Alena Kostornaia | Page 230 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
And Alyona's English is getter better and better. She looked gorgeous for the occasion too, well done :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alyona was so adorable during the stream. She deserved that title so much!

Her English is getting better too. And I loved her wide eyes of surprise when she realised she‘d won. :luv17:

I miss her and her skating so much. That clip yesterday wasn‘t enough. :laugh: :sad21:

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States

It’s a great color but it reminds me of Alysa Liu too much or I’d totally agree with you. Although I’m trying to think of a color scheme that’s elegant but still fits the Billie Eilish image? Very difficult costuming process coming up for Olga. 😂

Also congratulations to Aliona for best newcomer. I haven’t watched the stream but I wonder if it was awkward between her and Sasha? I think given her victories everyone knew Aliona would win, but still may be uncomfortable for Sasha given that she left Eteri and had a season she wasn’t hoping for.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Also congratulations to Aliona for best newcomer. I haven’t watched the stream but I wonder if it was awkward between her and Sasha? I think given her victories everyone knew Aliona would win, but still may be uncomfortable for Sasha given that she left Eteri and had a season she wasn’t hoping for.

I only watched a few clips but it didn‘t seem to awkward to me. Aliona looked very surprised at winning, maybe she thought Sasha and her many records would get the award. And I‘m not too sure everybody knew Aliona would win either. She definitely has the most victories this season and holds the total and SP world record but Sasha has made history a few times, for example with the 4F, three/four quad routine and stuff like that. It could have gone either way and I think both knew it. I‘m very happy for Aliona, though. She deserves it. :)

icybear

Medalist
Imo the thing that will really make or break this performance will be her dress. I kind of hope it’s not super dark or black. Something similar to the muted purple and blue tones in the lovely music video would suit her better, I think. Billie Eilish seems to be known for her neons, and I don’t want that to make an appearance on Aliona either, re the Matrix from Kaori.

Something floaty and dreamy but with a hint of darkness cause the lyrics is kinda depressing.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Billie Eilish? Seriously? Oh no, oh no, oh no.... at least it's not the whole program, that would be unbearable... but still a serious disappointment....

I share your feelings, but unfortunately music taste of the young girls (and Aliona is obviously happy with the choice, if she didn't wish it directly) is different from mine. But as was said, Twilight didn't seem to be a good idea but at the end it turned to be a good program for Aliona.

SXTN

Final Flight
Billie Eilish? Seriously? Oh no, oh no, oh no.... at least it's not the whole program, that would be unbearable... but still a serious disappointment....

If she is into modern music and programs, it's fine. She has to skate the program for a whole season, not her coaches or fans. ;)

And I like that she is one of the few Eteri skaters who participates more in choosing music and programs.

macy

Record Breaker

i don't like Billie's music either (like at all...bad guy is ok but the rest is a solid no) but i didn't listen to this song until the program announcement and it really is beautiful. i can see her skating to it easily, its definitely program material. give it a listen if you haven't yet.

also, she is using 3 different pieces of the song for the whole program. the first is a more classical piece, 2nd is the normal song, 3rd is the piece heard in the clip. i think it's going to come together nicely, i just hope the music cuts flow better than twilight.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Good choice of music for her. Billie is one of the defining artists of Aliona’s generation so it is a fitting and clever choice. The three versions add a sense depth and timeliness to the song. The classical piece is so much like music I thought would be good for her this season so I am happy... bet she turns it into something riveting and iconic!! She is growing with her music - Twilight suited the younger Aliona... this is more edgy, romantic in a dark way and totally suitable. Can’t wait to see it performed. :luv17: