Alena Kostornaia | Page 228 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Orlov

Medalist
Alyona as usual :biggrin:

Alyona's t-shirt says - "cheeks are a style" :laugh:

I am not sure of my quality of translation of an ironic aphorism, so I will explain just in case - this is a self-ironic inscription in the style of Cartman's - "I'm not fat, I'm big boned!", kind of - "you don't understand, I have fat cheeks because this is a new style!" (Those of Russian speakers who speak English well, please explain whether this "direct" translation that I made is correct?)

Vemvane

On the Ice
I actually really like that 3A + 2T - that extension on landing is so gorgeous! Wouldn't mind seeing more combinations jumped like that! Is there a penalty for a perceived delay between two elements of a combination?

Fluture

Record Breaker
I actually really like that 3A + 2T - that extension on landing is so gorgeous! Wouldn't mind seeing more combinations jumped like that! Is there a penalty for a perceived delay between two elements of a combination?

Agree on the extension but to me it still just looks “wrong“ somehow, my mind was immediately going: “ooh, she forgot the 2T“. Maybe because I‘m not used to seeing combinations jumped like that.

I also don‘t think there‘s a specific penalty but I can imagine that it might result in lower GOE? “effortless throughout (including rhythm in Jump combination)“ is a GOE bullet, so I guess one could argue that the delay made the whole combination seem less effortless as a whole. I‘m not sure I‘d necessarily agree with it but that‘s the only thing I found. :think:

macy

Record Breaker
Agree on the extension but to me it still just looks “wrong“ somehow, my mind was immediately going: “ooh, she forgot the 2T“. Maybe because I‘m not used to seeing combinations jumped like that.

I also don‘t think there‘s a specific penalty but I can imagine that it might result in lower GOE? “effortless throughout (including rhythm in Jump combination)“ is a GOE bullet, so I guess one could argue that the delay made the whole combination seem less effortless as a whole. I‘m not sure I‘d necessarily agree with it but that‘s the only thing I found. :think:

yeah this was an oopsies. skaters land jumps "checked" if theyre going to do the combo, it must have slipped her mind at the last second.

Vemvane

On the Ice

yeah this was an oopsies. skaters land jumps "checked" if theyre going to do the combo, it must have slipped her mind at the last second.

Thank you both for the information!

macy

Record Breaker
i love that video with Hanyu, it showcases both of their goofy personalities!

Aliona was like

w a t

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Gotta say it, Yuzuru clearly likes girls from Team Tutberidze, hehe, especially the trio :)
I think despite being so young, they’re all very intriguing for the whole skating community. They’re like Avengers or something. :D
brave, confident, bright personalities, they go to competitions like they own the place! even though they’re so young and just debuted. Kind of incredible that even the king #thegoat is so fascinated by them.