Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva & Nikita Nazarov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva & Nikita Nazarov

starla16

Medalist
very good skating skills, their expressiveness reminds me of Elena and Nikita
does anyone else think he looks like Adian Pitkeev ?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Yay, they got their 1st JGP victory!! Big congratulations!!

When they where still a new team I already saw that they could become a really really great team and now others should see that also. They looked superb. Loved it.

starla16

Medalist
really good skating skills and flow of movements, they are like blend of chock / bates / and Ilinykh / Katsalapov

The Finn

Record Breaker
It looks like their 2nd JGP event will be JGP Czech Skate.

At the moment Diana Davis & Gleb Smolkin is the other assigned team but I doubt they will be able to keep that spot.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Why do you think that?

Well, there are couple of things. First of all this team would be the 9th team to get their 1st JGP event and if at least six out of the eight teams who will skate before them will medal then there should be little chance that they can keep that spot. And honestly there might be more than six medaling teams out of those eight teams because there are four medaling teams already and four teams yet to skate. Previously in ice dancing bronze has been enough for the 2nd JGP event.

Secondly, I am not convinced that D/S would even be the 9th team to get their 1st event even if other teams would fail and Fed would want to give 9th team their 1st JGP event. If that would happen then I think Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy would likely replace them because they were assigned to JGP Canada but then they were replaced by Ivanenko/Karpov because Ivanenko/Karpov lost their original assignment (JGP Slovakia) to Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov. So, I think that based on test skate event T/S are placed above D/S on the Fed's list. However, both teams will skate at the Open Championships of Moscow tomorrow and it might very well be that who ever does better there will get to keep that spot, at least for now.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Well, there are couple of things. First of all this team would be the 9th team to get their 1st JGP event and if at least six out of the eight teams who will skate before them will medal then there should be little chance that they can keep that spot. And honestly there might be more than six medaling teams out of those eight teams because there are four medaling teams already and four teams yet to skate. Previously in ice dancing bronze has been enough for the 2nd JGP event.

Secondly, I am not convinced that D/S would even be the 9th team to get their 1st event even if other teams would fail and Fed would want to give 9th team their 1st JGP event. If that would happen then I think Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy would likely replace them because they were assigned to JGP Canada but then they were replaced by Ivanenko/Karpov because Ivanenko/Karpov lost their original assignment (JGP Slovakia) to Khudaiberdieva/Nazarov. So, I think that based on test skate event T/S are placed above D/S on the Fed's list. However, both teams will skate at the Open Championships of Moscow tomorrow and it might very well be that who ever does better there will get to keep that spot, at least for now.
Thank you for your answer! :thank:

The Finn

Record Breaker

I will mention here that Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy beat Davis / Smolkin at the Open Championships of Moscow by about 9 or 10 points. The link below has their RD and FD videos.

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...oung-Skaters&p=2172652&viewfull=1#post2172652

I wish Russia would have spot(s) to give Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy JGP event(s) already this season because they are really good but sadly they will most likely have to wait one more season.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wish Russia would have spot(s) to give Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy JGP event(s) already this season because they are really good but sadly they will most likely have to wait one more season.

Now that it seems that Andreeva / Desyatov aren't medaling in Lithuania this might open up some door for Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy to get JGP event. Obviously we will have wait and see not only how Andreeva / Desyatov will do in FD but also how Ivanenko / Karpov will do in JGP Canada. In most likely scenario Russia will have at least six medalist after 4 JGP events but who knows maybe Russian Fed will prefer giving Tyutyunina / Shustitskiy their 1st event rather than to giving Kuts / Mikhailov their 2nd event. It is not like K/M have real chances to make it to the JGP Final even though in theory they could.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I don't see any costume failure :scratch2:

I didn't see it either but if it was some small piece you might not be able to see it on TV. But as some might remember Tarasova/Morozov got costume failure deduction in senior Worlds a few years ago and they later confirmed that the claimed piece that caused the deduction wasn't from their costume but from one of the earlier pairs, so, apparently this kind of thing also happens.

Lana05

Final Flight
Yay! They qualified with 2 gold medals for the 1st time for the Final! :yahoo: :love: :dance:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Does this mean that they've also qualified to senior Russian nationals, or is that only for singles?

Lana05

Final Flight
Does this mean that they've also qualified to senior Russian nationals, or is that only for singles?

I think no because junors and seniors have different dances and elements so it's too difficult to practise both of them during a year. This year RD for senior is tango-romance while for juniors it's Argentinian tango. I doubt that Liza and Nikita has learnt and prepared 2 comletely different programs for a season.

The Finn

Record Breaker

Junior ice dance teams practically never skate at the senior championships but pairs do. All 5 pairs who have qualified for the JGP Final could very well skate at the senior championships.

laiyamanika

On the Ice
Congratulations on their spot to the JGPF! :hap10:

Elizaveta reminds me of Elena Ilinykh. She's very expressive especially in the RD. I couldn't keep my eyes away from her.