Hanna Abrazhevich | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hanna Abrazhevich

Rosallie

On the Ice
In one czech television station it was said that Hanna&Martin are gonna compete at Bavarian Open (Feb 5-10), they want to compete at worlds :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In one czech television station it was said that Hanna&Martin are gonna compete at Bavarian Open (Feb 5-10), they want to compete at worlds :)

Ah, good! Because we are really missing having Czech representation in Pairs at Europeans.

As you know, I have been working on the new Fan Fests (some of the Original Posts have already been uploaded, but the threads are still closed as I am still not quite finished them yet), but I have a lot of questions about Hanna.

Firstly, I am struggling to find out any personal details about her:

• When she was born? (Given that she and Martin were in the Provisional Entry List for Senior Pairs at the Golden Spin, I'm assuming she is over 13, and so doesn't fall under the COPPA rules).
  • Where she was born? (I know from competition results that she represented Minsk, but is she actually from there?)

Also, I have come across a gaping hole in her competitive history. I have found quite a few results for her in Singles skating up until the end of the 2013-14 season. But after that, absolutely nothing.

Of course, the reason she has had no Singles results after 2013-14 may be that this was when she switched to Pairs. But, I can't find any results for her in Pairs during the subsequent seasons either.

Which begs the question: what has she been doing for the past 4 seasons? Has she been on an extended sabbatical from competitive skating? Or has she been competing, but has just fallen under the radar?

The lack of Pairs results also begs the question: is this her first Pairs partnership?

So, can anybody help enlighten me about her?

EDIT: I just re-read the translation of Martin's interview that you put up in September, and it jumped out at me that he said that Hanna has been living in Russia for 3 years.

So, that started me wondering - is this (empty in terms of competition results) fskate.ru Bio that I found last week the same girl?

http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/4678.html

Looking at a translation there now (I didn't translate it at the time, because it had no results), I think it is. Because it says at the end:

"Anna Abrazhevich until 2015 was engaged in figure skating in Minsk (Belarus)."

It also lists a Vladislav Lysoy as her partner. But, when you click through to his Bio, it doesn't have any results with her. It just has results in 2014-15 with Ekaterina Khokhlova and 2012-13 with Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya (yes, the same one that now skates for Australia). There is nothing newer than 2015 (which is when Hanna's Bio says she left Belarus).

So, it looks like she did have a Pairs partnership in 2015-16, but they didn't do any competitions. Which still doesn't answer the question as to what she has been doing the past couple of seasons, or indeed in 2014-15.​

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
After the SP, Hanna&Martin are on the 5th place (from 8 pairs), with 47,96 points. They were skating to "Le di a la caza alcance".

Edit: from 3:28:40 - https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7213cw

Unfortunately, with this result, they can't compete at worlds :(

They're still a bit green, but a pity about Martin's mistake. Hanna seems to be a good fit for him, and maybe in the next season they can come back stronger.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Free program - 90,22 points, total score - 138,18 points. They are in the 5th place (from 8 pairs) in the SP, FP and overall.

Their FP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ECTJmcF-Bo

To be honest, overall I expected little bit more, I'm disappointed :confused2:

I expected more from Martin, for sure. He had to fight for all of his landings, but for a pair to gel it takes time. Hanna on the other hand is a very promising skater. Good triples, good extension on the lifts, good rotation on the twist, only the throws are rough, but it takes time.

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
I think they do it only because they want to try get the points for Worlds.
Yes, maybe minimal TES for the Worlds is the main task for the season. But competition experience and ranking points are important too. Hanna and Martin can't say they have too much of it. :)
And now I understand why they withdrew from Golden Spin, they were just raw and not ready by that moment. :disapp:

Rosallie

On the Ice
Found it, one of the two FP songs is "The Hollywood Wiz" (Cirque Du Soleil, "Paramour") ;)

Edit: the second one is "Love Triangle" (Cirque Du Soleil, "Paramour")

Rosallie

On the Ice
Ice Mall Cup: SP - 51,61 points (28,69 tech points, so they can go to the worlds! ;)), 3rd place (from 6 pairs).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ice Mall Cup: SP - 51,61 points (28,69 tech points, so they can go to the worlds! ;)), 3rd place (from 6 pairs).

A ticket to Worlds - that's a nice early birthday present for Martin! ;) :biggrin:

By the way, thank you for finding out the music. I have added them into the OP (I've also given the tables a bit of a new look, as part of a refresh that I have been doing to my Fan Fests this week).

I'll add all the Ice Mall Cup scores in once the competition is completed.

CaroLiza_fan

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
The free skate at Ice Mall Cup was a bit messy. I suppose they celebrated Martin's birthday and qualification for Worlds with the whole Dmitry Savin team, since their teammates Anna Petranovic and Antonio Souza Kordeiru had a shaky free skate too. :biggrin:
Anyway, competition experience is competition experience. Let Hanna and Martin be sloppy here and polished at Worlds.

Rosallie

On the Ice
With 99,28 points for the FS (4th place from six) and 150,89 points overall, they finished 4th.