Eurosport Updates | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Eurosport Updates

Richie

Rinkside
Dutch Eurosport lists up until now only live Rostelecom coverages of men short programm on 20-10 at 13.00 hours (ES2) and ladies free programm on 21-10 at 18.15 hours (ES1).:scratch2:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Please note that the 3 tournaments marked with ** are being shown on Eurosport International but not being shown on British Eurosport.
Okay, I'm sure you've explained this before, but I'm really a dumb dodo at times, so... humor me. What's the difference between Eurosport International and British Eurosport? I mean, I get that co.uk and .com are not the same (doh), but what kind of listings does .com show? Or, what country (countries?) does it cater to? Are there countries in Europe that do not get their own Eurosport, so they're stuck with .com? Or is it more complicated than that?

If there are not additional streams on the ESP Player, I really hope that the Eurovision stream is made available to us.
Ugh. Don't get your hopes up. They've never done that in the past, and I doubt very much they'll start now. If they even *have* a livestream on Eurovision this year, because even that I'm not sure about.

During the last years there was a best-of cut that aired at noon on Monday for ALL the disciplines, so perhaps that's when we get to see some pairs and dance.
Very true; here's to hoping. (and some Men for us poor deprived fans who don't even get the men's FS on telly). :pray:

Huh....for Germany, I'm quite positive that they will at least air pairs the following week at Skate Canada, even if it's a rerun.
Oh, lovely, that's S/M's first outing in the GP this season? Must See!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Okay, I'm sure you've explained this before, but I'm really a dumb dodo at times, so... humor me. What's the difference between Eurosport International and British Eurosport? I mean, I get that co.uk and .com are not the same (doh), but what kind of listings does .com show? Or, what country (countries?) does it cater to? Are there countries in Europe that do not get their own Eurosport, so they're stuck with .com? Or is it more complicated than that?

Ugh. Don't get your hopes up. They've never done that in the past, and I doubt very much they'll start now. If they even *have* a livestream on Eurovision this year, because even that I'm not sure about.

Very true; here's to hoping. (and some Men for us poor deprived fans who don't even get the men's FS on telly). :pray:

Oh, lovely, that's S/M's first outing in the GP this season? Must See!

I think it's like you wrote. There are some smaller countries in Europe that get Eurosport International because they don't have their own version like the Netherland, France or Italy have. And they get english commentary, but the program is not like the UK version. Yeah S/M will be at Skate Canada and Skate America this season., so I guess even though it's in the middle of the night, there will be some coverage. At least I hope so. And I really hope that you get to see the men. Probably we'll all be watching russian streams anyway. I want to know what's happening, WHEN it's happening and not days later.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

You are exactly right. Eurosport International is the default schedule that used to be shown everywhere, and whose listings are on the .com website. But nowadays some countries have a local version, whereas others just stick to the International schedule.

Generally speaking, the countries that deviate the most are GB, FR and DE. NL is the next in line, but does not deviate quite as much as those three. Most of the other countries that have their own language version pretty much stick to the International schedule, such as IT and HU to name just two.

And the countries that don't have their own language version get pure Eurosport International.

We can hope, though... ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I do see some recap programs on Monday (E1 and E2), but didn’t they use to be two hours? Only 1.5 now. Oh well... livestreams are our lifeline.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I do see some recap programs on Monday (E1 and E2), but didn’t they use to be two hours? Only 1.5 now. Oh well... livestreams are our lifeline.

It depends, sometimes they are two hours, sometimes only 1 1/2. Usually there is no short program in these, only top three (sometimes only two) long programs of each discipline. It's better than nothing, I guess, but far from satisfying.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Let's hope so. Presumably because Eurosport clearly have the rights, we won't be able to see the Eurovision ISU feed because it'll be geo-blocked.
You are making an excellent point here. How about we take a step further and actually make a formal complaint about it, collectively or separately whichever is more effective? Any ideas to whom - ISU, Eurosport or European Court of Human Rights :)?!

Miller

Final Flight
If it helps, here is a page that lists all the snooker that is being shown on Eurosport this season:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/watch-snooker-season-eurosport-player/

What I like about it is that it tells you which tournaments will just be on the ESP Player, and which will be on the linear channels as well.

Please note that the 3 tournaments marked with ** are being shown on Eurosport International but not being shown on British Eurosport.

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks for this. Looking at the schedule snooker won't be shown on the linear channels on weeks 2, 4 and 5 (SC, NHK, IDF). Thing about CoR weekend is that they've got 6 other live sports on the go, must be some sort of record. Hopefully after that won't be so bad, will probably depend on what other indoor sports they've got on - skating has always occupied that' dead period' between the end of their summer summer sports and the start of their winter ones like skiing and ski jumping.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Thanks for this. Looking at the schedule snooker won't be shown on the linear channels on weeks 2, 4 and 5 (SC, NHK, IDF). Thing about CoR weekend is that they've got 6 other live sports on the go, must be some sort of record. Hopefully after that won't be so bad, will probably depend on what other indoor sports they've got on - skating has always occupied that' dead period' between the end of their summer summer sports and the start of their winter ones like skiing and ski jumping.

We live in hope...
What annoys me most that they are going to show the repeats several times instead of showing other disciplines even if not live I'd still love to have a recording of max coverage.. :dev2:
I read that the Russian fans are outraged too as seems that Match Arena will not be covering the event (or just limited I can't say now)

LRK

Record Breaker
We live in hope...
What annoys me most that they are going to show the repeats several times instead of showing other disciplines even if not live I'd still love to have a recording of max coverage.. :dev2:
I read that the Russian fans are outraged too as seems that Match Arena will not be covering the event (or just limited I can't say now)

They're not? I wonder what will be available then for us to watch even on Youtube? I hope someone somewhere will broadcast it?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just saw something mildly interesting on Eurosport player (on my smartphone, I assume the same goes for the full website?)
If you do a search for figure skating, it gives a list of all eight competition events over the two days of Rostelecom... and if you click on any of them, it will say “This program airs on” followed by time and day. All live times. It actually gives eleven search results, could be recaps.

Bit odd... since they obviously don’t all refer the actual live airing on E1 / E2.

Livestream, then? *hopeful*

Miller

Final Flight
Just saw something mildly interesting on Eurosport player (on my smartphone, I assume the same goes for the full website?)
If you do a search for figure skating, it gives a list of all eight competition events over the two days of Rostelecom... and if you click on any of them, it will say “This program airs on” followed by time and day. All live times. It actually gives eleven search results, could be recaps.

Bit odd... since they obviously don’t all refer the actual live airing on E1 / E2.

Livestream, then? *hopeful*

Will find out tomorrow, plus get a feel for Skate Canada. It and Skate America haven't been shown as much in the past, time zone differences meaning evening sessions in North America are early hours of the morning UK/Europe time. Perhaps it's been an unintended benefit of them being the first ones on the season in the past, and CoR has highlighted the clash in sports until the summer sports have fully gone away. Anyway fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Okay, I think it’s all good! :) Livestream-wise, anyway! Just looked closer at the search results in the Player, and the icons actually say which channel, E1, E2 and most (all eight events, too) have no channel number, which I guess means the stream. That’s something, anyway.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Where exactly do you see this Winnie? I have searched for Eiskunstlaufen and had no results. I searched for ISU and only got the already known results, the Men's short etc. Where is the ISU channel? Or will it only appear on the days of competition? That website AND the mobile app are horrible for the user. I would call myself internet-savvy but I really do have problems with it.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Where exactly do you see this Winnie? I have searched for Eiskunstlaufen and had no results. I searched for ISU and only got the already known results, the Men's short etc. Where is the ISU channel? Or will it only appear on the days of competition? That website AND the mobile app are horrible for the user. I would call myself internet-savvy but I really do have problems with it.

Now, I'm not sure if it is because I have my account set up to display the site in English, but I think that you have to search in English now.

The programmes on the additional streams don't display the full official titles of the events they are broadcasting. It just has the sport, the common short title and the country where it is being held.

Also, each additional stream is not labelled as a particular "channel" any more, because Eurosport seem to be fitting things in willy-nilly.

So, these may be why "ISU" is not coming up with anything.

Eurosport Player is definitely a badly designed website. Especially the schedule page. The horizontal listings should appear as soon as you go to the page. You shouldn't have to press a button to get them. And as for the vertical listings that do get shown straight away, they are horrible! As clear as muck in a bottle!

The vertical listings that are used on the main Eurosport website are far, far clearer. I just wish that they showed all the streams side by side, and then I wouldn't need to bother with the Eurosport Player schedule page.

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I start the Player on iOS, you see a magnifying glass icon on top of the screen, and I search for figure skating or kunstschaatsen, both give the same results.

Edited for badly translated Dutch to English word.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Ah! Now I see it, too. Thanks so much! :thank: Probably because I searched for "Eiskunstlaufen" instead of "Eiskunstlauf".....gosh, it even appears if I search for "Figure Skating". What a joke. And really, it shows all the disciplines. I think these are good news indeed!

Edit: I understood what you meant with Loop, because the german word is Lupe. :agree:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Edit: I understood what you meant with Loop, because the german word is Lupe. :agree:
:biggrin: I was reading it again, and going "Wait a minute... loop, loop... that just doesn't look right. It's supposed to be loep... oh, wait a minute, that's not English at all!" That's what you get for smartphone-typing while on a bus and not fully concentrating.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The programmes on the additional streams don't display the full official titles of the events they are broadcasting. It just has the sport, the common short title and the country where it is being held.

Also, each additional stream is not labelled as a particular "channel" any more, because Eurosport seem to be fitting things in willy-nilly.

And the good news is – we do have figure skating on the additional streams!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

BUT, as I alluded to in my last comment, it is spread across different streaming channels. :rolleye: :confused:

The following are on the same stream, which (at the moment anyway) is the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] stream (5[SUP]th[/SUP] additional stream) on the list:

12:00 – 14:45 BST Men's Short
16:30 – 17:45 BST Pair’s Short

This stream turns into a snooker stream at 19:00 BST.

The others are on a different stream, which (at the moment anyway) is the 11[SUP]th[/SUP] stream (9[SUP]th[/SUP] additional stream) on the list:

14:00 – 15:25 BST Short Dance
18:00 – 19:40 BST Ladies Short

These are the only programmes on this particular stream the whole day. Which begs the question – why are Eurosport not showing all the figure skating on this stream?!

The way the streams are being managed nowadays is a total mess. It was much easier to find things when we had streams dedicated to a particular sport.

EDIT: These details are based on the British Eurosport Player. The streams may be positioned differently on the other versions.​

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
And the good news is – we do have figure skating on the additional streams!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

BUT, as I alluded to in my last comment, it is spread across different streaming channels. :rolleye: :confused:
LOL, I was gonna ask you where you saw this... and then stumbled upon the horizontal channel listings. I've never seen those before! Now I finally understand what you meant by that. :drama: Just never occurred to me it was anything different than what I was seeing when I clicked on Schedule. Sneakily little icon in the upper right corner, tsk.

Anyway, our Dutch schedule is exactly the same as yours, livestream channels-wise, anyway. [+ 1 hour, of course]