Alena Kostornaia | Page 218 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Ooh thanks! :luv17:

Can someone translate what she said at the end?? :pray:

What the others said. That like the other athletes she has to do workouts at home during the quarantine, so let's everyone do workouts, take care about his health and stay at home.

Batsuchan

Medalist
What the others said. That like the other athletes she has to do workouts at home during the quarantine, so let's everyone do workouts, take care about his health and stay at home.

Thanks for the translation flanker! :thank:

More random Aliona content from me:

Some Japanese fan has outfitted a doll with Aliona's Twilight FS costume (see the whole thread of pics):
https://twitter.com/sparawk/status/1244585270105624576
:biggrin:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Aliona‘s doing a live stream on Instagram right now and she‘s talking in English. So, quick come and join and don‘t miss it! :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
let us know if there is a link to a recording please :)

Unfortunately it looks like Aliona hasn‘t saved it on her Instagram. So, the part where she speaks Russian afterwards is deleted, I guess. But she was talking to a roller skater, I believe:

https://instagram.com/pierluca_tocco?igshid=8iodq5jjqy9

And I think you should find the live stream on his profile.

One thing I remember that really impressed me was when they were talking about the quarantine and wanting to go outside so badly and Aliona said something along the lines of:

It‘s so weird because before we wouldn‘t appreciate what we had, we were sitting in front of our phones. Only when you miss something you really start to value it.

This is heavily paraphrased but that was the essence of it and I found it to be a very wise thing to say. It‘s definitely true and it‘s these days that we learn to appreciate how good our lives had been, really.

Fried

Final Flight
It‘s definitely true and it‘s these days that we learn to appreciate how good our lives had been, really.
And we should appreciate how comparatively good our lives are still today. I don't want to think about how bad it is for people in crisis areas or fleeing civil wars, some of whom don't even have access to water and toilets. One cannot imagine what will happen if the virus spreads in Africa.

Fluture

Record Breaker
And we should appreciate how comparatively good our lives are still today. I don't want to think about how bad it is for people in crisis areas or fleeing civil wars, some of whom don't even have access to water and toilets. One cannot imagine what will happen if the virus spreads in Africa.

Yes! Definitely. It might be hard sometimes to stay at home all the time (especially for athletic and active people like figure skaters) but in the end, we‘re still lucky. Thank you for adding this to my post, it‘s a very important point. It really makes you see everything differently.

Fluture

Record Breaker
In her live, Aliona also confirmed that she prefers Aliona or Alyona over Alena

Yes, it was the first thing she said. He asked her: Is it Alena or Aliona and she was all like: Aliona, of course!! Made me feel bad because I remember at JGP Linz, when I was still a pretty new fan and didn‘t know better, I called her “Alena“ when asking for a picture. Oops. :slink:

macy

Record Breaker
thank you guys! her English has gotten much better even in the last few months!

i honestly could not imagine being a competitive athlete during a time like this- there is only so much you can do to keep in shape outside of your actual sport. you can do so many off ice jumps, exercises, dance, strength training, etc but you still can't run programs or do your skills as you would on ice. i would be so heartbroken to not be able to train properly, and i'm sure they were all devastated when they learned they had to stay away from the rink for an extended period of time.

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Again she's wearing Guess... :) Looks beautiful and relaxed. She's so cute when she's speaking in English... :luv17: I hope we'll be able to read the translation of Aliona's live-stream as well.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I’m so glad Aliona was able to do the live stream today! And she mentioned filming her training potentially next week so we have more videos to look forward to :)

Batsuchan

Medalist
Again she's wearing Guess... :) Looks beautiful and relaxed. She's so cute when she's speaking in English... :luv17: I hope we'll be able to read the translation of Aliona's live-stream as well.

Yes, I noticed that she was wearing Guess again too! :biggrin:

To me she looks much more well-rested than she did during the season, when it seemed like the bags under her eyes were really huge. :eek:

The English translation of her live stream is in the comments of the last two posts below that Fluture shared. :agree:

I'm glad to see that Aliona is mostly keeping a positive attitude despite being stuck at home! :agree:

I thought it was interesting that she said she has to limit how much she eats this time because she's not training. I wonder if that means she doesn't usually have to limit herself much--if so, that's great to hear.

I guess she has gone back to wanting to be a neurosurgeon (instead of a sports journalist), but at least she will take an academic leave first so she can continue skating. :agree:

I'm looking forward to seeing more videos from our darling vampire angel! :hap57:

ETA Forgot to mention that Aliona really does seem to be more fluent in English than early in the season, but I also suspect that's because she gets nervous for the official interviews. :yes:

McBibus

On the Ice
Yes, it was the first thing she said. He asked her: Is it Alena or Aliona and she was all like: Aliona, of course!! Made me feel bad because I remember at JGP Linz, when I was still a pretty new fan and didn‘t know better, I called her “Alena“ when asking for a picture. Oops. :slink:

But she was supersweet and kind anyway, wasn't she? ;)