Alena Kostornaia | Page 126 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don‘t know if this has been shared yet but here is a fanmade video of Aliona skating to her planned FS music.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzlUZAnpeQQ/?igshid=22hwqbuxizu2

I also hope she‘ll use it one day. It‘s beautiful and in my opinion, would have been exactly her style. But whatever works best for her, she should do. :)

I love this music and it would be perfect for. But Alena doesn't want to be seen just as this beautiful skater angel. She wants to do something different a little rebellious probably and there we have the twilight music. It will work out fine because she's such a beautiful skater with great skating skills. my main hope for her is that she's healthy in her debut senior season. The rest will take care of itself.

MarinHondas

Final Flight

Batsuchan

Medalist
Aliona and Daria horseback riding on their day off

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0LeQpipTyt/?igshid=1uq3xpm81m2wb

I’m glad Aliona can have such a close friend in Daria who knows what she’s going through as a skater but isn’t a direct competitor since they are in different disciplines. And they will be at IDF together for Aliona’s first GP!

Aww, that's so sweet that they rode horses together! :luv17:

I'm also glad they'll be together at IDF (and hopefully again at GPF!!) :agree:

So one of the Russian fan accounts says that Aliona will participate in the Lombardia Trophy and the Ice Star Trophy:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0MYjVTI1D8/

Not sure what the source is for this information though, and I guess the assignments are subject to change...
It will be good for Aliona to do some Senior B events to help raise her World standing (and hopefully her PCS too). :yes:

SkateSkates

Medalist
Aww, that's so sweet that they rode horses together! :luv17:

I'm also glad they'll be together at IDF (and hopefully again at GPF!!) :agree:

So one of the Russian fan accounts says that Aliona will participate in the Lombardia Trophy and the Ice Star Trophy:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0MYjVTI1D8/

Not sure what the source is for this information though, and I guess the assignments are subject to change...
It will be good for Aliona to do some Senior B events to help raise her World standing (and hopefully her PCS too). :yes:

I saw that post about preliminary assignments but I am not sure if it’s true. I haven’t seen anything published on the ISU site, the Russian Fed site, or the websites of the host federations of those comps.

I’m sure she (and all the girls) will do at least one Challenger as a warm up event before the GPs, and the Minsk event would make sense timing wise being a couple of weeks before IDF, but no official lists have been published online as of yet. If she is still recovering from injury, I don’t think it would make sense for her to do Lombardia, one of the first events, right after test skates. Plus, Liza announced she wants to start her season there again, so I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Liza and Sofia there. But then again, who knows.

Hopefully we will start to learn of assignments in the coming weeks.

Azikin

Medalist
Well my hopes are that she would come to Bratislava, where I could come see her... after I narrowly missed her last year in Ostrava...

SkateSkates

Medalist
Well my hopes are that she would come to Bratislava, where I could come see her... after I narrowly missed her last year in Ostrava...

She very well could be assigned there! I just don’t think we will know for a bit longer

I think the source of this information is a tweet - the account is the same one which reported the GP assignments would be delayed, which ended up being false. Maybe these assignments are real and the account does have insider information, but I’m not sure so I’m going to wait for official confirmation before getting excited about her assignments.

ruga

Final Flight
I wouldn't believe challenger rumours right now. We had news that assignments will be delayed and that Konstantinova and Aliona will be at Japan Open. Also, it's still very early to decide challengers and if they're decided, how did they find out? Hacked into Eteri's phone? Though if it's true I'd be more than happy to see Aliona in two early competitions.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I wouldn't believe challenger rumours right now. We had news that assignments will be delayed and that Konstantinova and Aliona will be at Japan Open. Also, it's still very early to decide challengers and if they're decided, how did they find out? Hacked into Eteri's phone? Though if it's true I'd me more than happy to see Aliona in two early competitions.

Agree. I don’t think that person is a reliable source - I think it’s just conjecture on their part. I don’t think we will know about challengers for another month. If I remember correctly the entries are usually only published a couple of weeks in advance.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Agree. I don’t think that person is a reliable source - I think it’s just conjecture on their part. I don’t think we will know about challengers for another month. If I remember correctly the entries are usually only published a couple of weeks in advance.

Though Liza T. has already said that she's going to Lombardia, so it's possible Eteri & team have already decided which events her skaters should go to... But I agree that the source is questionable. :unsure:

Some fun links:

An assessment of the Russian junior ladies' skating skills--no surprise that Aliona comes out on top! :agree:
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/ternovblogfk/2518250.html

And someone pointed this out on Japanese Twitter. On the ISU Junior Grand Prix channel, there is a listing of the top 10 most popular videos from 2018:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuB703eaMDlLbNMQgpqCAJLZ3W14piFdX

Not only do Aliona's performances occupy the top 3 spots, but SIX of her videos are in the top 10 (i.e., all of her JGP performances)!! :eek: :biggrin:
Yep, our vampire angel is very popular! :love:

SkateSkates

Medalist
So Daniil just posted a clip of Alena’s program for next season and the music is The Meadow from the Twilight New Moon soundtrack. It is a beautiful piano piece, but now I am confused. Is this the SP? Or did they add this to the existing songs for the LP? Or did they keep the twilight theme for the LP and change to this music altogether? Hopefully we get an announcement soon.

The music suits her very well, but if it is the beginning of the LP and then transitions into Eyes on Fire and Super Massive Black Hole, I’m not sure how it will work together.

Or maybe she is doing twilight for both programs 🤣

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
So Daniil just posted a clip of Alena’s program for next season and the music is The Meadow from the Twilight New Moon soundtrack. It is a beautiful piano piece, but now I am confused. Is this the SP? Or did they add this to the existing songs for the LP? Or did they keep the twilight theme for the LP and change to this music altogether? Hopefully we get an announcement soon.

The music suits her very well, but if it is the beginning of the LP and then transitions into Eyes on Fire and Super Massive Black Hole, I’m not sure how it will work together.

Or maybe she is doing twilight for both programs 🤣

It is the FS

macy

Record Breaker

Or maybe she is doing twilight for both programs ��

if she changed the music to more lyrical pieces from twilight, i think the program could be really beautiful and lyrical. a lot of the piano pieces like bella's lullaby are great. i'm hoping she went more this direction than muse/eyes on fire since it fits her strengths more.

SkateSkates

Medalist
if she changed the music to more lyrical pieces from twilight, i think the program could be really beautiful and lyrical. a lot of the piano pieces like bella's lullaby are great. i'm hoping she went more this direction than muse/eyes on fire since it fits her strengths more.

I would love it if she used the lyrical pieces from twilight. Especially the new moon soundtrack- Desplat is the perfect match for Alena’s skating. I do like her expanding her range and trying something new, though, but I am overall confused by her program announcements this off season. It seems like they announced the music before making the program, which ended up changing? Maybe next time they should wait until they have set the program and run through it a couple of times so they know it will work for the skater.

Hoping we get some clarity soon on what’s going on.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Alena is going to keep her short program from last season. I have to say I am a little bit disappointed.
Is the Kostornaya Team Instagram account the source for this? I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, but that account has consistently reported information without any factual support.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Is the Kostornaya Team Instagram account the source for this? I wouldn't be surprised if it's true, but that account has consistently reported information without any factual support.

Alena answered the poll on an Instagram story from the account alenura.mp4 so that’s the source, but she hasn’t actually confirmed it with a post on Instagram. So it may be accurate information, but I’m going to wait until we hear it from Alena/Team Tutberidze/official documents (ISU, RusFed, etc)

She also hasn’t confirmed all the music for the LP - we see it starts with the meadow, but does it still transition into the other songs from her EX?

If it is true about the angel program, I hope she at least gets a new dress so it feels fresh. Although I love the old one I think if she’s keeping the program she should change up the costume so it doesn’t feel stale.