Russian test skates 2017-2018 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Russian test skates 2017-2018

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I love the challenge of working out the Russian names in their native language. Google translate doesn't interrupt my fun.

lbamda

On the Ice
What the? Why why why? Nooooo :cry::cry::cry: I saw recent video where she dancing with Zhenya and Alina, why Polina is not in the list... No it can't be again :sad4:

I think not everything so badly, there is information that it is specially not forced to test skates, and prepare for stages of the Grand Prix which at her late.

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
What the? Why why why? Nooooo :cry::cry::cry: I saw recent video where she dancing with Zhenya and Alina, why Polina is not in the list... No it can't be again :sad4:

On one of russian forums it's said that she's fine and she's working on her programs. They are not 100% yet so they decided not to rush things. She will be ready for GP's.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
On one of russian forums it's said that she's fine and she's working on her programs. They are not 100% yet so they decided not to rush things. She will be ready for GP's.

Thank you so much for the info, you just saved me from panic, tears & depression! :dbana: :ghug:

I'm still sad Polya won't be there, as I'm really missing her skating. But there will be so many other great skaters, I can't wait :love:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

Ah thank you so much, that's good news, I was about ready to :dbana:

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Glad to know that Polina is okay. I hope she has a strong season! Especially after that meltdown at Junior Worlds, where everybody thought she would medal.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
So Polina is missing the test skates to give herself more time to learn her programs? But Zhenya and Alina will still be there?
Would the placement and/or appearance of skaters at this event lead to GP re-assignments or changes? Or will Polina still have her 2 spots, and other girls' already assigned spots still remain intact?
This is just to work out performance kinks of new programs, right? I know it's more important for the juniors and the JGP assignments, but not as sure about the seniors.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So Polina is missing the test skates to give herself more time to learn her programs? But Zhenya and Alina will still be there?
Would the placement and/or appearance of skaters at this event lead to GP re-assignments or changes? Or will Polina still have her 2 spots, and other girls' already assigned spots still remain intact?
This is just to work out performance kinks of new programs, right? I know it's more important for the juniors and the JGP assignments, but not as sure about the seniors.

In Seniors the host nation of each GP event selects the skaters that compete so the only spot that could/would or may be affected by test skates is that host pick for Rostelecom. If a skater withdraws from an assigned GP event the host nation can then choose from a list of eligible skaters but if say a Russian withdraws they do not have to replace that skater with another Russian.

My understanding is that the test skates are a chance for the Russian Fed to amalyze skaters and their programs. Skaters that they are funding so they can change programs and make suggestions.

Hope that helps a little :)

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I don't think GP assignments will change, this isn't the JGP where the countries can shuffle their participants all the time. And I don't think the test skates have ever been of such critical importance anyway (although people have been asked to make major changes or had their entire programs thrown out at these events).