Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Kostner's plan for the Lutz in 2018?

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte14 View Post
    Let's say Skating God has blessed Kostner with perfect technique, skating skill, artistry, and longevity, even the love of the judges,
    God does take something back though, consistency... it's like a curse to her.
    yet she won 5 European titles, a world title (without the lutz), and had the skate of her life to finally win the long awaited olympic medal (with a perfect lutz). Carolina has done everyting, really. had she been a more consistent skater, she would have quit years ago. i love the course of her carrer and her longevity.

Skating is Art, if you let it be Blades of Passion's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yume View Post
    If Kostner wins olympics with that program, maybe girls will not try 3A, quad and hard 3-3 anymore.
    Lu Chen at 1996 Worlds + Michelle Kwan at 1996 Worlds + 1998 Nationals + 1998 World Pro + 2002 Nationals + 2003 Worlds all deserve to outscore any performance we saw from a lady last season or this season. What they display in those performances is more important than having a Triple-Triple. The perfection of presentation and immaculate musicality is more important than 1 extra rotation in a jump.

Problem is, Kostner currently doesn't have the same level of jump content as those Ladies in the 90's and her programs and performances are not as good. Hence the rage for her scores. And Medvedeva just gets the same PCS anyway, so Kostner can't actually beat her that way even if she deserves to. Kostner won't win unless she puts 3Flip+3Toe in both programs, plus a Lutz in the LP (except for the unlikely event of her skating totally clean with watered down content while every other top competitor has multiple big mistakes).

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    What they display in those performances is more important than having a Triple-Triple. The perfection of presentation and immaculate musicality is more important than 1 extra rotation in a jump.
    That's why i said that technical difficulties would not be the most important. Kostner's program as an OGM program, could make ladies practice more on artistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Kostner won't win unless she puts 3Flip+3Toe in both programs, plus a Lutz in the LP (except for the unlikely event of her skating totally clean with watered down content while every other top competitor has multiple big mistakes).
    And that's why i said that skating gods are with her.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by yume View Post
    That's why i said that technical difficulties would not be the most important. Kostner's program as an OGM program, could make ladies practice more on artistic.
    Not really, because we see many very artistic ladies not getting those PCs, and many ladies who are not artistic at all getting those kind of PCs.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by moriel View Post
    Not really, because we see many very artistic ladies not getting those PCs, and many ladies who are not artistic at all getting those kind of PCs.
    Yeah. And after a full quad or half a quad spent believing that everyone one can get the same treatment, they will quietly go back to jumps. It will be just another 2010-2012 period (one of the worst of ladies figure skating)

But i know (hope) that this won't be the scenario. It's just my bad fantasia .

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13