Mexican Skaters | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mexican Skaters

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone tell me more about Diego Saldaña, who is listed at Autumn Classic with Donovan? I do not know that name at all.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
I don´t know who is he, but he has competed at ACI in 2016 with low results but damn! he can do a deformation spin!, I didn´t find others competitions where he participated, there is no more information about him. By the way, Why Natalia Paulin, Florencia Calderon or Elisa Yedid didn´t get a spot for this season in junior level?, ana cecilia cidow doesn´t have the same level than them..., Are they going to participate in some minor competition?

TGee

Record Breaker
Dropping in to note that I'm seeing strong representation from Mexico in so many events this season already.

JGP Richmond had Juniors -- and their scores and placements are rising.

Likewise at the US International Classic.

It seems that the federation and coaches are doing what they can to maximize competitive experience at North American events.

And we're seeing the benefits.

It shows how crucial it is to have JGPs and Challenger B events outside of Europe.

I really hope Mexico can get to the point of hosting an ISU invitational. It would really help skating in Mexico. But also in other small federations in the Americas and South East Asia.

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
At the 2018 US International Classic, Andrea beat Issadora Williams (a two-time Olympic skater), and in 2017 Andrea qualified for the Junior World Cup final, so it's no surprise that she has already scored enough to go to 4CC, Bravo Andrea !!! :yahoo:

Mexico hosted JGP (I know because Nathan Chen competed there) but had some problems and was sanctioned by the ISU, for now the Open Mexico is the only event of international stature that keeps :confused2:

TGee

Record Breaker
At the 2018 US International Classic, Andrea beat Issadora Williams (a two-time Olympic skater), and in 2017 Andrea qualified for the Junior World Cup final, so it's no surprise that she has already scored enough to go to 4CC, Bravo Andrea !!! :yahoo:

Mexico hosted JGP (I know because Nathan Chen competed there) but had some problems and was sanctioned by the ISU, for now the Open Mexico is the only event of international stature that keeps :confused2:
Yes, I recall there was an Open held as an ISU invitational, but the scores were never posted. There was, if I have it right, an issue about the rink not falling within the allowed dimensions.

It's tough to make the sport move forward without facilities and events close to home.

There was a good delegation of Mexican skaters at the precompetitive and juvenile level at the Minto Summer Skate in Ottawa Canada in 2017. It seemed like a really great experience for them, but very far from home for skaters at that level.

Ulrica

On the Ice
Today is Andrea's birthday! Since there's no fanfest for her :( I came here to congratulate her

Happy birthday Andrea! :cheer:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
happy birthday to our beautiful and elegant skater Andrea! looking forward to her last jgp competition in Yerevan/Armenia, good luck Andrea!, I love her programs.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Sofia del Rio assignated to compete at tallin trophy from november 26 to december 2, I don´t expect much improvement but I root for her to qualify to the Four Continents Championships, she also will compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb from december 5 to 8 with Andrea Montesinos and Diego Saldaña, I really hope that Andrea improves her score and qualifies to the world championships, I believe in her, she is so talented, I don´t know what happened to her in her last jgp competition, she hasn´t that low level. No competition for Donovan in challenger series but at least he recovered from his injury, so I don´t know where he will compete for get the points for the 4CC competition. By the way I was impresed with what Eugenia Garza did in Richmond Canada in the jgp series, she is so solid and talented, I hope she trains the triples because she has good double jumps ans especially the double axel :love: and not only that, she also has great skating skills and better spins than other skaters that had participated in those competitions, I hope see her more times in the future

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Sofia del Rio assignated to compete at tallin trophy from november 26 to december 2, I don´t expect much improvement but I root for her to qualify to the Four Continents Championships, she also will compete at Golden Spin of Zagreb from december 5 to 8 with Andrea Montesinos and Diego Saldaña, I really hope that Andrea improves her score and qualifies to the world championships, I believe in her, she is so talented, I don´t know what happened to her in her last jgp competition, she hasn´t that low level. No competition for Donovan in challenger series but at least he recovered from his injury, so I don´t know where he will compete for get the points for the 4CC competition. By the way I was impresed with what Eugenia Garza did in Richmond Canada in the jgp series, she is so solid and talented, I hope she trains the triples because she has good double jumps ans especially the double axel :love: and not only that, she also has great skating skills and better spins than other skaters that had participated in those competitions, I hope see her more times in the future

Donovan has his tech minimums for 4CC from last season.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Donovan has his tech minimums for 4CC from last season.

Are we sure on this? Remember they changed the rules this year and you need a higher score than before... i can't recall if i checked on Donovan. I think he still needs the SP for worlds last I saw but not sure about 4CC

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Are we sure on this? Remember they changed the rules this year and you need a higher score than before... i can't recall if i checked on Donovan. I think he still needs the SP for worlds last I saw but not sure about 4CC

Yes, I'm sure. He doesn't have the minimum for the SP at Worlds. He has everything else.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Yes, I'm sure. He doesn't have the minimum for the SP at Worlds. He has everything else.

Well in that case he needs to do his best at 4CC as last year in order to qualify to the senior worlds, the good thing is that the junior world championships will help his to prepare for the senior worlds. He hasn´t landed the triple axel in a competition yet so I want to see it clean, that would be awesome

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Andrea, Sofía and Diego were in GS Zagreb this week, senior event:

Andrea Montesinos (15th) total 134.40, video FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xaShuAFESk (she was alone in Kiss and Cry :shocked: )
Sofía del Río (22th) 123.80, video FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emE2OqQ49FA
Diego Saldaña (24th) 119.63, video SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GcBiKB0wto and FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4MpGGRQeyE

Minimum Technical Element Scores (TES) for 4CC:
Ladies 23 SP and 40 FS: Andrea 25.26 in SP and 47.35 in FS :yahoo: - Sofía 21.57 (in ACI 22.22) and 38.19 in FS :cry:
Men 28 SP and 46 FS: Diego 22.3 TES in SP and 33.02 in FS :cry:

Ulrica

On the Ice
Andrea, Sofia and Donovan are all on the entries list for the Mentor Torun Cup in january :)

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Good luck Andrea, Sofia and Donovan in Mentor Torun Cup :cheer: (Sofia has the opportunity to get the TES needed for 4CC, I thought Diego would try again, what a thrill to see Donovan competing again :yahoo: )

PS: Andrea shared a new year photo on Instagram with Mariah, Romain and Nathan (Team RAF) :luv17:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Yeii!! :yahoo: another competition for Andrea and Sofia, and we will see Donovan again after so much time, sad for Diego Saldaña :( he is a good skater and he should try to get the minimun technical points for 4CC again. Looking forward to see Andrea and Donovan get the minimun TES for worlds and Sofia to get the minimun for 4CC, they can do it, I believe in them. I wonder if there will be videos because is a minor event and I don´t want to miss a clean triple axel by Donovan (if he land one) or a clean performance by Andrea. Anyway, good luck to everyone :hap10:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Poor Sofia :( she started pretty well, pity the fall :hopelessness:

Andrea had to skate in the last group but she WD (in live chat many fans showed concern for her, I want to be optimistic and think that she is thinking about 4CC and junior worlds)

Courage Sofia! :hap10: