Mako Yamashita | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mako Yamashita

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
Congratulations to Mako for her silver! :luv17: Not many people predicted that. She’s a dark horse this season, I think she’s going to do very well, she’s strong

macy

Record Breaker
i'm surprised no one else has said this yet, but there is something very yuna-esque about her skating. her lutz-toe technique is almost identical to yuna's and to me her body shape even physically looks like yuna.

my only criticism is that SP music needs to GO asap, but she has soooooo much potential. never saw her skate before this weekend, but was instantly a fan!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i'm surprised no one else has said this yet, but there is something very yuna-esque about her skating. her lutz-toe technique is almost identical to yuna's and to me her body shape even physically looks like yuna.

my only criticism is that SP music needs to GO asap, but she has soooooo much potential. never saw her skate before this weekend, but was instantly a fan!

That's so interesting you would compare her to Yuna. Maybe it was because of the Madame Butterfly program, I was thinking "Does Japan have another Mao in the making here?!" This is the second year she has used Madame Butterfly, and last season she had a lavender costume which reminded me of Mao's. What more can be said about that SP music that hasn't already been said. It is really brutal! This is the first time I had ever seen her live, but I watched several of her junior performances online and enjoyed her.

macy

Record Breaker
That's so interesting you would compare her to Yuna. Maybe it was because of the Madame Butterfly program, I was thinking "Does Japan have another Mao in the making here?!" This is the second year she has used Madame Butterfly, and last season she had a lavender costume which reminded me of Mao's. What more can be said about that SP music that hasn't already been said. It is really brutal! This is the first time I had ever seen her live, but I watched several of her junior performances online and enjoyed her.

it was also something about her dress that made me think of yuna...i think she competed in something similar when she was young? or maybe its the sleeves making me think of her send in the clowns dress, but in a different color. either way Mako has a very special quality about her...hoping she makes GPF!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Is it wrong that I have watched each her her SC routines over a dozen times? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! I don’t follow juniors and knew nothing about her before her senior debut season and Mako has left a very good first impression with me ��

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Looking forward to seeing Mako again this weekend and hoping she can match or exceed her Skate Canada performance :hap10:

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Good luck to Mako at Rostelecom! Silver is hers to lose imo, not that I want to jinx her or nuthin' :scard8: Skate beautifully!

lusterfan

Final Flight
She did well as a junior, but there's so much competition against Japanese seniors. A bit too early still, but I never expected her to be a strong contender for the GPF.

Would be such a statement if she gets in over the likes of Kaori, Mai, Wakaba, Marin. Hopefully she makes her mark and makes her case for the stacked three-lady Japanese team.

IleK

On the Ice
She did well as a junior, but there's so much competition against Japanese seniors. A bit too early still, but I never expected her to be a strong contender for the GPF.

Would be such a statement if she gets in over the likes of Kaori, Mai, Wakaba, Marin. Hopefully she makes her mark and makes her case for the stacked three-lady Japanese team.

Unfortuntely Wakaba and Marin don't look very competitive right now. And the newcomers are really competitive, I would say that Japan is the new Russia with so many young extraordinary skaters. With Satoko at her best and Rika blowing us away with her 3A, there is no much room left. And the rest of them are so talented, and even if they would skate their best, there are still only 3 who will make the team. Frustrating.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I have to say that I enjoyed Mako's skating no matter the result. It is obvious that her abilities are very good, it just wasn't her day with jumps. But other things, spins, steps, I really liked it. Some people had troubles with the music choice but I liked it and I think Mako is good in interpretation too. I wish her most of luck for the free program and for the next competitions.:thumbsup:

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Not her best but she's already shown what she's capable of. Hopefully She can redeem herself in the free :)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's strong in the free. Hope she has a better day tomorrow!

gotoschool

Medalist
I wish Mako the very best in her skating. She is an impressive performer. I liked her Madame Butterfly performance especially. I hope Mako will be healthy.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Mako.......:cry::sad21: The GPF was in your reach....might have been too much to ask, but I'm sad....

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know this video is late, but better late than never...

CBC commentary for her Rostelecom Cup LP is at 4:00, plus there's a warm-up clip at 2:19 (the password is women): https://vimeo.com/299711362 Her SP wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.