, I was relieved to see him finally earn StSq4 in both of his programs at Coupe du Printemps. Hoping he'll do the same at Worlds.

I've been so busy lately but will definitely make some time after Worlds to update this thread's OP. :)

Joining you in wishing Kazuki well, and thanks for the update. Great avatar & title there, btw :D

surimi

Record Breaker
Congratulations, Kazuki! Great skate he can be proud of, and a great introduction onto the biggest stage. Good luck in the free!

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I had never seen him skate before today and I loved it! I was totally sold on his expression.

I guess we add him to the ever-growing list of members of Team Japan I cheer for no matter what :laugh:

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I just pulled Kazuki up on Instagram and practically all his recent posts are of food. Oh no. This kid is relatable. :laugh2:

blackey

On the Ice
Does anyone know why was he weeping at the end? Hopefully Japanese fed didn't give the boys too much pressure on getting spots...

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Does anyone know why was he weeping at the end? Hopefully Japanese fed didn't give the boys too much pressure on getting spots...

Emotion? First time at worlds, when he was second alternate, it was a long shot before he could take this position...

And I don´t think the pressure was particularly on Tomono, most in Uno and Tanaka... and finally more than pressure I would guess the three feel responsible for doing a good performance...

surimi

Record Breaker
Agreed, I thought those were tears of joy and emotion. He's not been to the big events yet with the exception of the last NHK, and I guess he felt overcome - such a major event he was not originally even selected for, he skated lights out, and the crowd was very supportive and appreciative. I bet it must feel wonderful to hear the thunderous applause at a huge crowded venue - perhaps second to the Olympics only. At almost 20, he's waited longer than some to win international renown, but he's finally there and he's getting noticed. Very happy for him. :) If he skates well again tomorrow, he should have no trouble getting 2 GPs next season, no?

paminess

Spectator
KAZUKI TOMONO!!! what a debut.... his charm reminds me of the young Yuzuru! i can't wait for him to grow as a skater!!

surimi

Record Breaker
Kazuki was fantastic today! Probably the highlight of the event for me, and the biggest pleasant surprise. I hope we get to see him in the gala. :love: :love: When I think of how tired he must be right now, just a week after skating in Luxembourg, he pulled off an incredible feat. He should be feeling extremely proud for helping to secure 3 spots for Japanese men next year. Now on to a well-deserved rest!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
he was just BRILLIANT!!! he improved tremendously this season, he was good last season but has new spark that draws you in this season, you could see the pressure he felt after his SP, it cant be easy to deliver like that way at your senior debut at international championship, and his joy after LP (and his coache's too!!) was infectious, well whole performance was, so charming and engaging, and never paid attention before but he has very nice transitions at 2nd half before every jump! and they come out of nowhere, lovely arms and upper body movement too! i hope he can stay injury free and show us the potential he has!

btw, HE GOT A SMALL MEDAL!!!:yahoo: