Kostner's plan for the Lutz in 2018? | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Kostner's plan for the Lutz in 2018?

Ender

Match Penalty
People's heads are going to explode when Kostner skates at Worlds. :dbana:

And Carol Lane will be all, "well it is Italy..." :laugh:
The last time Kostner skated at a big event in Italy, it didn’t turn out well...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry but a skater who can't do the triple lutz should not get near a Olympic podium this is still an athletic sport. It's almost 2018 not 1978.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I'm sorry but a skater who can't do the triple lutz should not get near a Olympic podium this is still an athletic sport. It's almost 2018 not 1978.

And Carolina even with her "1978 jump difficulty" still can't skate clean! That makes the judging look even more foolish

You're not suppose to eliminate difficult jumps and then have the option to occasionally fall, stumble or have invalid elements and yet still in the end have a tech. score within striking distance of girls with greater degree of difficulty. I don't think any other judging sport (diving, gymnastics) allows that to happen. They certainly wouldn't be anywhere near a medal podium with half baked tech. goods.

When your degree of difficulty is low the margin of era is suppose to be much smaller. You're aiming to be close to perfect because every point suddenly becomes more crucial. The same cushion that a skater with more difficult content has is not available. The easier it is the most perfect it should be while the more difficult is allowed some degree of imperfection. Again that true of any judging sport but apparently Carolina is once again exempt from that too

ask

Match Penalty
If Carolina has 1978 jump difficulty, the other girls have 1985 jump difficulty. Lol. Where is the triple axel, where is the quad?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
When is the last time we had a senior lady deliver a four triple layout win a medal on the GP?

Lipnitskaya at the 2014 Cup of China (only 2 were clean). :( I know that Mao also won the 2012 NHK with 3 triples in her free. :dev2:

#Legends

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lipnitskaya at the 2014 Cup of China (only 2 were clean). :(

I've still never watched that. The reports were horrifying :hopelessness:

Kostner trumped her in Worlds 2014 when she won Bronze with only 3triple and 3 single jumps :shocked:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Kostner trumped her in Worlds 2014 when she won Bronze with only 3triple and 3 single jumps :shocked:

wow... this makes me laugh considering people complain about Kaetlyn for usually landing 5 or 6 triples... ... 3 triples.... and 3 singles... .WOW....

NAOTMAA

Medalist

In the end Anna was able to win a world medal in 2016. It was two years late but thank god it came at all :laugh:

ask

Match Penalty
In the end Anna was able to win a world medal in 2016. It was two years late but thank god it came :laugh:

And that will be the last time she ever win a medal again. Guess who will not go to the Olympics?
You see, when you muscle your jumps and your technique is horrific, you will not last long in this sport. There should be reward for mature skaters. Obviously they have been doing it right all these years to be able to last that long. Even if you can't see it, they did it right.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
The last time Kostner skated at a big event in Italy, it didn’t turn out well...

It was incredible compared to what she did in Vancouver a month earlier though. :laugh: She was 6th but only a point away from bronze.

Carolina's free was a hot mess. :drama: Makes me wanna return to my #Justice4Pogo avatar.

wow... this makes me laugh considering people complain about Kaetlyn for usually landing 5 or 6 triples... ... 3 triples.... and 3 singles... .WOW....

It's a different era now and the standards are higher. Ladies aren't doing 3As or quads, but you need 7 triples to contend this season. Even Kostner's bonkers inflated scores aren't going to be enough to medal at the big events if she doesn't hit 7 triples with Medvedeva, Zagitova, Higuchi, and Tsurskaya reeling off clean programs. Osmond too--she's gonna have to skate better than ever just be at the same place she was last year.

David21

On the Ice

Then you have to change the whole judging system, don't blame Kostner or even the judges for that. At the last Olympcis, Kostner landed 7 clean triples including the lutz and she only got bronze (even though IMO she should have finished higher so I'll take and accept any generous judging for her in 2018).

halulupu

Final Flight
like your thought. no med, no osmond, no daleman and several others...kostner woud win gold at olymics:)) at least hers its pitch perfect when she deciced to show it

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I think there should be a requirement for all senior ISU competitions (and the Olympics) that each skater should attempt at least of one each triple in the free.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

I don't necessarily agree. There have been women in the last few years have gotten on the world podium with a 3 triple short and a 6 clean triples in the long. Caro can do this without a lutz. I just don't like how a 1 point difference in PCS over the SP and LP (12 points) exceeds the BV of a 3Lz and a 3F. It makes someone like Evgenia almost untouchable because only a handful of the women are even getting 8.5+ on PCS, and those very good women have to somehow make up 12 points in tech to catch up.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I don't necessarily agree. There have been women in the last few years have gotten on the world podium with a 3 triple short and a 6 clean triples in the long. Caro can do this without a lutz. I just don't like how a 1 point difference in PCS over the SP and LP (12 points) exceeds the BV of a 3Lz and a 3F. It makes someone like Evgenia almost untouchable because only a handful of the women are even getting 8.5+ on PCS, and those very good women have to somehow make up 12 points in tech to catch up.

But Carolina is only attempting five triples...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I do agree for the most part but not without reservation. What the issue is becoming is that the judges are wanting to make Caro conpetive with Zhenia and her massive TES. So that’s why I think they are pumping her PCS even when she fails. For the sake of that specific battle it’s not so disruptive. The problem becomes one for the skaters who are fighting for 2nd or 3rd. Skaters like Wakaba, Masha, Ashley, and even Polina etc.... Those skaters should be able to pass Caro when she isn’t delivering the elements of her program well and more importantly those other skaters did! TES in my opinion needs to have the priority but PCS needs to be respected and there to save skaters who go clean and deliver a higher quality performance.

I wonder what percentage of the judges started prior to CoP.

moriel

Record Breaker
like your thought. no med, no osmond, no daleman and several others...kostner woud win gold at olymics:)) at least hers its pitch perfect when she deciced to show it

Tsurskaya and Liza fighting for gold, yay!
Sounds actually like a dream podium to me =D

Also, Kolyada for Olympic gold if he does that quad Lutz again.