2018 Olympic Season: Pairs Figure Skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Season: Pairs Figure Skating

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I give Aliona full credit she knows what she wants and nothing is going to stop her. She took a mediocre strong specimen and made him an olympic contender.

Can you imagine a scenario where he pops his SBS jumps in the Free and Aliona is in 3rd again? :shocked:

Now i've scared myself...

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Can you imagine a scenario where he pops his SBS jumps in the Free and Aliona is in 3rd again? :shocked:

"And from that day on, he was never heard from again....."

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

Shhhh :devil:
Plus it's team work... both are getting 3rd not just her... PLUS they are not getting 3rd okay ? :mad: :laugh:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I'm scared and nervous and will probably have silver hair after the next two nights. But, hey maybe I'll look like Daenerys Targaryen and not Baba Yaga. ;) Go S/M!!!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Yeah but if you told him he'll be getting an Olympic Bronze 4 years ago he would've been like :party2:

Yes because 4 years ago, but I saw a couple of interview in French, Bruno is incredibely driven. A hardworker, he wants to win badly. Wishing them the best (my ultimate wish is gold for them - if not, Silver and Sui/Han gold depending on who does best).

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Yes because 4 years ago, but I saw a couple of interview in French, Bruno is incredibely driven. A hardworker, he wants to win badly. Wishing them the best (my ultimate wish is gold for them - if not, Silver and Sui/Han gold depending on who does best).

Oh, For sure he's gonna go for it, He's shown he's a fighter and a champion
and he really wants it

It's just gonna be interesting (if that ends up being the case)
to see a devastated Savchenko standing on the Olympic podium next to a partner
who would probably be feeling incredibly blessed

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Is there a pool going to see how many pairs NBC will chock or do we know in advance? I watched endless snow board and down hill runs yesterday that werent chocked.......

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The challenge I am facing is how to watch skating 4 nights in a row from today/tomorrow AND go to work afterwards, being productive in disguise:hopelessness:

But I am hella determined to do it!!!

LadyB

Record Breaker
The challenge I am facing is how to watch skating 4 nights in a row from today/tomorrow AND go to work afterwards, being productive in disguise:hopelessness:

But I am hella determined to do it!!!

It's been working for me so far (last Friday and yesterday). I got tired around lunch time, but I battled through. I'm having an early night. Hopefully it'll work for the next few times as well. Fingers crossed!

anyanka

Record Breaker
Oh, For sure he's gonna go for it, He's shown he's a fighter and a champion
and he really wants it

It's just gonna be interesting (if that ends up being the case)
to see a devastated Savchenko standing on the Olympic podium next to a partner
who would probably be feeling incredibly blessed

I think overall, Aljona is skating with a joy and abandon that hasn't been seen from her during her years with Robin. Perhaps it was because she was so focused that anything less than gold would have devastated her. She did look happy the next night when she got her medal. I'm guessing that things in her own life are going well and she's very fulfilled. She's happily married now, and from her posts on social media, she looks focused and determined but also seems to be taking time to enjoy everything that's come to her.

My point is: if she doesn't win gold, but she's still on the podium, she'll likely look back on her career with great pride. She means so much to so many of us who have followed skating and her career, and she'll know we appreciate her and respect her forever for all her accomplishments. Heck if she wins bronze for the third time she'll likely shrug it off (with mild disappointment) and then happily skate off into the sunset.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
The cut off after the SP is going to be harsh. :( Wonder if anybody from the first two groups will crack the Top 16? H/B and R/K in Group 3 might be vulnerable. But anybody else would be a major upset, I think.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Nail Biter!!! All three of my favorite pairs are competing against each other!!! :tantrum: :yahoo:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I'm very interested to see if Tarasova / Morosov can repeat their stellar short program from the team event. If they can nail it, they'll likely make the podium.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Also excited for Ryom / Kim as the only representative for North Korea in the Games (unless you count the joint North-South hockey team).