2017 Skate Ontario Summer Skate (Thornhill) | Golden Skate

2017 Skate Ontario Summer Skate (Thornhill)

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
finally seeing Elizabet's name in a list :hap93:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Both Elizabet and Amanda Stan are listed with Canadian clubs. As far as I knew, both represented other countries (Kazakstan and Romania). I know Amanda lives in Canada, but I don't know anything About Elizabet, though I remember her being coached by Brian Orser. Should't they represent clubs within their federations?

Heisenberg

Rinkside
Both Elizabet and Amanda Stan are listed with Canadian clubs. As far as I knew, both represented other countries (Kazakstan and Romania). I know Amanda lives in Canada, but I don't know anything About Elizabet, though I remember her being coached by Brian Orser. Should't they represent clubs within their federations?

Skaters who train in Canada, but represent other federations , are given permission to represent their training centre when participating in domestic events such as Thornhill Summer Skate (Amanda Stan, Elizabet, Mark Goronitzky...etc).

Heisenberg

Rinkside
While we're talking Thornhill, who has predictions in the Junior and Senior singles events? They are front and center, taking place on Thursday and Friday this year (probably to accommodate the Autumn Classic Interantional deadline of August 18th)

Both the Senior and especially the Junior events should be exciting as spots at Interantional events are on the line.

nadster

Final Flight

I don't know if they are doing it this year but in the past they had a "club competition" within the summer competition.

For the purposes of this competition foreign skaters "belong" to the clubs where they train during the summer.

I think this is the reason for the listings.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
waaaaa great senior and junior men competitions.... so there's no senior ice dance in ontario or was it just not offered? scary

TGee

Record Breaker
Thank you! :thank: I was in shock when I haven't found a link. I am very excited for this competition.

Great to see interest in Skate Canada National Summer Series events from across the pond....:clap:

The new summer competition system in Canada seems to be a work in progress, but so far it's a boon for FS fans. Great to see skaters from other countries who train in Canada taking advantage. It really boosts the early season strength-on-strength value of the events.

TGee

Record Breaker
Start Orders/Results page is here: http://www.skateontario.org/summer-skate-start-ordersresults/

-----------------------------------------

One thing that I find interesting is that there are a number of Ontario skaters who competed in both Minto Summer Skate and Championnats d'été, who are entered for Thornhill.
e.g. Matthew Markell in Junior Men and Walsh/Michaud in Junior Pairs...

I expect that they want to ensure a good NSS result [best 2] as well as getting in two Ontario super series events....

I don't see any withdrawals...

TGee

Record Breaker
While we're talking Thornhill, who has predictions in the Junior and Senior singles events? They are front and center, taking place on Thursday and Friday this year (probably to accommodate the Autumn Classic Interantional deadline of August 18th)

Both the Senior and especially the Junior events should be exciting as spots at Interantional events are on the line.

International spots for the JPG aren't so much dependent on getting a high ranking as getting the required elements and total score set out in the NextGen / JPG selection criteria.

Conrad Orzel has already met the criteria, but surely wants to improve on his somewhat rough launch of the season at Minto Summer Skate.

For the others, if they don't get the elements and total score required based on the numbers of years left before they age out of Juniors, the podium won't matter as much. If they have less than 2 years before they age out [based on the July 1st cut off] they need

-a total score of 195 and:

-5 different triples, 7 triples in the free, at least one triple +triple or double Axel + triple combo, an attempt at a tripleAxel or quad

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
👌🏼 Check. That will be much harder then Minto. Getting out of my bed at 4am for the guys :drama:

i have a meeting thursday night and a party friday night... i guess i will rely on you guys this time...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
This could be the happiest song in the world and the way he is singing it could still be weep worthy.

I will not quit.

I like Ms. Wong's dress.