Eurosport Updates | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Eurosport Updates

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
They said something about the men's in the german broadcast as well, but there is no broadcast as far as I can see. Weird.

I'm still not seeing anything. Hhhmmm..

What I'm also not seeing are the livestreams for Skate Canada: not on Friday, not on Saturday. The only events I see listed are the ice dance SD (live) and Ladies (not live) on Friday evening/night, but those are the E2 channel feeds, so that doesn't count. Where is the ISU stream?!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm still not seeing anything. Hhhmmm..

What I'm also not seeing are the livestreams for Skate Canada: not on Friday, not on Saturday. The only events I see listed are the ice dance SD (live) and Ladies (not live) on Friday evening/night, but those are the E2 channel feeds, so that doesn't count. Where is the ISU stream?!

I don't see it either, Winnie. If Eurosport doesn't stream this I'm really...*insertswearword* I don't want to watch some obscure stream. *PANIC*:sad4:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I don't see it either, Winnie. If Eurosport doesn't stream this I'm really...*insertswearword* I don't want to watch some obscure stream. *PANIC*:sad4:
Well, I don't know about Skate Canada, but that men's FS on Eurosport sure is a big question mark, too. My digital TV guide actually says E2 is airing the men's FS now, followed by the Gala.
But I'm pretty sure that a bunch of sweaty men kicking a ball on a field of grass isn't the same as figure skating.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Football for me too. And I could swear it said Figure Skating just minutes ago...but when I tried to search for a stream it's not there. :(

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I didn't catch anything. And now I have the problem that I cannot go back in the normal channel because they cut everything into categories in the player. Thanks for nothing Eurosport. It's not in the On Demand section either. This confuses me. :scratch2:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Well, must’ve been in Germany then, but not here. They never stopped with the soccer. I think they went from France to Italy and back to France, but never Russia!
C’est la vie.

aynia

On the Ice
About eurosport's German commentators - I am not too fond of them and I am willing to ignore a lot but...

Is it really so difficult to minimize background sounds during the exhibition gala?!

This time I heard the commentator breathing, the ringing of a mobile phone, paper rustling, a chair moving - did I forget anything? This is really annoying!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
About eurosport's German commentators - I am not too fond of them and I am willing to ignore a lot but...

Is it really so difficult to minimize background sounds during the exhibition gala?!

This time I heard the commentator breathing, the ringing of a mobile phone, paper rustling, a chair moving - did I forget anything? This is really annoying!

Where the heck do you watch this aynia? I don't see it???
(They love to cough during programs....)

aynia

On the Ice
I didn't catch anything. And now I have the problem that I cannot go back in the normal channel because they cut everything into categories in the player. Thanks for nothing Eurosport. It's not in the On Demand section either. This confuses me. :scratch2:

Yeah, I liked the old concept with the channels better.

aynia

On the Ice
So it's not in the Player? What am I paying for exactly?

Good question - they advertise that the player shows *all* the channels after all. Therefore it should have been included. With the former concept/design of eurosport player this wouldn't have happened.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I just found this article....from September which says, Eurosport 2 will be available again....at some point....*LOLOLTROLLidiotcustomerwink* :palmf:

I hadn't even realized it was gone, I always thought Eurosport 2 Extra HD was the same as Eurosport 2!!!

THANKS FOR NOTHING! I don't care about Eurosport Extra HD 2, why can't they show the normal Eurosport 2 as well? How much money do they want me to pay? I'm getting really sick of it. I've been defending them here in this thread for weeks, but enough is enough. What the heck is that?

aynia

On the Ice
I just found this article....from September which says, Eurosport 2 will be available again....at some point....*LOLOLTROLLidiotcustomerwink* :palmf:

I hadn't even realized it was gone, I always thought Eurosport 2 Extra HD was the same as Eurosport 2!!!

THANKS FOR NOTHING! I don't care about Eurosport Extra HD 2, why can't they show the normal Eurosport 2 as well? How much money do they want me to pay? I'm getting really sick of it. I've been defending them here in this thread for weeks, but enough is enough. What the heck is that?

Okay, that explains it but... seriously?!

And I don't want to think about how much I am paying just so I can watch figure skating legally on TV/via live stream.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Okay, that explains it... but seriously?!

And I don't want to think about how much I am paying just so I can watch figure skating legally on TV/via live stream.

Honestly, I'm probably going back to the 'illegal' streams too. I'm not that invested in Sigi and Hendrik's blablabla anyway. I won't renew my subscription after the Olympics (I also begin to doubt, like Winnie, that I'll get to see the Olympics on the Player)

aynia

On the Ice
I won't renew my subscription after the Olympics (I also begin to doubt, like Winnie, that I'll get to see the Olympics on the Player)

Let's hope for the best. I heard figure skating might also be shown on TLC (free TV, part of eurosport group).

sarama

Medalist
I won't renew my subscription after the Olympics (I also begin to doubt, like Winnie, that I'll get to see the Olympics on the Player)

That's what is driving me crazy... Their coverage right now is a hot mess, and they have said nothing regarding how they will handle the Olympics. Even Ambesi (the Eurosport Ita guy) said he THINKS everything will be accessible via player (but clearly he isn't certain either). And the fact that skating is in the middle of the night in Europe, makes me even more worried

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm so angry at Eurosport right now. Checking the on-demand section there is no E2 Men's LP & Gala. If they at least would offer that after the broadcast. But Eurosport 2 seems completely gone. I have no idea who makes these decisions...honestly, who is responsible for that? It's illogical and as far removed from their paying customers as possible. And this is not only about the 'niche' sport Figure Skating, but the whole channel.

aynia

On the Ice
I'm so angry at Eurosport right now. Checking the on-demand section there is no E2 Men's LP & Gala. If they at least would offer that after the broadcast. But Eurosport 2 seems completely gone. I have no idea who makes these decisions...honestly, who is responsible for that? It's illogical and as far removed from their paying customers as possible. And this is not only about the 'niche' sport Figure Skating, but the whole channel.

But the recording of the live stream without commentary should be there, right? I have to check later but I think I saw those in the on-demand section.