Alena Kostornaia | Page 180 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Batsuchan

Medalist

I feel like she's getting more and more comfortable doing interviews in English! :agree:

Well, the ladies FS starts in about an hour, and Aliona apparently had a very good practice and a clean run-through today!! :yes2:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5x1POTpZCr/

Hopefully she can carry that feeling into the FS, and like she said in her interview, ENJOY her program! :yes:

It's time for our vampire to SLAAAAYYY!!

GOO ALIONA GOOOOOO!! :hap10: :hap10: :hap10:

Batsuchan

Medalist

I have to admit, this might have been my favorite moment of the entire competition! :biggrin:
She had a little red stain under her lip from the candy, and it looked like blood--very appropriate for a vampire!! :rofl:

Well, what is there to say??

CONGRATS DARLING ALIONA ON WINNING BACK-TO-BACK JGPF/GPF TITLES AND SETTING A NEW WORLD RECORD TOTAL SCORE!!! :yahoo:
:hap57:
Congrats on doing 3 clean triple axels in a single competition!! :yes2:
Congrats on setting new PB scores in both the SP and FS! :cheer2:

I hope she was able to enjoy herself out there! :yes:

I have to admit that Aliona looked a little slower than usual both in the SP and FS--she got a little behind the music today and that might be why she only got level 3 for her step sequence. She's probably feeling a bit fatigued since there were only 2 weeks between NHK Trophy and GPF. :yes: I hope she parties hard today and tomorrow and then has a nice good rest before gearing up again for Nationals! :agree:

Adorable interview:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5yV_2xJioZ/ :love:

SkateSkates

Medalist
Congrats to Aliona for skating both programs clean and also joining the elite group of skaters to land 3 triple axels across 1 competition!

I do admit she seemed a bit tentative/slower than usual out there today. I hope nothing is wrong (she makes me so nervous after last years injury) and she was just maybe skating a bit conservatively to not make mistakes?

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Can Alyona be World Champ 2020? I'm excited to see it. She and Rika give me hope for figure skating because they have the technical goods and the artistry to boot.

I wish she'd try other choreographers. I think Shae Lynn or Tom Dickson could do wonders to her and as much as David Wilson's works are "fit for Yuna", i think he can make something awesome for Alyona. Perhaps something as awesome as Danse Macabre. This girl's future is bright!

ragdoll

On the Ice
She can definitely become world champion this season. She can't beat a clean Trusova technically but she is miles ahead in the presentation/artistry department and that is her strength. She is very young and I hope to see her develop her artistry even further.

Azikin

Medalist
Incredibly happy for Alenka.. I still can't believe she beat quadsters.. simply amazing.. :yahoo::thank:

rhettrhett

Rinkside
I feel so grateful to have been lucky enough to see ALL of the ladies last night. What a competition! That said, Alena was just stunning. She is so quick on the ice and her movements are so crisp. The floating quality of her skating is very evident live. She is a star for sure!