Kostner's plan for the Lutz in 2018? | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Kostner's plan for the Lutz in 2018?

msadot

On the Ice
Carolina needs to decide if she wants to be competitive and go for the Olympic Gold medal or if she wants to coast and skate for the joy skating and let me know because she's giving me hard attacks. Unfortunately, it looks like she's decided to do the latter. Things is though, the judges are giving her clear hints that they would give her the Gold medal if she went for it.

Of course she skates for medals; otherwise she would not compete at all.

Journalist Arianna Secondini via her manager Giulia Mancini hinted she's planning 250 points for Olympics.

After that... she will have won ANY "major competition" repeatedly; 50 "major" medals, 70 international medals. Impressive.

But... again, it's impressive how these numbers... are not enough, as you're R I G H T L Y "doing the maths" (six points here, two points there, .... and so on).
I party pity her for this, honestly: no performance and no goal seems to be enough, so she may not know when to stop. :(

Miller

Final Flight
^^^ Yes they key is her 3F-3T. If she can do this and her other of 2A-1Lo-3S then she can do 7 triples including the Lutz plus 2 2As. However only 1 'triple-triple' and she can only do 8 big jumps in 7 jumping passes, in which the best she can do is effectively replace a 2A with a 3Lz which might not be worth it. However 3F-3T and the Lutz would effectively replace a 2T, definitely worth it.

halulupu

Final Flight
maybe she just sticks for each part of the season with her layout.
started the challengers with a differnte layout than during grand prix and sticked with it.. sticked with her layout during the gp..
now the really important part of the season starts and she will change her layout again. she has a habit in doing so. she has time now to do so and to make sure everything is smooth. last O-season she had even changed both of her programms.

we are all just too impatient (at least I hope so...)

carolina kostner is 30 years of age . she is doing well.

it her choice not ours. she has medals to prove it already.

ask

Match Penalty
carolina kostner is 30 years of age . she is doing well.

it her choice not ours. she has medals to prove it already.

This. She is turning 31 in 2 months. She is not spring chicken anymore. Appreciate whatever she has left in her.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I don't see any need for her to include the lutz when she isn't yet doing 6 triple LPs consistently. I did think we'd see an attempt at the GPF, but if it isn't consistent enough yet then it probably makes sense to leave it out.

bobbob

Medalist
Carolina could have easily been the silver medalist even with an obviously weak jump content. The PCS here wasn't that much higher than everyone else...if she had a move favorable panel for her, she would had gotten the silver...

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I think the 3Lz would actually give her some breathing room simply on base value. So long as she doesn't fall on the element and fully rotates it, and then tacks on a 3T at the end of her second 2A, that's about a 6 point increase just in BV. So even if she made bobbles on a few jumps, she would put herself in very good stead to get on the podium.

msadot

On the Ice
if she had a move favorable panel for her, she would had gotten the silver...

Franca Bianconi, a coach who "loves her more than her own skaters", was at the panel.

Seems like Ms. Secondini n Mancini knew it right: interview bit.ly/2yUU2JF.

Guess what? Seems like I am kinda right, too: she competes to get the Oly medal. :)

Even though some people don't realize it, her number are impressive. :)
49 Major medals by Milano 2018.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I agree - Carolina needs to go for it!

I was disappointed in her mistakes at this Grand Prix. She could have easily gotten a medal.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
So... the real question... if Meagan Duhamel can do a triple lutz at age 32 can Carolina get hers back?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
wow. same tes content as Medvedeva. 3F-3T 3Loop 2A
Slightly lower to be precise: Medvedeva puts all her jumps in the second half, while Caro does her first two in the first, so there's a 1.47 difference... hopefully she can make this up with the PCS!