Alena Kostornaia | Page 152 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

macy

Record Breaker
For those wondering, I believe Olga Ryabenko did Alyona's dresses again this year. She hasn't updated her Instagram in a while, but Alyona just wished her a happy birthday using photos of costumes Olga has (presumably) designed for her.

yes she did, Olga posted pictures & drawings on instagram today of Aliona's, Alina's, Sasha's and Anna's dresses. there were more but i'm not sure whose they were.

magdalena

On the Ice
yes she did, Olga posted pictures & drawings on instagram today of Aliona's, Alina's, Sasha's and Anna's dresses. there were more but i'm not sure whose they were.
Aliona posted on her IG Story Birthday wishes for Olga with dresses from this season
71573682_857746474622934_3875509484617896030_n.jpg

BTW Anna FS dress(es) was designed by Milena Bobkova

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Adam Rippon talked about Alyona in his interview with TSL today. He saw her live at Finlandia Trophy, as some may have seen from his tweets, and he said she is one of the best skaters he's seen in his entire life.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Adam Rippon talked about Alyona in his interview with TSL today. He saw her live at Finlandia Trophy, as some may have seen from his tweets, and he said she is one of the best skaters he's seen in his entire life.

He said he would throw himself under a bus for Alena [emoji23][emoji23]

SkateSkates

Medalist
I hope Aliona’s training is going well since Finlandia and that she can work to add in the 3A other SP! I can’t wait to see her 1tv feature hopefully next week before IDF. I’m gonna assume it includes horses again 😂

coppertop1

On the Ice
Alena is definitely my favourite of all the Russian Career Tributes. She's captivating to watch, and has two triple Axels to boot. Some don't care for her free skate but I don't mind it. She really sells it. I can't wait to see more of her.

Imagine

Medalist
She sells the FS well, but it’s very apparent that the program is a waste of her talent. Her skating is just so much better than the program. Even with last year’s poorly cut abomination of a R&J program, she was able to will it into something beautiful through her performances abilities. It’s a bit frustrating as her SP is destined to go down as one of the greatest masterpieces in skating history.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Ted said some really nice things about Aliona’s skating skills and refinement on the skate Canada practice live stream today :)

Arbitrary

Medalist
Alena is 16yo only and not every "personal" remark may be considered legal in some countries.
Same correct for many other youngsters here and in the male skaters/pairs/dance fan forum.

silveruskate

On the Ice
Very nice words for Alyona from the Skate Canada practice commentstors. It seems like within the figure skating community she is already being appreciated as a skater very well. (Not to be so competition minded but hopefully it also boosts her reputation even more.)

Is there a consensus on whether to use Alena/Aliona/Alyona? I always change in between but I think I should stick to one!

SkateSkates

Medalist
Very nice words for Alyona from the Skate Canada practice commentstors. It seems like within the figure skating community she is already being appreciated as a skater very well. (Not to be so competition minded but hopefully it also boosts her reputation even more.)

Is there a consensus on whether to use Alena/Aliona/Alyona? I always change in between but I think I should stick to one!

On ISU her name still appears as Alena but she changed her name on Instagram to Aliona and says she prefers that spelling so I’ve been trying to use Aliona ever since then.

silveruskate

On the Ice
On ISU her name still appears as Alena but she changed her name on Instagram to Aliona and says she prefers that spelling so I’ve been trying to use Aliona ever since then.

I really hope ISU can be requested to change it also, and if they could rename the past youtube videos of her performances it would be so kind and helpful. Maybe from next season but sooner would be better!