Alena Kostornaia | Page 196 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Annayelly

Spectator
Re interviews, there was an eighteen minute long interview with Aliona released on 1tv's YouTube channel back at the end of October (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjr78-7vcEM&), but I don't know if it's the one you're looking for, Annayelly. Also, welcome to Aliona's fanfest![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the welcome! I can’t believe I found out this place so late lol Looking forward to ‘brag about’ our Aliona with the people here. But no that’s not the interview I am talking about.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B59bfYOokgj/?igshid=x076nf0p4qxy
(I don’t know how to insert Instagram post so I will just leave the link here)
Here is the teaser for the interview I am talking about, haven’t heard anything afterwards.

(And apparently I didn’t get the quote right either lol)

McBibus

On the Ice
Thank you for the welcome! I can’t believe I found out this place so late lol Looking forward to ‘brag about’ our Aliona with the people here. But no that’s not the interview I am talking about.

Here is the teaser for the interview I am talking about, haven’t heard anything afterwards.

Welcome Anna.
That preview you linked is around from some time, yet I could never find a full version.
It's a pity 'cause Aliona seems relaxed and free. More herself than the version we see in crowded press conferences with standard unpersonal questions.

Batsuchan

Medalist

Welcome Annayelly! Post long and often! :biggrin:

I am also very disappointed that Channel 1 hasn't aired that special with Aliona! :devil:
It looked like Aliona showed more of her fun and devilish charm! :yes:

I still have my fingers crossed that we'll see it sometime! :pray:
Maybe before the Ladies SP at Euros?
Speaking of Euros!

As SkateSkates pointed out, practice starts tomorrow!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7ftRdOj_mY/

But I'm not sure the Russian ladies will show up tomorrow...Maybe later in the week? :confused:

I wonder if we'll see that 4S in practice... But I think Aliona would only do it in practice if she's doing it in her FS, so maybe we won't see it this time. But who knows? :biggrin:

SkateSkates

Medalist
Welcome Annayelly! Post long and often! :biggrin:

I am also very disappointed that Channel 1 hasn't aired that special with Aliona! :devil:
It looked like Aliona showed more of her fun and devilish charm! :yes:

I still have my fingers crossed that we'll see it sometime! :pray:
Maybe before the Ladies SP at Euros?
Speaking of Euros!

But I'm not sure the Russian ladies will show up tomorrow...Maybe later in the week? :confused:

I wonder if we'll see that 4S in practice... But I think Aliona would only do it in practice if she's doing it in her FS, so maybe we won't see it this time. But who knows? :biggrin:

The practice schedule is really not good for the ladies at all. As I mentioned before if they don’t arrive until later this week they don’t even get to practice on the main rink before the 6 min warmup during the SP. it’s making me nervous for how it will affect Aliona and all the competitors. I guess we will find out soon enough what decision they made about practices. I would assume we won’t see them Monday but maybe Tuesday at the earliest if they want to get time on the main rink?

Vemvane

On the Ice
Speaking of Euros!

I'm torn between wanting to see the 4S this season, and wanting her to play it safe, and retain her reputation for consistent, secure jumps. I know she and her team will do whatever is best for her, but I still feel nerves about whichever route she takes. I suppose we may have some indication of what is to come at practice.

Oh wow! That dress looks good in red. I might even prefer it to the blue!

The practice schedule is really not good for the ladies at all. As I mentioned before if they don’t arrive until later this week they don’t even get to practice on the main rink before the 6 min warmup during the SP. it’s making me nervous for how it will affect Aliona and all the competitors. I guess we will find out soon enough what decision they made about practices. I would assume we won’t see them Monday but maybe Tuesday at the earliest if they want to get time on the main rink?

The practice schedule sounds very odd. I hope that whatever decision they make, it turns out for the best. I would love to see Aliona at practice today or tomorrow, because getting used to the rink before the SP warmup seems a good idea, buuut I have no clue how to prepare for an ice skating competition, and Team Tutberidze certainly does.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I think the team prefers to train at the home rink for as long as possible, only arriving in Graz when official timed practices start.

No need to run a risk of collision with other skaters with less experience.

The conditions at that particular venue are already criticised for being below par for the spectators, but one must assume the LOC does everything to make the participants comfortable, both on and off the ice.

We'll know more soon, smart phones and social media are everywhere, no skater can move a pinky unnoticed nowadays.

McBibus

On the Ice
Thanks Orlov.
She did not get rewarded that day, but we all could see WHY during the season.

Tyranid

Final Flight
I haven't been on the forum for a while and I really have to say THANK YOU GOD for the existence of Alena Kostornaia! :bow::bow::bow:
Since Lena Radionova's last skate I never truly had a lady to cheer for. Even whilst siding with Zagi over Med on the road to the Olympics, I never experienced that rattling yet pleasant state of sweaty hands.
Also, thank god that Lakernik, Piseev (Rus fed head), and most FS public figures are on my side this time. I never, ever thought that Kostner's skating and Midori Ito sized 3A (Kostornaia' best one ascended to 57 cm while unofficial calculations for Midori's was around 60) could be combined in one human being. Add to that her spunk, charisma, ... ok, l'll stop, she's incredible and l' devoting myself to this fan feat. Please accept! :pray::laugh:

Oh and hey Batsuchan, fine people share fine taste! :agree:

SkateSkates

Medalist
I haven't been on the forum for a while and I really have to say THANK YOU GOD for the existence of Alena Kostornaia! :bow::bow::bow:
Since Lena Radionova's last skate I never truly had a lady to cheer for. Even whilst siding with Zagi over Med on the road to the Olympics, I never experienced that rattling yet pleasant state of sweaty hands.
Also, thank god that Lakernik, Piseev (Rus fed head), and most FS public figures are on my side this time. I never, ever thought that Kostner's skating and Midori Ito sized 3A (Kostornaia' best one ascended to 57 cm while unofficial calculations for Midori's was around 60) could be combined in one human being. Add to that her spunk, charisma, ... ok, l'll stop, she's incredible and l' devoting myself to this fan feat. Please accept! :pray::laugh:

Welcome to our Aliona fandom community :)

I am also wondering if any of Aliona’s 3As at nationals hit the 60cm mark. All three were incredibly high and fully rotated I have to think at least one of them came close...too bad there was no iScope at Nationals.

McBibus

On the Ice

Welcome!

Someone "differently young" enough to remember Midori. :cool2:
I did not liked her at start, but then I saw her live.
The elevation, the speed, the acceleration: fantastic.

Aliona reminds me of Kostner not because she skates like her, but because like Carolina she seems to move in a bubble of magic.
She's a dream come true.

Heikkitapani

Rinkside
IMHO I do agree with one narrator about Alena K: she is a dream come true! Her skating is so smooth, soft and also solid and fast. And she doesnt skate just for the next jump but then suddenly - kinda jumps: big, high, easy(looking), beautiful. 3A is the best EVER, male or female. I find it a bit ridiculous of discussion if it is enough to have ONLY 3A (or two) for a ladys, especially when the axels are out of this world. Aliona is the crown jewel of the young russians and I hope that she will be around till 20´s.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Also, thank god that Lakernik, Piseev (Rus fed head), and most FS public figures are on my side this time. I never, ever thought that Kostner's skating and Midori Ito sized 3A (Kostornaia' best one ascended to 57 cm while unofficial calculations for Midori's was around 60) could be combined in one human being. Add to that her spunk, charisma, ... ok, l'll stop, she's incredible and l' devoting myself to this fan feat. Please accept!

TYRANID!! Welcome back!!! :yahoo: So good to hear from you!!

I agree with everything you wrote!! :yes: :yes: Especially the part about fine people sharing fine taste! :biggrin: :agree:

I'm glad you've found our fan fest! Please post long and often and share in the Aliona love! :love:

Batsuchan

Medalist
IMHO I do agree with one narrator about Alena K: she is a dream come true! Her skating is so smooth, soft and also solid and fast. And she doesnt skate just for the next jump but then suddenly - kinda jumps: big, high, easy(looking), beautiful. 3A is the best EVER, male or female. I find it a bit ridiculous of discussion if it is enough to have ONLY 3A (or two) for a ladys, especially when the axels are out of this world. Aliona is the crown jewel of the young russians and I hope that she will be around till 20´s.

Welcome Heikkitapani! Please post long and often! :)

I agree that Aliona is a dream come true! :yes: :yes: And I also hope that she skates for a long time! :bow:

Batsuchan

Medalist
I am also wondering if any of Aliona’s 3As at nationals hit the 60cm mark. All three were incredibly high and fully rotated I have to think at least one of them came close...too bad there was no iScope at Nationals.

Yes, it is a shame there was no iScope at Nationals...But maybe at Euros or Worlds? :pray:

In my *non-expert* opinion, I do think that Aliona's 3As early in the season (the fully rotated ones) might have been higher than the recent ones. At Nationals, especially, it seemed like she had a tighter air position and was rotating faster than before, which probably means she doesn't need to jump as high (and have more hang time) in order to complete the rotations. I wouldn't be surprised if they were more like the 52 cm one she did at GPF SP. :yes:

But 57 cm is higher than at least one of Sasha's quads (whatever they showed on IceScope; I can't remember off the top of my head, but it was 56cm). If Aliona actually does a quad, I bet it will be MASSIVE, definitely 60+ cm! :yes:

Batsuchan

Medalist