Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes he will! As top 12, he gets 2 assignments automatically

Congrats on a great skate!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
KAZUKI!!! :yahoo::hap93::dance::rock::yes2:

Congrats to him on the new PB's and bronze small medal! So proud of him for delivering two solid performances in his World Championships debut!

So much to say, so little time. More when I get back home from my trip.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I'm late but CONGRATS!! Loved, loved his fs. So happy for him, the pressure to keep 3 spots must have been immense. I'm pretending he's the only thing that happened at the men's competition lol.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Finally got to watch his free. His salchow is... huge. Almost more power than he knows what to do with - he had to spin out of it on the combination. But wow, so awesome. That's gonna be such an exciting jump of his to watch - I hope he can refine that landing.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Kazuki-kun, co-savior of the 3rd spot. I salute you.
Also I love the way he performs and lives his music. Nice high jumps and lots of power in his skates.
:luv17: This is delivering under pressure. Amazing.

Latremu

Final Flight
What a wonderful senior debut to the World Championships!! He was one of the stars of the event. During the practices and warm ups, I kept trying to look at other people but my eyes kept going back to him. His skating catches attention and he has charisma, even when there are others on the ice (surprisingly, even more so than Deniss). And the nerves! He attempted the quad sal during the SP 6-minute warm up 5-6 times but was either falling on it or landing two-footed (same thing in the practice two nights before)... And then landed such a good one in competition in the SP!

Also cute how he breathed a sigh of relief after Shoma's score, realizing that they now have their 3 spots for next year. Excellent job, with a small medal for the FS at the end! (With Nathan and Shoma! Imagine that!) This boy is going places. [emoji4] Looking forward to his next season.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Kazuki! I liked him when I saw him (on You Tube) at his first Challenger event of the season (Salt Lake City), and I am even more impressed now. I kept thinking he's around 17 or so. Then I see he's about to turn 20! Loved that he was so emotional after the SP - that was so endearing! And congrats to him and Shoma for keeping the 3 spots! To think that he didn't even know until a short while ago that he would be competing. What a warrior to be able to do the mental preparation that quickly, let alone the physical. :clap:

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Ngl I hope Kazuki replaces Keiji as Japan's international third spot from hereon.

IMO that would be a rash thing to do. Kazuki has had a fantastic season, but he needs to prove now he can deal with the pressure of being a big contender and the expectations that come with it. Let's see how he does next year. Rather than immediately crowning Kazuki as the clear No.3 man, I would rather that the Fed don't show clear preferences and let him and Keiji push each other. It might benefit them both, and could mean less pressure for Kazuki.

livetoskate

On the Ice
Kazuki was the surprise star of Worlds! I didn't know much about him until now, and count me in as another impressed fan. I look forward to seeing him in the next season.

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
I'm really impressed with Kazuki's performances at Worlds. He caught my eye earlier this season and I thought he had the markings of a future star, but he overcame my expectations :thumbsup:

Big thanks to Takahito Mura! :hap10: I read on Twitter that he was thinking about whether to retire before or after Worlds, but he decided to continue the tradition of Nobunari Oda (who retired earlier in 2014 so that the younger skaters could get some experience, which lead to Mura taking his 4CC spot and winning the competition) and give his alternate spot to Kazuki. :thumbsup:

Anyone know what shows he will be at? :)

He will be at Prince Ice World (26-30th of April). Some of the late spring/summer shows don't seem to have the full roster announced yet, so perhaps Kazuki will get more invites.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I'm so happy to see Kazuki currently listed as one of JSF's "special strengthening" supported skaters for next season. He's definitely worked hard and has shown steady improvements in his consistency, skating skills and jumps over the last couple of years. Hope he continues to progress and is able to carry his momentum from Worlds into an even more successful season.

In the meantime,
Kazuki will be the featured guest on Shizuka Arakawa Friends+a airing Monday, April 30, at 22:00~23:00 JST on 日テレプラス (Nittele Plus).
http://www.nitteleplus.com/program/sport/friendsplus_2018.html

Also, expecting to see a lot of PIW photos shared by fans in the next few of days.