Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: I, Tonya

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrice View Post
    For the US. I have seen Ashley and Nathan on commercials. Ashley's in the car commercial and Nathan is part of the Olympic Commercial.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex9L3iyTp4c
    Do athletes get paid for things like the Olympic commercial? Most of it was footage from previous Olympics, that NBC had the original broadcast rights for. The figure skating footage that wasn't Olympics looked like it was from other competitions. There was even a short clip of Shen and Zhou from Vancouver 2010!

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaPat View Post
    Do athletes get paid for things like the Olympic commercial? Most of it was footage from previous Olympics, that NBC had the original broadcast rights for. The figure skating footage that wasn't Olympics looked like it was from other competitions. There was even a short clip of Shen and Zhou from Vancouver 2010!
    I think it depends on the contract. I know that some events make you sign a waiver that allows them to use footage from the competition as long as it's not for profit. Since this is an ad and the Olympic Committee likely paid to have it aired, I doubt the athletes featured are paid.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12