Alena Kostornaia | Page 240 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

vorravorra

Record Breaker
So I originally anticipated that Aliona hadn't gotten sponsorships because she has been very clear about her boundaries with figure skating and her long term career goals, but she has been with Plushenko less than a week and is already posting a sponsorship. Interesting...

https://www.instagram.com/aliona_officialnew/?hl=en
Plushenko has always been great at getting sponsorships for his students. Even Tarakanova got something, Alyona was hardly going to be a problem.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
So I originally anticipated that Aliona hadn't gotten sponsorships because she has been very clear about her boundaries with figure skating and her long term career goals, but she has been with Plushenko less than a week and is already posting a sponsorship. Interesting...

https://www.instagram.com/aliona_officialnew/?hl=en
I dont think its a sponsorship, , i mean zhenya also wears their clothes? But who knows, if it is i am happy for her, she deserves it

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

LuffyJackson

Rinkside
I think it is a sponsorship, Aliona wouldn't have tagged them and wrote a dedicated caption if it wasn't. She's never introduce or promoted any product in her collection before.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think it is a sponsorship, Aliona wouldn't have tagged them and wrote a dedicated caption if it wasn't. She's never introduce or promoted any product in her collection before.

I believe it, too. Why does she do without sponsorship? Does it in the past? She knows who is she. She knows her power.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I think EGO is the common thing between her past and new head coaches :laugh:

I guess Alenka must be very inspired now with all those big Plushenko posters all around her.. :laugh:

Yes, that is weird :laugh: for us but that is well-known things for the Russians. That is very common in the Russian training ice rinks they put on the wall the great national athletes or the champions of the club. For example on the wall of Kislovodsk training camp's rink there is much bigger Plushenko pic. :laugh: at 55 sec https://www.instagram.com/p/CBxSSJID0aX/ But there is a huge Plushenko pic on the wall of Kranevo ice rink, Bulgaria. ;) http://www.blackseaicearena.com/en/article/5/ice-arena.html

macy

Record Breaker
It’s not a sponsorship. They are not paying for her training. It’s more like a barter relationship - free clothes for posts.

A lot of skaters in other groups do this (Liza N comes to mind, I think I’ve seen Sofia Samodurova too) with smaller brands like Karisma, Chique Sport etc. I’ve never seen skaters in Team Tutberidze do this, although once before Aliona posted for Chique sport and deleted it a few hours later.

i am thinking this too. the company has both Aliona and Sofya T. tagged in their bio, so they are most likely brand ambassadors of sorts.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yeah, also this is a small Italian company which makes hand made figure skating clothes. Although the items are not cheap (prices look higher than Nike/Under Armour, similar to lululemon), there’s no way this brand has enough money to help finance her training. But hey, some new training clothes can’t hurt! Especially when she’s clearly growing she probably needs it!

That’s... that’s what a sponsorship is. Training clothes are part of training. So.??? Idk, maybe it’s a cultural thing, where I am this is considered a sponsorship.

I don’t think the semantics matter and I won’t argue about them. I just think it’s curious that she’s never posted any sponsored content on her instagram until now. Though again makes me wonder what motivation Eteri would have for blocking sponsorships for Aliona but not the rest. Idk.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Yeah, also this is a small Italian company which makes hand made figure skating clothes. Although the items are not cheap (prices look higher than Nike/Under Armour, similar to lululemon), there’s no way this brand has enough money to help finance her training. But hey, some new training clothes can’t hurt! Especially when she’s clearly growing she probably needs it!

If the brand buys new a skates for Aliona that is good.

Aliona is on the karisma sport facebook page https://www.facebook.com/giegibykarisma/

Scott512

Record Breaker
kostornaiateam on instagram shared an interview with Aliona, seems to be from around the time Novogorsk opened. here is the translation:

On the first week of the quarantine, I was pretty fine, but then I got bored. The monotony was really pressing, one day was turning to another one and they were absolutely similar. I had lessons from morning till dinner, after that I had the first training and a little break, and after that I had the second training. About 8 pm I did my homework and after that, if I have some time, I read and watched TV. I got upset that I can’t do horseback riding. I was thinking: what a pity! I never had enough time for that and now I totally can’t do it!
I trained in different styles: special program running, strength training, jumping. We took out the furniture from one of the rooms, and I jumped there. And also I did ballet bare practice and stretch. Nothing extraordinary. I tried to keep myself in usual weigh to avoid a situation when I wouldn’t be able to feet in my training closes.
Actually, I treated that quarantine very seriously. I tried to go to bed not too late because I understood, if I break my daily rhythm, it will be hard to get in it back.
The positive moment of the quarantine is that I got more time for lessons. I’m going to go to the First Medical University, and now I study with a tutor and I read specialized books. Next year I’ll take Unified State Exams. I learn biology for a long time already, but now I’m learning it from scratch for preparing to the USE in advanced program.
During the quarantine I read a book “Do No Harm” by famous British neurosurgeon Henry Marsh. It’s given me by one of my fans. She works in ambulance in Sklifosofsky Institute. That book tells about the job I dream about, neurosurgery. And also I watched “Grey’s Anatomy” to get deeper in my future occupation, so to say.
And the brightest impression of that period… Is the news about the rink opened in Novogorsk! We were told about it on Friday, and we went on the ice on Monday. Three days of waiting and finally we’re there! When I trained at home, I didn't have enough full workload to fall from fatigue

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDi6KRmoaIi/
Amazing thank you for this unbelievable interview.
Aliona is brilliant but bored. Super talented but bored. She's beautiful but bored. Get the theme? It's possible she been with her former coach and that great team for about 4 years. Maybe she got bored after almost perfect senior debut season. Alena is very different than your average wonderful figure skater in that she wants to be a neurosurgeon and that's a realistic goal. All the medical courses she's taking and will be taking is really is to be admired. Maybe EG gets frustrated with her that figure skating isn't her only goal in life. But that's the way it is and aliona is onto the next chapter in her career and life and we all wish her well.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
TT and Averbuch are really salty about Kostornaia's transition. 2 videos in the last twenty four hours about how the transitions of Trusova and Kostornaia are unfair to Tut, and that there should be contractual agreements, severance obligations, and even that Kostornaia should not be allowed to compete this season. Absolute insanity, I don't see this sort of drama around switching coaches as a "betrayal" anywhere else in the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z49xnhAh-0M&t=10s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3Ryywg0cU

macy

Record Breaker
TT and Averbuch are really salty about Kostornaia's transition. 2 videos in the last twenty four hours about how the transitions of Trusova and Kostornaia are unfair to Tut, and that there should be contractual agreements, severance obligations, and even that Kostornaia should not be allowed to compete this season. Absolute insanity, I don't see this sort of drama around switching coaches as a "betrayal" anywhere else in the world.

i dont even remember seeing such clownery when evgenia left her :rolleye:

bouncy

☀️
On the Ice
This is silly but I wonder if there's any consequence of not submitting her files to the Fed. Will she still be eligible for national competitions this season?

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
This is silly but I wonder if there's any consequence of not submitting her files to the Fed. Will she still be eligible for national competitions this season?

I think there is no need to worry too much about this. Everything will be fine.

Scott512

Record Breaker

The shock of the AK coaching change is not really the issue it's when it was done. It was well after the transfer deadline closed. Also having a nearly perfect debut season and then leaving your coach has left a lot of people puzzled. But Aliona is a very smart girl I think the smartest and best ladies figure skater in the world. I don't think she would make this move unless she thought it would actually help her get even better. Is that her very high level of skating and talent she needs a certain amount of coaching attention to be paid to her and with so many great girls at TT the coaches may have been spreading themselves a little bit thin.

The thing about what the coaches want about being compensated in some way. I don't know how if that could ever work out because Aliona and other girls can't afford to pay a coach a certain amount for all the good work they did together. As we all know coaches get rid of skaters all the time or expel them. Eteri told Panekova who was a really good Jr a couple years ago she had to go back to the kids group or leave TT. Yes it works both ways. The coaches need to be better adults when their pupils leave them unexpectedly. TT and AK both got a lot out of working with each other. But now Alena has a new chapter in her career and life and I hope she maximizes her potential.

i dont even remember seeing such clownery when evgenia left her :rolleye:
That was bad. Some people called Zhenya a traitor because she went to live and train in Canada. That is of course nonsense. Well some fans are confused about this coaching change of aliona no one can really consider it a betrayal or anything like that. We have to remember behind 3A there is kamila and who knows what other great girls are coming up to get the attention of the coaches. Maybe Aliona getting more one on one attention at the Plushenko Academy was a deciding factor in this change. I can only hope she's healthy and happy in her new surroundings.
The adults around her have to make sure this gets done. Alena has enough to think about.

I think she skates in any national or domestic competition and if there is a European or World Championship I think they'll find a way to get her there too. Everyone has to remember it's only been two weeks since this shocking and surprising coaching change happened. The dust has to settle on this and then we'll see where things stand. Aliona will be skating this season whatever the season is.