Kazuki Tomono | Page 82 | Golden Skate

Kazuki Tomono

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I thought the Doshisha FSC was closed? Is it possible the video is older?
Kazuki is one of the guys I count on to keep us updated on FS during the off season. I hope he shares stuff now and again on his social media to cheer up his fans ^ ^

KiraraChin

Medalist
It is possible that the video is older, yeah!
We know that Kazuki's home rink, Naniwa centre in Osaka, is closed, but there's no info re: his university rink in Kyoto.

In any case, Doshisha figure skating club now has an Instagram account!
Here's the link for those who want to follow: https://www.instagram.com/doshisha_fsc/

KiraraChin

Medalist
Have u guys ever wondered what pictures he posts in his other private IG accounts? The @ kazuki.ramen xD probably lots of ramen pictures lol it has more number of posts than his main account. I'm just really REALLY curious.

It's private, so it's none of our business.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Hi guys! Today, March 24th marks the second anniversary of Kazuki's glorious performance at Worlds :eek:: it's been a crazy ride since then and I can't wait to see what he will show us in the future!!! Normally I'm not a fan of recycling but given the current situation I wouldn't mind if he decides to keep this season's programs, at least this would give him the chance to work on a technical upgrade without worrying too much about the rest… I wouldn't even mind If he brings back New Cinema Paradise or the Riverdance but it seems unlikely… Are there any particular programs you would like Kazuki to skate on? I would love him to skate on East of Eden

Today is a special day also for me because it's two years since I got to watch for the first time a live competition :hap93: it was a lifelong dream that came finally true so everytime that I'm sad and I feel blue I always think about March 24th and how happy I was that day when I was looking for my place and heard a voice announcing "Shoma Uno please stand back" :eek:: This was just to say that even this horrible period will come to an end and that dreams come true, you just have to be patient

KiraraChin

Medalist
Hi guys! Today, March 24th marks the second anniversary of Kazuki's glorious performance at Worlds :eek:: it's been a crazy ride since then and I can't wait to see what he will show us in the future!!! Normally I'm not a fan of recycling but given the current situation I wouldn't mind if he decides to keep this season's programs, at least this would give him the chance to work on a technical upgrade without worrying too much about the rest… I wouldn't even mind If he brings back New Cinema Paradise or the Riverdance but it seems unlikely… Are there any particular programs you would like Kazuki to skate on? I would love him to skate on East of Eden

Today is a special day also for me because it's two years since I got to watch for the first time a live competition :hap93: it was a lifelong dream that came finally true so everytime that I'm sad and I feel blue I always think about March 24th and how happy I was that day when I was looking for my place and heard a voice announcing "Shoma Uno please stand back" :eek:: This was just to say that even this horrible period will come to an end and that dreams come true, you just have to be patient
What a nice memory, Giu! I also became a Kazuki fan on that day :luv17:
He's grown so much since then, it's amazing! It's certainly been a crazy ride, but I'm very proud of what he achieved.

About his programmes, I would love to see Riverdance again with his new SS and jumps! He never skated that programme fully clean so I feel we've never seen it in its full potential...

surimi

Record Breaker
And already I've noticed on the GS twitter train that someone drew fanart of Kazuki polishing his boots :laugh:

Good to know Kazuki still posts on social media and doesn't lose his appetite or shopping fancy ^ ^

I'm an 'older' fan than you two ;) I became one during NHK 2017 when I saw Kazuki for the first time. It's admirable how he still remains among the absolute best.

I'm in Kirara's camp re. music for Kazuki, I wouldn't mind seeing Riverdance again. But ever since hearing 'Kick Ass', I just want him to skate to this the most :biggrin:
I wasn't all that sold on New Cinema Paradiso, so Eden is, as far as I am concerned, much more Sota's field of expertise than Kazuki's. Just like I think Sota would not be convincing with Riverdance or Roxanne. JMO.

KiraraChin

Medalist
And already I've noticed on the GS twitter train that someone drew fanart of Kazuki polishing his boots :laugh:
Yup, Kazuki himself retweeted these fan arts:
https://twitter.com/nusunnosukeaka/status/1243034337655681024
https://twitter.com/colorful1505/status/1243297103670960128

There was also another foodie post, this time from a meat shop: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-OGgq4DSG4/

In a convo with Yuhaha on Twitter, he confirmed he'll be graduating next year: https://twitter.com/naniwatomono/status/1243521165974540289

Finally, today he said he wanted to do a 'question corner'? Not sure if this means an insta live? That would be amazing! :love:
https://twitter.com/naniwatomono/status/1244172970253094913

surimi

Record Breaker
Yup, Kazuki himself retweeted these fan arts:
https://twitter.com/nusunnosukeaka/status/1243034337655681024
https://twitter.com/colorful1505/status/1243297103670960128

There was also another foodie post, this time from a meat shop: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-OGgq4DSG4/

In a convo with Yuhaha on Twitter, he confirmed he'll be graduating next year: https://twitter.com/naniwatomono/status/1243521165974540289

Finally, today he said he wanted to do a 'question corner'? Not sure if this means an insta live? That would be amazing! :love:
https://twitter.com/naniwatomono/status/1244172970253094913

ooh, thanks for the reports! Kazuki will be a busy guy next season! I hope it works out for all skaters and their fans in the end...
Q&A with Kazuki! How nice of him! Off the top of my head, What is your favorite subject at school? Which graduation subject intimidates you? What sort of gifts from fans do you enjoy getting (a European short of ideas here)? Would you be willing to keep Freaks for one more season? What music would be difficult for you to skate to? What do you usually do when you have a day off? Is there music you've wanted to skate to for a good while but haven't yet?
I'm sure I could be back with more in a few minutes, but will refrain for now :biggrin: Too bad I (deliberately) don't have social media in situations like these!

surimi

Record Breaker
Those are good questions! He hasn't done the IG live yet...

He did post a super cute IG story with Koshiro, though! :luv17:
https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/status/1244254961657098240

His hairstyle changed again :laugh:

It's the I-just-got-out-of-bed hairstyle. :p No, seriously. Don't dye your hair Kazuki, it would be such a pity to damage it...

I was watching some ladies LP from this year's Japnese high school championships, and someone was skating to Czardas. And I thought I'd love for Kazuki to skate to it. He's one of the fastest skaters of this era so he could pull it off.

surimi

Record Breaker
Found this while watching skating videos today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69boapIn5_k It's this year's Intercollege Men's FS, apparently. Kazuki starts just before the 1 hour marker. I see I have some quality stuff to look forward to these upcoming evenings! (Sorry if an Inkare video has been shared already but I don't think it has...)

KiraraChin

Medalist
Found this while watching skating videos today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69boapIn5_k It's this year's Intercollege Men's FS, apparently. Kazuki starts just before the 1 hour marker. I see I have some quality stuff to look forward to these upcoming evenings! (Sorry if an Inkare video has been shared already but I don't think it has...)

Ohhhh thank you so much for this! :love:
I had shared an Incare video before, but not with this quality!

Today is the start of a new school year for Kazuki! He is now in his 4th and final year at university. So I thought I should share some updates from the Doshisha figure skating club.
Firstly, their recruitment poster: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-OwVCUJ8SB/
Then this super cute recruitment video, Kazuki only appears at the very end (landing an amazing 4S), but it's worth watching to see what kind of things they do as a group :)
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-WbqKupt1a/

KiraraChin

Medalist
Hi everyone, Kazuki has been doing his Instagram Q&A today! Sadly it's all in Japanese, so I can't read anything :cry:

If any kind Japanese-speaking soul could have a look and translate anything to us, I'd appreciate it :pray:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Since Tsurara-san seems to be busy these days, mediocre Japanese speaker coming in. Take these translations with heaps of salt. Also, I'm terrible with name reading so I'm relying a lot on Google

K: I wanted to do an insta-live, but it didn't work out so instead [the Q&A is] here / 1st Q&A time

Q: Do you have a Youtuber you like?
K: Toukai On-air, Sushi Ramen Riku

Q: What's the best ramen place you'd recommend to others?
K: Jinryui-mina Menryui! The first time I ate there I was touched (like, he was in awe of the tastiness)

Q: Do you read the letters you get?
K: I do!

Q: Is there a place you'd like to go eat ramen to that's not in Kansai?
K: In Tokyo, there's a place called Konjikihototogisu

Q: I'm starting college this year, tell me what I should do as a freshman!
K: There are all kinds of people [in college], so you could discover many things through meeting and forming relationships with various people! Being involved in something you want to do could help with that (literally, 'a hint could be in that')

Q: What kind of ramen do you like best?
K: I find seafood ramen to be the most tasty, Jirou ramen is what I usually eat (It's apparently a ramen chain restaurant..?)

Q: What kind of music are you into these days?
K: I'm into Hiphop now, but I like all genres

Q: Who are the artists that you often listen to?
K: These days, iri, SIRU, RIP SLYME, HOME MADE family, WILYWNKA, King Gnu, kiki vivi lily. In the end, I'm the type that listens to everything. My tastes change everyday lol

Q: Can I call you "Kazu-ki Tomo-no"?? (As in the way foreign announcers in competitions announce him, the intonation's quite different from Japanese as well as the family name's placement)
K: You're welcome to do so

Q: What do you do when you're at home?
K: I think "I should put away the stuff in the corner of my room, I should get rid of the junk", then I lose to the magic power of my futon. :)rofl:)

Q: Tomono-kun, now there won't be a chance for you to come to campus [at college], right?
K: I sometimes go [to campus] for club activities stuff and such!

Q: Do you play Animal Crossing?!
K: I fish a lot [in Animal Crossing]

Q: Right to the point! Favourite color?
K: Red!

Q: Is it 360° next time?
K: I'm in the middle of it now. Please don't bring insider jokes. (I honestly have zero idea what this is about)

Q: You started figure skating as a child, how did you come to keep on skating?
K: There was a skating rink near my place, so I started skating for simple fun. I kept on skating because I was afraid of my sensei lol (I was in elementary school) Now I love figure skating, I'm happy to have had competitions that made me glad that I kept at it

Q: Are you doing okay with your hay fever? Take care
K: Thank you, I'm going through [the hay fever season] without anything happening

Q: What kind of hair styles do you like for girls? (As in, what's more to his fancy)
K: If it looks good on her, I'm fine with anything! (I like bobs)

Q: Who do you like best among Toukai On-air?
K: Mushimegane-san (literally, bug-glasses san) and Yumemaru-san

Q: What's your favourite song from King Gnu?
K: Flying Ship, I always listen to it right before competing

Q: Do you have a girlfriend?
K: I'd absolutely love to have one, "Kazuki is more friend material than dating material" is what I always get

Q: When do you feel that you're happy?
K: During the final step sequence after a good skate.

Q: About Doushisha's skating club, can a newbie join?
K: Absolutely, in fact [newbies are] more welcome.

Q: We're of the same age! Do you drink alcohol?
K: I like Highball (looked it up, it's a cocktail made with whiskey and tonic water)

Q: Do you have any favourite footwear brands?
K: I'd love to have a J.M.Weston

Q: I'd like to see a picture you took recently that you like
K: (picture)

Q: It's not really a question... but I love your skating! I'll always cheer for you!
K: Thank you!

Q: How did you feel after you finished your FS at 2018 WC?
K: "I enjoyed that."

Q: How far have you got with Animal Crossing?
K: A new owner moved, so I was told to gather the furniture and then passed. (Wish I had a Nintendo Switch to understand this convo)

Q: Have you ever read Demon Slayer? If so, who is your favourite character?
K: I really like Zenitsu (It's about a manga)

Q: So far in your life, what was the most miraculous thing that happened to you?
K: WC, it was such a miracle that after it was over I was a bit scared

Q: Can I call out to you if I get to see you?
K: Sure!

Q: Things you like about Koshiro (Shimada, I assume)
K: He's a good listener.

Q: Is water tasty?
K: Delicious, so it's an inside joke (I'm guessing that the question was submitted by one of his real-life friends)

Q: Do you know any suit designers that's good for short people?
K: I recommend going to a brand store that focuses on unisex products, their designs are made for both men and women. (So basically, 'men only' stores don't have suits in Kazuki's size..)
K: To add, Uniqlo's all-line products are the best, they start from XS :bow:

Q: What was the last conversation you had with Koshiro about?
K: (picture, it goes:
SK- Finished my skate
TK- Good job
SK- I have bruises)

Q: What are your favourite snacks?
K: I worship Jyagariko (a kind of potato salad snack thing, apparently)

Q: Have you ever seen another skater's costume and go "Wow, that's cool"?
K: Sota's Jekyll & Hyde costume, it's divine

Q: How do you feel about male fans?
K: I'm super happy [that I have them]

Q: Everything's been up in the air since spring, what do you do when you feel down and blue?
K: I don't know whether it'll help, but facing the difficulty and taking it bit by bit, not going over your limit, and working on it makes you think that you can do stuff and that you can overcome other difficulties that could come. I do sports, so I really respect those who are doing their best with their studies.

Q: Can we look forward to the 2nd Q&A time?
K: Last [question]! Please do!

Q: I'm happy the Q&A's happening! When you're on the rink for a competition, can you see the banners among the audience?
K: [Q&A] Continued. I can see them very well, but I usually learn of them before the competition. I'd go "whee, more of them now" by my own

Q: When you were doing DOI in 2018, there was an earthquake, right? How did you feel during then?
K: Up above there were speakers [announcing the earthquake], so I was pretty prepared.

Q: Is there another way to deal with stress, other than stuffing your face?
K: Muscle training workouts can save the world.

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
I’m really tempted to ask something to see if he answers also to questions in English.
PS thank you Ichat for your help!