Alena Kostornaia | Page 210 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Vemvane

On the Ice
And Aliona got her horses visit
https://youtu.be/F_PTzHGEka4?t=925
Delighted and delightful :love:

Ahh, she got to see Dubovina's filly at Piber, when she was just two or three days old! So happy she had her visit to the Lipizzaners after all - she looks so delighted to be there. The little foal definitely thwarted her desire to pet her, though; she clearly needs to come meet my little gang of mares and foals, as the current foal is a cuddlebug who loves attention, and would have been so happy to be the centre of attention. :biggrin:

Vemvane

On the Ice

She's a neat little rider. Just needs to relax a little more in her ankles, I guess, and she'll sit that canter beautifully. (Look at me, doling out judgement and unsolicited advice from a short clip on instagram!) It is nice to see that she has interests and a life outside skating; the horses are a relief from pressure, I would imagine. Thank you for sharing these, McBibus!

macy

Record Breaker
anyone think we will see a 4S attempt at worlds? she hinted at it once or twice before.

SkateSkates

Medalist
anyone think we will see a 4S attempt at worlds? she hinted at it once or twice before.

Although I would love to see her 4S I doubt the first time she ever attempts it would be at worlds. Unless it has suddenly become super consistent and she’s able to land it in the program without it affecting the rest of her elements I don’t think we will see it this season. Of course I hope to see a video of it in practice soon to know the status and progress on the jump!

macy

Record Breaker
Although I would love to see her 4S I doubt the first time she ever attempts it would be at worlds. Unless it has suddenly become super consistent and she’s able to land it in the program without it affecting the rest of her elements I don’t think we will see it this season. Of course I hope to see a video of it in practice soon to know the status and progress on the jump!

agree- i would rather her go for what she is confident in at worlds and drill the sal over the summer and debut it next season if it's ready.

i can imagine since she has a solid 3A a quad is not far behind at all.

McBibus

On the Ice

I would love to see some practice.
I'm very curious about it, not just Aliona but all the team including the now mytological Fedotov :biggrin:

Not the usual 3 minutes tv service where you see nothing, but a full traning session.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the show tonight at 19:00 Moscow time?

SkateSkates

Medalist
I would love to see some practice.
I'm very curious about it, not just Aliona but all the team including the now mytological Fedotov :biggrin:

Not the usual 3 minutes tv service where you see nothing, but a full traning session.

- - - Updated - - -

Is the show tonight at 19:00 Moscow time?

Yes and Edwin posted a YouTube link in The Russian ladies thread: https://youtu.be/HFi7NNi6NEE

Hopefully it’s not geo blocked!

SXTN

Final Flight

I don't think so because Worlds is in Canada with smaller rinks. She is probably preparing for that most of the training time and is moving her jumps away from the corners or getting adjusted to shorter entrances.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It was interesting to see the vampire costume with Adios Nonino... She almost looked surprised when the music started playing. I'm wondering if there was some misunderstanding and she wasn't supposed to perform it.

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Aliona performing at the "Road to Victory" show :luv17:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWXR1WqAWNI

She looked sad at the end of her performance, probably because of the fall (I hope not because she got injured). I'd really love to tell her that we love her perfectionism, but to err is human and it's not the end of the world if she makes mistakes sometimes, especially during a show... She was beautiful and we loved every bit of her performance! :)

Vemvane

On the Ice
Thank you for sharing the link to Aliona's skate. The start was a little odd; she didn't seem to be expecting it, and I can't remember now if Adios Nonino began at the side of the rink, like the Twilight exhibition skate. It was a lovely performance as always, though that fall seemed a hard one. I hope she didn't hurt herself!

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thank you for sharing the link to Aliona's skate. The start was a little odd; she didn't seem to be expecting it, and I can't remember now if Adios Nonino began at the side of the rink, like the Twilight exhibition skate. It was a lovely performance as always, though that fall seemed a hard one. I hope she didn't hurt herself!

I've only ever seen Adios Nonino start at the center of the rink. It seemed odd to me too.