Alena Kostornaia | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
She is very special. A beautiful, soulful skater with exquisite musicality. I love that she holds her moves and cares about her choreography. I can only wish she could have her programs made by a true great choreographer next year.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
She is very special. A beautiful, soulful skater with exquisite musicality. I love that she holds her moves and cares about her choreography. I can only wish she could have her programs made by a true great choreographer next year.

Nobody will spend money on choreo for junior program. It could be expected for her first senior year.

Kara

Final Flight
A lot of people seem to diss her choreography, but I really, really love the SP? She's so close to Daniil that it just feels right and you can't deny the advantage of having the choreographer always there with you. She feels the music so well and the ina bauer into the 2A and the transition out is just such a moment. I honestly can't stop replaying her performances. She can make anything work.:love:

atsumiri

Record Breaker

Daniil is the true great choreographer. Already one of the best choreographers of the world.
These Alena's programs and Evgenia's AK are the top class programs.
His programs style is very different and totally unique.- it's WOOW factors.
Nastya's T programs totally wild, 4 Seasons, Adios Ninos, Black Swan/Moonlight. nothing mediocre.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
New fan of Alena here after watching her programs at Jr Worlds! They way she feels the music and the attention she seems to put to her steps is beautiful, aside from her jumps which are great. I hope she can keep growing and improving to a successful senior career later on :hap93:

madison

Record Breaker
Daniil is the true great choreographer. Already one of the best choreographers of the world.
Nastya's T programs totally wild, 4 Seasons, Adios Ninos, Black Swan/Moonlight. nothing mediocre.

I totally agree. He certainly did a great job with all these programs. And he is so young...:rolleye:
I look forward to seeing his future programs.

LadyB

Record Breaker

I totally agree. He certainly did a great job with all these programs. And he is so young...:rolleye:
I look forward to seeing his future programs.

I'm absolutely on board! He's done a fabulous job with the entire Youth Squad at Sambo 70 and, I think it was last year, he got a special certificate from the Ministry of Sports for his work with the kids. This year he was very focused on Alina and Zhenya, which is understandable. I hope he'll get involved with the boys again, they need a bit of spice.
I also find it is important that he is pretty much always around, he used to be choreographer and 'big brother' in one person. I watched him with the youngsters at Rostelecom 2016, you could feel the chemistry between them and him. Probably because he is so young himself, he can relay to the them.
Looking forward to the next great things to come. :clap:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I appreciate Daniil's work too. Why he shouldn't be considered "a true great choreographer"? But there is a lot of work before him for the next season with so many great skaters in Sambo 70.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/364...tvernoj-i-gotov-nado-li-ego-ostanavlivat.html

-- Алена Косторная?

-- Алена очень хорошая девочка. И внутри этой маленькой миленькой девочки сидит чертенок. Чертенок-чертенок. Маленькая стервочка. Но это здорово! Я очень люблю такой характер. Потому что люди с таким характером – живые. Ты видишь, что человек радуется, расстраивается, переживает. Он передает свои эмоции. И когда он катает свои программы, ты веришь тому, что он показывает на льду, потому что все это искренне.

Daniil called her "a little imp" and "a little b!tch" :laugh:

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Something about Alena jumping quads and a 3A makes me nervous. Not that I doubt she could do them - I'm sure she can with the training. I guess I'd rather see her continue to develop her artistry (and work on that lutz) rather than go all in to learn the most difficult technical elements. She's definitely an ambitious girl though, with a fire to be the best, and I think she'll do what she thinks she needs to do to chase down Sasha.

madison

Record Breaker

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Daniil is using some daring words here, not the most appropriate for an official interview, i'd say...

He is not. It's hard to translate these words. But in this case the meaning for both "чертёнок (a little imp)" and "стервочка (a little b!tch)" is "peppy & free spirit". Next he says that he likes such people, they are fully fair and you can trust to their emotions for 100%.