Mexican Skaters | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mexican Skaters

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Donovan looked a bit nervous, and I think opening up in the FS increased the tension, however, he managed to overcome the fall and finish in 22nd place... correction 21nd place (poor Alexei Krasnozhon) :clapper:

Thanks Andrea and Donovan for representing Mexico and all Latin America :agree:

PS: I didn't wake up so much from the European tournament (before 4 am to search for streaming) :bed:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that Donovan Carrillo now has his own Fan Fest thread.

Here is the link:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?71919

All the posts in this Team thread that were specifically about Donovan were moved to the new thread. Posts that also discussed other Mexican skaters were kept here.

A link to Donovan's own thread has also been added to the Original Post of this thread.

Enjoy

CaroLiza_fan

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Sofia Del Rio is competing at the Egna Spring Trophy as a senior this coming week/weekend. Good luck to her.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I know [emoji23] , I am from Monterrey too
Al parecer hay mucha gente de Monterrey! yo también soy de ahi!, it seems there is many people from Monterrey!, I'm from there too lol

This thread is so cool!, I will always support the skaters of my country

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Sofia Del Rio is competing at the Egna Spring Trophy as a senior this coming week/weekend. Good luck to her.

Poor Sofia, her fs wasn´t good :(, she injured her knee, right?, I hope she improves the next season in order to qualify to the Four Continents, she was so close this season and I really like her fs so I also hope she can mantain that program.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Mariah Bell posted a cute video of "late night hip hop" with Andrea Montesinos and Lim Eun-soo.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj87PoJlcOC/?hl=en&taken-by=mariahsk8rbell

WOW! it must be a super experience for Andrea be trained by Rafael Arutunyan and be partner of Mariah Bell, Eunsoo Lim, Marin Honda, Nathan Chen, etc..., I hope she improves a lot next season because in the last one she struggled, maybe because she had just changed her coach or maybe she was trough puberty, whatever it was, I know she will come stronger next season!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU and Donovan CARRILLO will both be competing at JGP Bratislava, August 25-28. :)

And I hope and expect the ISU Junior Grand Prix youtube channel will be broadcasting live again, hopefully with Ted Barton commentating :clap:

Ted :luv17:

Andrea and Sofia in Philadelphia Summer 2018

International competition schedule (as of July 14) in Rink 2:

Friday, August 3:
5:30-6:40 pm – International Ladies SP Competition

Saturday, August 4:
3:35-4:35 pm – International Men SP Competition
4:50-6:10 pm – International Ladies FS Competition

:cheer:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Ted :luv17:

Andrea and Sofia in Philadelphia Summer 2018

International competition schedule (as of July 14) in Rink 2:

Friday, August 3:
5:30-6:40 pm – International Ladies SP Competition

Saturday, August 4:
3:35-4:35 pm – International Men SP Competition
4:50-6:10 pm – International Ladies FS Competition

:cheer:

Could Andrea win a medal? :eek:, or be fourth? I hope she and sofia do well! I also hope there will be videos!. So Donovan Carrillo will not compete after all, I wonder where he will get the minimal score for world and four continents championships, maybe a challenger competition?

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Remember: Andrea Montesinos and Donovan Carrillo will compete in JGP Bratislava (august 23, 24 y 25)
Andrea also appears in the list of participants of 2018 US International FS Classic :eeking: (september 12-16)

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Good luck to both!, I watched the sp competiton today, and it wasn't the best day for they but are getting better points than the last season, Donovan was so brave to try the 3a in the short and it was fully rotated! But lack of speed and he fell, his 3lz-3t looked good and impresed me but the flip was so poorly executed (maybe he was tired), I personally love Andrea sp, I think she has a pretty technique but she needs more consistency because in practice she jumps well but in competition she struggle, however she improved her spins, interpretation and step sequence, the music selection is phenomenal.

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Andrea skated quite well in the FS (I love her elegance and how she is improving her components, there is still work in the jumps but I am sure she will get it, she is a great skater :hap10:)

SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xqKgT8-QDg&t=162s

FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPkIqKWWLhw

In the 2018 JGP Cup of Austria, next week, the name of Ana Cecilia Sydow appears as the female representative of Mexico (I haven't managed to find videos of her, but I wish her luck :agree:) http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03108764.htm

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Eugenia Garza will compete in Richmond Canada from sep 12 to 15, I don´t know who is she but I hope she does well!, there is one spot left for a girl in a jgp I think Andrea should get another one, she is so promising and could improve. It is sad we don´t have another male skater because Mexico still has 4 spots thanks to Donovan, I wonder if he will compete in another jgp

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Eugenia Garza will compete in Richmond Canada from sep 12 to 15, I don´t know who is she but I hope she does well!, there is one spot left for a girl in a jgp I think Andrea should get another one, she is so promising and could improve. It is sad we don´t have another male skater because Mexico still has 4 spots thanks to Donovan, I wonder if he will compete in another jgp

Last interview i saw said he will not because he can't afford to.