Mexican Skaters | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Mexican Skaters

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Andrea doesn´t have the minimum TES in the short program for junior worlds, right? or her scores in senior level also count? could someone explain if she can go to junior worlds this year?, I hope Donovan don't withdraw also, poor Sofia still doesn´t has the minimum TES in the short for 4CC, I hope she do her best in the long program at least

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Andrea doesn´t have the minimum TES in the short program for junior worlds, right? or her scores in senior level also count? could someone explain if she can go to junior worlds this year?, I hope Donovan don't withdraw also, poor Sofia still doesn´t has the minimum TES in the short for 4CC, I hope she do her best in the long program at least

keep the calm :giveup:

2019 Junior Worlds Ladies:
TES SP 23 FS 38
The ISU stipulates that the minimum scores must be achieved at an ISU-recognized junior international competition in the ongoing or preceding season, no later than 21 days before the first official practice day. SP and FS scores may be attained at different events.

Andrea season17/18:
TES SP 24.29 ISU Worlds Junior 2018
TES FS 39.52 ISU JGP Brisbane 2017

And in season 18/19 TES FS 41.14 ISU JGP Bratislava 2018

Andrea appears on the list of 4CC participants, if she participates in Junior Worlds or not it's her decision :confused2:

Suerte en 4CC!!! :hap10:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Today was not a good day for Andrea, but despite the falls she managed to finish the program :clap:

:curse: I feel a little disappointed by negative comments from supposed Latin American fans, Andrea is a great skater :hap10: , it's the first time she participates in 4CC and this is not a tournament less than Europeans (after in SP in 4CC only 4 girls got less than 50 points, in Europeans were 16)

Animo Andrea, eres espectacular!!!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Today was not a good day for Andrea, but despite the falls she managed to finish the program :clap:

:curse: I feel a little disappointed by negative comments from supposed Latin American fans, Andrea is a great skater :hap10: , it's the first time she participates in 4CC and this is not a tournament less than Europeans (after in SP in 4CC only 4 girls got less than 50 points, in Europeans were 16)

Animo Andrea, eres espectacular!!!

I hate so much those "pseudo fans", if you are a really fan of a skater you must support he/she in the best and worst moments, but that's how many fans are here in Mexico, they want super atlates in sports that are relatively new in our country, Andrea is so young she has to learn many things, but calm down people, she just moved to Rafael and she still has to learn another triples, she is also trough puberty changes and compete in an inportant international event like 4cc for the first time must be hard, still she is so talented and still is the best female skater we have with 16 years old. I love her programs, jumps and spins, she needs to improve her consistency but give her time people, god! Oh whatever, good luck in junior world championships Andrea! I hope you can improve your scores in both programs and your position in that competition, grettings from your hometown Monterrey! Eres un orgullo para Monterrey, Mexico y Latinoamerica

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Diego Saldaña appears in the list of Triglav Trophy entries (there are only 4 skaters in the senior men category, including him). Let's hope he participates, seeing the list, on a good day there are chances of a podium :hap10:

http://www.dkjesenice.si/TT/19/

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Well it was obvious that with only three competitors he would get on the podium, but I'm so happy for him, I think he improve her scores but I'm not sure, however an international bronze medal is so amazing for Mexico even if is a minor event, I wish there were videos of his skating to spread more this sport in the country, but whatever, bravo Diego and VIVA MEXICO!

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Andrea just uploaded a new video of her sp at Hielojuegos 2019 (where Donovan is also participating) in her youtube channel after a long long time :yes2:, she did 3S-2T clean, 3F fall (but rotated) and 2A clean :hap10:, she looked so happy at the end, good to see that! I love this program so much :love: it would be great if she keep it for next season. Looking forward to see her upload her long program also in her channel :pray:. This is the best skating i have seen in her short program, if it were done in an international competition I guess she would have got around 47 - 48 points. I wonder why she did the triple flip instead of the lutz :scratch2: but I think she did it to improve that jump in competition. I hope this is finally the first results of training with Rafael Arutunyan with Mariah bell and Marin Honda as partners and friends :bow:. Next season will be interesting to see Andrea improving her programs tecnically and artistically :yes:

by the way, the ice rink is so small, I don´t think it complies with the ISU official measures :palmf:, why the federation doesn´t choose Ice Complex rink in Monterrey city instead, that rink actually has the official measures :confused:, I can´t imagine Donovan doing a triple axel with the dimensions of that rink :rolleye:, anyway I hope he do it great, go Andrea! go Donovan!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Andrea Montesinos appears on the list of JGP Lake Placid, also in ACI and in US International Classic :eeking:

Ana Camila Gonzáles is in te list of entries of JGP Baltic Cup

Good luck Andrea and Ana :cheer:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Eugenia Garza will compete at JGP Zagreb, in my opinion Andrea should have two assigments, she deserves that :disapp:, well at least she will be in two challenger competitions!

junior ladies are competing in the short program right now at jgp lake placid USA, Andrea had already competed and received 50.59 points!, great skate! first mexican lady with over 50 points in the short program, she did a good 3lz-2t combination and 2a but she doubled her planed 3lo and she traveled something in her first spin but other than that it was a great program! even when she looked dissapoint, I hope she had a great free skate where she is better. This is the best short program I have see her doing after so long and I really love it :love:. Go Andrea! :hap57:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Andrea's presentations at JGP Lake Placid :dance2:

SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4oW1IpOkEA

FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKTmJhxq7eg

Jackie Wong's tweets about Mexican skaters were very nice to read :love:

Andrea in ACI 2019

SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYSFyEAp94s

FS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOOnjfoze-Y

Well, she needs TES 29 and 49 in SP and FS if she wants to go to Worlds 2019, she almost gets it in ACI, let's hope for her next competitions (US International and Golden Spin of Zagreb)

I found some videos of the Open Mexican Festival on the Ice Dome Juriquilla Facebook page

:ghug:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
If everything is ok then at this rate she will have the minimun TES for worlds at US classic, I hope so :pray:, by the way she broke her personal best score in sp, fs and overall at ACI even with the conservative judging that competition had with over 52 points in the short program 95 in the free skate and 148 in total! :clap: looking forward to her growth this season that appears is finally her season!, her free skate at ACI was some redemption of what we saw in lake placid, I felt so bad for her after the free skate there but at ACI she looked so happy especially with the short program, good to see that! :)

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Andrea didn´t make a personal best in neither of both programs at us classic but she finished 5th with over 140 points in total :eek:! that's a personal best place in a challenger and the best place a mexican skater have placed in a challenger serie! Hope this place can make her up standings in world ranking, also I hope she can rest a little before her next competition at golden spin in december, she has been competing almost every week since aurora games, she still needs to get the minimum technical score in both programs for worlds but I know she will qualified this year, good job Andrea bravo! :clap:

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Last weekend the Mexican Nationals Champs was held (I knew it would be in November but I got distracted by GP France and Asian Open Trophy :slink: ) some videos of the competition in:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNiFiSyjIj_NYnwX5FClUtw

Donovan and Andrea won in their respective categories (although they didn't achieve clean programs) it was interesting to see that the women's field this year had more participants: Eugenia Garza, Isabella Sydow, Alejandra Osuna, Regina Rodríguez :clap:

apparently only Donovan Carrillo and Rodrigo Herrada competed in the men's category (I missed Diego Saldaña, Eduardo Luna and the other Rodrigo) :scratch2:

Congratulations to the new champions :hap10:

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
CURSE ME! HOW I COULDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT COMPETITION? I LIVE IN MONTERREY AND i WENT THERE SOME TIME BEFORE WITH MY FRIENDS!!!!, I COULD GO THERE, WATCH WITH MY OWN EYES AND SUPPORT ANDREA AND DONOVAN, I COULD MEET THEY AND TAKE SOME PICTURES, VIDEOS AND GIVE THEY SOME GIFTS!! MEET OTHER COMPETITORS FROM MY COUNTRY!, I HATE ME!!! :(:drama::bang:, anyway I can´t longer do something about that :palmf:, well according to the videos both have rough skates :(, in both programs, maybe they felt some pressure for being the best from each category? :shrug:: I hope they learn about this and come better in next competitions, anyway congratulations to the champions :agree:!, its always a pleasure to watch them and enjoy their skating :love:, I'm going to follow closer next competitions, next parade it's Golden Spin of Zagreb where Andrea and maybe Donovan are going to compete, NOW IF YOU ALLOW ME, I'M GOING TO MY CORNER AND START CRYING UNTIL GOLDEN SPIN OF ZAGREB start TOT :cry:, imagine if Rika Kihira comes to my city and I don't know, I would kill myself!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
CURSE ME! HOW I COULDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT COMPETITION? I LIVE IN MONTERREY AND i WENT THERE SOME TIME BEFORE WITH MY FRIENDS!!!!, I COULD GO THERE, WATCH WITH MY OWN EYES AND SUPPORT ANDREA AND DONOVAN, I COULD MEET THEY AND TAKE SOME PICTURES, VIDEOS AND GIVE THEY SOME GIFTS!! MEET OTHER COMPETITORS FROM MY COUNTRY!, I HATE ME!!! :(:drama::bang:, anyway I can´t longer do something about that :palmf:, well according to the videos both have rough skates :(, in both programs, maybe they felt some pressure for being the best from each category? :shrug:: I hope they learn about this and come better in next competitions, anyway congratulations to the champions :agree:!, its always a pleasure to watch them and enjoy their skating :love:, I'm going to follow closer next competitions, next parade it's Golden Spin of Zagreb where Andrea and maybe Donovan are going to compete, NOW IF YOU ALLOW ME, I'M GOING TO MY CORNER AND START CRYING UNTIL GOLDEN SPIN OF ZAGREB start TOT :cry:, imagine if Rika Kihira comes to my city and I don't know, I would kill myself!

:console:

Go Mexican Skaters!!!

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Andrea and Donovan participate this weekend in Golden Spin of Zagreb :hap10:

Andrea SP... :cry:

Go Andrea!!! :cheer: