Alena Kostornaia | Page 239 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

LuffyJackson

Rinkside
I don‘t know. Honestly, I have no idea about the time line because for me, this whole story doesn‘t add up.

It actually does when you remove Eteri's account, Daniil said they found out about her decision on July 18, Plush said they contacted 2 weeks before his interview (July 31) which is July 17.
If Aliona had stopped skating 3 days before July 18 (July 14) and only had her 1st training on Aug 4 (IG Live) then she hadn't had ice training in exactly 3 weeks.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDjaP2UqBrX/?igshid=1pzhw1ic6dfqt

Looks like Plushenko and Rozanov are choreographing her programs. Hoped it would be a choreographer outside Russia, or Averbukh/Tarasova, but still hoping it'll be a great program. Kostornaia is capable of making almost anything look lovely
She made the twilight programm into something beautiful, even if the music cuts were again horrible , but she made it somehow work so i have no doubt that as long as it isnt complete trash she can make any programm look amazingly

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
Alyona is wonderful, and I want to support her, but man is watching her work on programs with Plushenko making me nervous.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Reading Plushenko‘s most recent interview, I‘m pretty nervous about the season. He‘s said multiple times now that they‘re ”starting from scratch“ and that Aliona “hasn‘t skated for a long time“. This makes it sound as if she’ll have to completely re-learn her triples again which doesn‘t bode well, considering that test skates start in a month and the programs haven‘t been choreographed yet! I‘m not even talking about the 3A, which I think we can be pretty sure won‘t be ready by test skates. But just her general state and shape, physical as well as mental. I hope she won‘t be too affected by the drama but it‘s certainly good that she feels the love of her fans and has recently felt safe enough to turn on the comments again!

I think we‘ll have to prepare for a tough season ahead, regardless though. Coaching changes are never easy and Aliona is starting very late. However, if there‘s a season for all that to happen, it‘s now. She‘s had a brilliant senior debut and while it would of course be helpful to keep the momentum going leading up to Beijing, it‘s better to have a bit of a slump now, rather than skate perfectly for two seasons and fall flat/burn out in the Olympic one.

For test skates, I‘m hoping for her to have her programs at least mostly finished and be able to skate with 3-3s restored.

Maybe a tentative layout could look like this?

3F+3T
2A
3Lzx

3F+3T
2A
3Lo
2A
3Lz+2Tx
3F+Eu+3Sx
3Lzx

Similar to what she had at test skates last year, just a bit simpler? I think the task is to skate cleanly at test skates, even if the technical content is a bit easier. This way she can show she‘s still there, still ready and going strong. Difficulty like more backloaded combos and the 3A should come once she‘s comfortable with her jumps and programs again. Otherwise I fear she‘d risk injury. IMO at least.

What do y‘all think, what Aliona should/can we expect at test skates?

Given the context of the interview I’d assumed Plushenko meant they were starting from scratch with choreography. Aliona herself said she’d regained all the triples. That was of course before the drama, but quite honestly, I don’t see that being an issue because the break now is much shorter than during the pandemic. I can’t imagine that one of the best figure skaters in the world would struggle with that when we’ve so many videos of all levels of skaters who have regained their triples. For me it will be confidence, and whether she is acquainted enough with her programs to skate them with the perfection we know she values.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Given the context of the interview I’d assumed Plushenko meant they were starting from scratch with choreography. Aliona herself said she’d regained all the triples. That was of course before the drama, but quite honestly, I don’t see that being an issue because the break now, (maybe a week) is much shorter than during the pandemic. I can’t imagine that one of the best figure skaters in the world would struggle with that when we’ve so many videos of all levels of skaters who have regained their triples. For me it will be confidence, and whether she is acquainted enough with her programs to skate them with the perfection we know she values.
The break wasnt one week but almost 3 weeks, cause i doubt she was skating the 2 weeks after she told eteri that she was leaving, and then almost a week from the announcement of eteri to when yesterday when seh was on the ice again.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The break wasnt one week but almost 3 weeks, cause i doubt she was skating the 2 weeks after she told eteri that she was leaving, and then almost a week from the announcement of eteri to when yesterday when seh was on the ice again.

I corrected the error, just a typing lapse. But I think the point is still somewhat relevant, three weeks is certainly different from two months. I am confident in Aliona, and I think we should all be too. Maybe the 3A won’t be prepared before the test skates, but I expect everything else from her, she is after all an elite skater who has talent that has earned her world records and International titles. I will not fret, only hope that her new skating environment is a better fit for her, an that she is of course, happy.

macy

Record Breaker
can anyone clarify if it was Rozanov or Dudakov who helped her with consistency and getting her jumps when she moved to Eteri? i know both work on the technical side, but i am wondering who is more responsible for her consistency and technique on her triples (outside the 3A)

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Aliona and the coaches https://www.instagram.com/p/CDjV4ITqZpT/ and https://www.instagram.com/p/CDjaP2UqBrX/

I'm a littl bit worried. The man who shared the video is a rehabilitologist..There was a gossip about Aliona's back injury....
An AP insider (who was right about Alyona in the past) posted info about her health issues (no details) and her working with a team of doctors (traumatologists and rehabilitologists). (I strongly suspect it's an official insider and the info was leaked on purpose.)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
can anyone clarify if it was Rozanov or Dudakov who helped her with consistency and getting her jumps when she moved to Eteri? i know both work on the technical side, but i am wondering who is more responsible for her consistency and technique on her triples (outside the 3A)

I would presume it was Dudakov, Aliona moved to Eteri about the same time (or even slightly earlier) as Rozanov and the most importatnt work must have been done sometimes between may/june, when she joined, and Moscow Cup, which secured her first JGP spot. And as her programs were done by Eteri and Daniil, I would guess the older Sergei wasn't also left behind.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
An AP insider (who was right about Alyona in the past) posted info about her health issues (no details) and her working with a team of doctors (traumatologists and rehabilitologists). (I strongly suspect it's an official insider and the info was leaked on purpose.)

What is AP?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Whatwere they right about her in the past?
Who and when she was going to skate with. This insider conveniently appeared right after Alyona transferred to Plushenko.

The first mention of health problems actually goes back all the way to Daniil. Then Plusheko referred to doctors in his interview. Then there were those quickly deleted videos by Dr. Alexei Ivkov which nevertheless had time to be reposted elsewhere. Then the insider's posts. Which makes me think this is a planned leak. These people are not exactly strangers to PR.